I'm Not Saying That I'm Not Breaking Some Hearts Tonight

And I Can't Measure Up

Kaitlin started having visible signs that something was wrong “down there” before Mikey got his STD test results back. She set up a gynecologist appointment; having an STD was the last thing on her mind.

“Okay, let’s see what we got here,” said Dr. Simon, as she snapped her latex glove against her wrist. Kaitlin wanted to kick her. “Hmm, Syphilis sive morbus gallicus,” mumbled the doctor.

“What?” snapped Kaitlin.

“Well, that’s the Latin name, it’s most commonly known as Syphilis.” Yeah, Kaitlin really wanted to kick her. “I won’t know for sure, we’ll have to run some test,” she said as she stood up and took off her gloves.

“What is it?” asked Kaitlin.

“Syphilis,” said the Doctor, annoyed at repeating herself.

“I know, but what is that?” Kaitlin felt dumb but she had no idea what was going on.

“It’s a sexually transmitted disease, most commonly known as an STD.”

“Don’t you need to have like sex for that to happen?”

“Well, you’re not a virgin are you?” said Dr. Simon as she looked at her chart.

“No, but like, I only had sex with my boyfriend and he doesn’t have it.”

“Apparently he does.” Kaitlin had to use all her self control.

“Well, how’d he get it if it’s an STD?” Kaitlin asked, but after asking she realized she didn’t have to. Her face fell and Dr. Simon excused her self to get broaches on safe sex and to set up a blood test. She sat there for several seconds and then burst into tears.

Flashback (2 years earlier)

Kaitlin walked into her house holding a bouquet of flowers. It was her and Drew’s 3 year anniversary. It was also their one year engagement anniversary. They were getting married in 6 months. Drew made reservations at a fancy restaurant, but had to cancel them because Kaitlin had to work late. She walked in and called his name, no answer. She walked up the huge staircase, into the master bedroom. The door was somewhat closed, about an inch of it was open, shedding light into the stair case. She heard people, two people. Her throat closed and her heart pounded. She burst into the room and there was Drew; he was in the middle of having sex with some slut.

“Drew,” she whispered.

“Wha?” he said, as he turned around. Kaitlin dropped the flowers. “Kaitlin,” she said. She couldn’t move. The women underneath him propped herself up on her elbows; she was out of breathe.

“Hey sis,” said her sister, Cara, from underneath her fiancée. She turned and left, running down stairs, outside and into the pouring rain.

End of Flashback

Kaitlin cried harder at the though of Drew; her shoulders were shaking, her whole body was shaking. Mikey was cheating on her. How did she not see this coming? How could she be so unbelievably stupid? Goddamn, was she really that hard to love? She had pretty good taste in music, and she hated operas and plays. She hardly dragged guys to stupid chick flicks and she didn’t snore. Maybe that wasn’t good enough. Maybe she was supposed to end up all alone. Kaitlin was all alone and she wanted Gerard to hug her and tell her it would be okay. Wait? What? No, she only wanted that because she and Gerard were friends, right? They had hung out a million times and he was a really good listener; that’s why she wanted him to comfort her. She rubbed her face and sighed. Dr. Simon came in and started talking about condoms and treatment for syphilis.

“You’re lucky it was only syphilis! This std is curable!”

Yeah, Kaitlin was lucky.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter could not be more random, so yeah:]
remeberrrr, when she was talking to her brother?
and ppl keep saying "after all she been thru?" [yeah im okay]
really intense stuff next chapter <3
CCOOOMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEENNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTT =]