I'm Not Saying That I'm Not Breaking Some Hearts Tonight

The Hard Times Will Come

After about 10 songs, Mikey yawned and rubbed his eyes. Kaitlin sat up and started the car.
“I’ll call you tomorrow,” Mikey said. He kissed her and got out of the car. He watched as she drove away.

‘Ugh’ He thought. ‘I wanted her to stay so bad.’ He jumped up and down in place, as if that would make him any less horny. He ran his fingers through his hands and pulled his cell phone out of his pocket. Mikey scrolled through his contacts but shut his phone immediately. He walked into the house. Frank and Bob were still watching TV.

“Where are the girls?” he asked.

“Girls night out,” replied Ray.

Kaitlin usually joined the girls but she had a meeting with her boss. Kaitlin worked for vogue magazine and she worked a lot of hours. She stayed late (much to Mikeys’ dismay) and even brought work home, just to get the promotion.
Gerard was sitting in the kitchen, eating cereal. Mikey gave him a head nod and Gerard just rolled his eyes. Mikey got a bowl, milk, and cereal and sat down next to his brother.

“Mikey, you have to take this seriously,” he said.

“Take what seriously?”

“Your relationship with Kaitlin,” Gerard said with a sigh. “You’re not in high school.”
Mikey just stared as if not a word had registered. Gerard rolled his eyes.

“Why does everyone do that?!” Mikey asked with a laugh. Gerard gave him a questioning look.

“Roll their eyes at me!” Mikey said.

“Cause,” Gerard said “Your rude, idiotic, obnoxious…Shall I continue?”
Mikey just burped.

“Asshole,” mumbled Gerard.

“I get that a lot too,” smiled Mikey.

“I bet you do,” Bob said, taking a seat next to Gerard.

“What’s up asshole?” asked Frank as he smacked Mikey in the back of the head.

Mikey threw a handful of cereal at Frank while he searched in the cabinet for a bowl. Gerard shot him a nasty look and Mikey just laughed. Ray yelled something about starving child in Africa from the den.

“Ya know, One day she’s going to leave you,” stated Gerard.

“Who, Kaitlin?” asked Mikey. Gerard rubbed the bridge of his nose to prevent himself from rolling his eyes.

“Yeah, her. You’re girlfriend,” retorted Gerard.

“Naw, she won’t,” said Mikey, completely uninterested in the conversation.

“How do you know?” asked Bob.

“Cause she’s crazy about me. I’ve given her a million and 8 reasons to break up with me, but she hasn’t,” said Mikey matter-of-factly.

Before anyone could say something the door opens and Marissa, Lauren, Emma, and Sammy walk in. They came in laughing and talking all at once.

“Have a good time ladies?” asked Frank.

“Yes. We did,” replied Lauren, giving him a peck on the cheek.

“Where’s Ray?” asked Sammy.

Frank pointed to the den and she excused herself to be with her boyfriend. Marissa sat next to Bob and kissed him and Emma just sat next to Gerard, barely saying hello.

“What is with the cheerios on the floor?” asked Lauren with a giggle.

“Mikey needs MAJOR anger management,” said Frank.

“Where’s Kaitlin?” asked Marissa.

“Home,” mumbled Mikey.

“Another fight?” asked Marissa.

“Sort of, we made up, but I don’t know,” sighed Mikey.

“You should go to her house! With like flowers or something,” said Lauren.

He gave her a look, but all the girls insisted it was very romantic. After 10 minutes of Marissa and Lauren going on and on about how sweet it was Mikey finally agreed and said bye to everyone. He grabbed his coat and got into his car. He drove down the block, but the he pulled out his cell phone. He scrolled through his contacts. He hit send, and the phone rang. A woman answered.

“Hey Jenna. You busy tonight?” asked Mikey with a grin.