Familiar Breath of My Old Lies

Chapter Fourteen

Brook and I are now back at school. Her and Austin are still together. Brian and I are too. It's hard though because we're on opposite ends of the country. We'll make it work though.

"Delilah, come on. We have to get to class," Brook said shaking me out of my thoughts.

"I'm coming," I replied.

"So how are you and Brian?" She asked.

"We're great. How are you and my brother?"

"Good.." She trailed off and started looking at her shoes.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Um….well, you remember when we disappeared for a long time the night before we left?"

That was about three weeks ago.

"Yeah….please don't tell you guys screwed each other…"

"Um…well….yeah…"

I slapped my hand to my forehead, putting two and two together.

"Are you prego?" I asked not wanting to know the answer.

"Maybe. I'm not sure."

"Brook, you guys haven't even been dating that long and you've already fucked my brother? Do you know how bad that sounds? Not to mention that you know…"

"I know I know. I'm such a skank," She said and laughed.

I rolled my eyes, "You know if you are…..you lose your spot on the team and there goes your scholarship."

"Shit!" She exclaimed, "I totally forgot about that."

"Yeah, I didn't think you thought it all the way through."

"Not helping Delilah."

"Sorry."

We were silent the rest of the way to class.

I don't know what she's going to do if she is….I mean, that will screw up everything she's worked so hard for…