Familiar Breath of My Old Lies

Chapter Twenty-Four

I sat at the kitchen table, not doing anything. Then Brooke called me back.

“What?”

“Lilah, please don’t be mad at me.”

“I can’t help it. You’re pregnant…..my best friend is pregnant with my brother’s baby…..how fucked up is that?”

She was silent and I could hear her sniffle.

I sighed, “Brooke, I’m sorry. I’m just shocked…”

“I know, so were we….I‘m about two months along.”

“I’ll be here for you though. You can still count on me.”

“Thanks, we haven’t told my parents yet….or ya’lls parents…”

“Good luck with telling ours. They will probably bitch you out….especially since you’re my best friend. I can pretty much bet that they will blame it all on me.”

“Well, it’s not your fault that Austin and I hooked up…”

“I know. Brooke, I’m gonna go. Call me as soon as you tell the people that you need to tell.”

“Okay, I will. Bye.”

I clicked the end button on my phone and then closed it.

Brian walked into the kitchen, “What’s wrong sweets?”

“Brooke is pregnant…”

His eyes got wide in shock, “Really?”

“Mhmm, apparently, her and Austin saw each other about two months ago…and she didn’t tell me about it.”

“Are you mad at her?”

“Kind of, I mean, it was bound to happen. They weren’t taking any precautions.”

He just nodded his head in understanding.

We walked back into the living room and there sat Clarissa and Michelle, again.

I rolled my eyes, “What is she doing here?”

“Rissa invited her,” Jimmy said.

“Whatever. I’m not in a mood to argue.”

“What’s wrong?” Val asked.

“Well, I’m going to be an aunt.”

Val raised an eyebrow, “Brooke is pregnant?”

“Yep…”

“Wow…”

Clarissa and Michelle laughed.

“What’s so funny?” I asked.

“Nothing at all. I just think that you’re getting mad over something stupid. I mean, you and Brian are having sex right? So its not like you should be pissed about Brooke and your brother having a baby,” Clarissa replied.

I sat fuming, “You have no fucking idea what you’re talking about. Jimmy, you better make your girlfriend shut up before I kick her ass again.”

Then I went upstairs to Brian’s room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can I have some feedback please?
Messages/Comments?
Suggestions?