I'm Not Saying That I'm Not Breaking Some Hearts Tonight

Take These Chances To Turn It Around

Kaitlin got up and walked into the house. Ray and Sammy, Lauren and Frank, and Bob and Marissa were all sitting on the couch. They all looked so happy. Kaitlin wondered why it was so easy for them and so hard for her. She hung her jacket in the closest and walked over.

“Hey,” They all said in unison. She had a weird feeling in her stomach, like she was invading their happiness.

“Mikey home?” she asked.

“Yeah, he’s upstairs, I think he just got out of the shower,” said Lauren.

“Alright, thanks,” she said, as she slowly walked to Mikey’s room.

She reached his room and his door was closed. She took a deep breath and knocked on his door.

“Come in,” mumbled Mikey. His hair was wet and he was in a white t-shirt and boxers. He was spinning in his computer chair while fumbling with a rubix cube.
He stopped spinning and sat up.

“Hiya,” He said quietly.

“Hey,” she said, standing in his doorway awkwardly.

“You can take off your shoes, stranger,” He said with a smile.

She smiled back and kicked off her shoes and closed her door. She just stood there not knowing what to do. He placed the rubix cube on his desk and stood up; he took her hand, gently kissing her on the check. Mikey sat on the bed and patted the space next to him. She smiled and sat next to him. Mikey let out a huge sigh and Kaitlin bit her lip.

“Why is this so hard?” she asked quietly.

“Hell if I know.”

“It shouldn’t have to be.”

“I know,” He sighed as he placed his head on her shoulder.

She stroked his hand and they just sat there.

“I don’t know what to do anymore,” she said her voice breaking.

“Well, you’re one step a head of me. I never knew what to do,” he said.

She smiled and so did he. They sat there for a while, in silence. She yawned and rubbed her eye.

“Tired?” asked Mikey.

Kaitlin nodded. He got up and rummaged through his dresser until he found one of his smaller pajama shirts. He gave the shirt to her and kissed her passionately.

“Don’t leave me alone,” he whispered into her ear.

He lied on the edge of his bed, motioning for her to lie next to him. She changed into his t-shirt and crawled into bed, snuggling up next to him. They laid together and watched TV for a few hours until they both drifted off to sleep.

****************************************************************************************************

Gerard entered the house as everyone was putting on their jackets and shoes.
“You all leaving?” he asked.

“Yeah, You guys are too depressing,” said Frank with a smile.

“You all are too happy,” said Gerard.

“That’s not the reason we’re leaving,” said Marissa.

“Ha, I know.”

“It’s late,” said Ray.

”We’re ALWAYS here,” said Sammy.

”Yeah, dude. Aren’t you sick of us?” asked Bob.

”I am, get the fuck out,” he said laughing.

He knew they were trying to make him feel better, but he didn’t think anything they could say would. They said their goodbyes and left. Gerard looked around the house and found a deck of cards. He started to play solitaire but got bored quickly. He laid against his bedroom door and flicked the cards across his room, trying to throw them into an empty suitcase. He did this for several hours, thinking about everything. Around 1 in the morning, Gerard was ready to go to sleep but the TV from Mikey’s room was still on. He quietly walked into his room to see Mikey and Kaitlin fast asleep, spooning. He bit his lip. Why did seeing them together make him slightly uneasy? ‘You’re just tired and upset about Emma.’ He thought. He walked over to the television and turned it off. He then went into his room and laid down. Only when it was 4 am did he finally fall asleep.