Familiar Breath of My Old Lies

Chapter Twenty-One

“I haven’t been bowling in forever,” I said as we pulled up to Fountain Bowl.

“I haven’t either. We usually don’t have time to do stuff like this anymore,” Brian replied.

We went inside, got our shoes, and then found our group. On one team, it was me, Clarissa, Val, Gena, and Johnny. On the other team it was Jimmy, Brian, Matt, Zacky, and Lacey. Apparently the guys wanted Lacey on their team because she was good and Johnny was on our team because he was good. Randomness, I tell you.

“Delilah, you’re up first,” Val said.

I laughed and picked up an 8-pound ball. It was a pretty purple color. I moved my arm backwards and slid ball against the ground. It kept rolling until it knocked down three pins.

“Not bad,” I said.

The guys were cheering when Brian got three strikes in a row. Lacey had pretty much done the same thing, so they were at least fifty points ahead of us.

“Ugh! Damn it!” I exclaimed as I rolled yet another gutter ball.

Matt laughed at me.

“Not funny Matt,” I said and pouted.

Val sighed as she only knocked down two pins.

“Girls and Johnny, I think we suck at bowling,” Val stated.

I laughed, “Go figure. Johnny, I thought you were suppose to be good at bowling?”

“Eh, sometimes,” he replied.

I rolled my eyes.

We ended up loosing 250 to 100. It was pretty bad. After we got done bowling all of us split and went different places. Val, Matt, Brian and I ended up going to Subway.

We walked in the door and there was two people working that night. I thought the girl that was taking our orders was about to have a heart attack.

“What do you want Lilah?” Brian asked.

I bit my lip, “Um, I want a 6-inch wheat Turkey and pepperoni.”
“The pepperoni will be extra,” The girl said. I think her name tag said Brittany.

“That’s fine,” I replied.

“What else will you need?” She asked.

“A footlong Italian Herb and Cheese Philly cheesesteak,” Brian said.

After Brittany was done making our food, the guy, Caleb, rang up our order and we went to the table Matt and Val were sitting at.

“Poor girl. I know if two-fifths of my favorite band had walked into our Subway, I would’ve died,” I said.

“You worked at Subway?” Brian asked opening his sandwich wrapper.

“Mhmm, I worked there for a year and a half. Then I worked at one when I first started college.”

Matt laughed, “I could just see you in that uniform and hat.”

“Haha, eat your food,” I said and started eating mine.

“How could you eat all of that?” I asked Brian as we left the store after Matt and Bri gave that girl their autographs.

“What can say, I’m a guy..” Brian trailed off.

I just laughed and rolled my eyes at him.

We were standing at the cars when I heard Val gasp.

“Holy shit! Brian, what did you do to her neck?”

I blushed and Brian laughed.

“Well, Shads kind of interrupted us earlier when he called about bowling….so yeah,” I replied.

“He got you bad.”

“Yeah, I got them everywhere,” I replied rolling my eyes.

Val laughed, “Well, we’re gonna get going. We’ll see you guys later.”

I hugged her and Matt and we went our separate ways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, I think if someone famous did show up at the one that I work at, I would die...

But I am in BFE...so no one famous would come here..
Although, I did miss the Pink Spiders at The Venue on Sunday..

-sad face-