I'm Not Saying That I'm Not Breaking Some Hearts Tonight

If I Kiss You Where Its Sore Will You Feel Better?

Gerard had just gotten out of the shower and was pulling on a pair of boxers when he heard the front door open. Mikey couldn’t be home already. Mikey confessed everything about Jenna to him, only because Gerard happened to come across a text message, but he knew none the less.

“Mikey?” called Kaitlin.

“Hold on one second,” yelled Gerard, as he pulled on jeans and grabbed his towel. He walked town the stairs, drying his hair. She smiled and said hello.

“Mikey is on a date.” Gerard stalled for time. Kaitlin looked confused, Gerard smiled. “Kidding, well sorta. He went to see a movie with Frank.” Kaitlin smiled.

“Should I be worried that someone’s stealing my boyfriend?” It took all of Gerard self control not to answer. So there they were Gerard half naked, dripping wet and Kaitlin all alone again. She bit her lip and sighed, before she could say anything Gerard spoke.

“I was just going to order Chinese food, so if you have nothing to do you could stick around if you want to.” She smiled; she said sure and walked to the closet, hanging up her jacket.

About two hours later, they were still picking at their Chinese food, engrossed in conversation.

Gerard and Kaitlin were laughing.

“Don’t get me wrong, I like Oprah but I’m just saying if I were her—”

“You’d be really obnoxious,” said Gerard, cutting her off.

“Well, yes, but I would also be rich and powerful. I know she does great stuff, hurray for her, but if I were her everyday I’d do something good.” Gerard couldn’t help but laugh. “Don’t laugh! I’m serious. Like Monday I’d save the whales. Tuesday…Tuesday would be for orphans.” Gerard cracked up, and she couldn’t help it, Kaitlin started laughing. The front door had open, but neither of them had noticed, Mikey walked in.

“What’s going on?” he asked. They were still laughing and Mikey took a seat. “What are we talking about?”

“Whales,” replied Gerard.

“Orphans,” answered Kaitlin. Both of them laughed harder. Mikey rolled his eyes and waited for them to stop laughing.

“How was the movie?” asked Kaitlin, Gerard quickly intervened.

“Did Frank like it?” he asked, giving him a slight look.

“Yeah, movie was good.” Mikey wrapped his arm around Kaitlin’s waist; Mikey kissed Kaitlin like he hadn’t seen her in years. Gerard purposely dropped some food on the floor so he could clean it up and make himself busy.

“Wanna come over?” asked Kaitlin in a whisper, but the house was quite and Gerard could hear. He heard the sound of two lips touching.

“You’ll be alright alone, Gee?” asked Mikey. Gerard didn’t respond.

“Thanks for dinner,” said Kaitlin, with a smile as she hopped off the kitchen chair. The two of them left and Gerard was alone. Gerard looked around, he was all alone. One second he was having one of the nicest dinners he had in a long time and then the next he was alone. Chinese food was sprawled across the kitchen table, but he didn’t feel like cleaning it up. He got the phone, and dialed Emma’s number.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Em. It’s me.”

“Gerard, Hi.”

“Want to do something tonight?”
There was a pause.

“Sure.”

“Okay, great. Can I come over or something?” Gerard heard rustling in the background.

“Sounds good.” Gerard didn’t think she’d say yes, but he was glad she did.

“I’ll be right over.”

****************************************************************************************************

Emma had also eaten dinner, so they decided to watch a movie. Gerard looked at her, and he felt sad. What had changed? He remembered when they first started dating, they’d talk for hours about anything and everything, and sometimes they’d talk about nothing. He’d text her when she was at work, just to say he missed her or that he was thinking of her. Emma would call him at 3 in the morning because she couldn’t fall sleep; Gerard would talk to her until she fell asleep. The movie was so boring and about half an hour later Gerard couldn’t take it anymore. He put his arm around her, and she snuggled up against him.

“I missed you,” he said. She smiled. Gerard kissed her. She broke the kiss, but he kissed her again.

“Gerard, the movie,” she said.

“The movie is kind of boring.”

“Yeah,” Emma said, “Want to watch something else?”

“I don’t want to watch anything,” he said, as he started to kiss her again. Emma pushed him off and stood up.

“What?” he said “We haven’t had sex in forever.” They had sex practically every day when they first started dating, not because they both couldn’t keep it in their pants, but because they were so in love…or at least Gerard thought they were. He was so happy in the beginning.

“I know,” she said, sounding annoyed, “Maybe you should just leave.” Gerard stood up.

“What did I do?” He demanded, “You’re my girlfriend.”

“I know, it’s just…I think you should leave.”

Whatever,” said Gerard, as he grabbed his coat, put on his shoes and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?