Familiar Breath of My Old Lies

Chapter Twenty-Eight

“Delilah, we need food,” Kelsey said shutting the kitchen cabinets closed.

“Okay, I’ll run to the store. What all do you want?”

“Poptarts, Kix, peanut butter, eggs, milk….” She trailed off.

“Okay,” I replied slipping on my shoes and grabbing my bag. I got my keys and walked down to my car. As soon as I turned it on, The Academy Is… blared out of my speakers. I sang along to William Beckett’s voice as I drove to Wal-Mart.

I grabbed a buggy as I walked in and went straight for what I needed. I hated being in there longer then I need to be, mainly because an ex-boyfriend works there. I looked in the buggy to make sure I had what I needed then I made my way over to the books and magazines. I found a Metal Edge magazine and Avenged Sevenfold was on the cover. I smirked and threw it into the buggy then went to the check out line.

“So you like Avenged Sevenfold?” The cashier girl asked. Her name was Mandy.

“Mhmm. They’re amazing. Do you?” I asked.

“Um, well, if you can keep a secret, I’m dating Synyster Gates,” She replied.

I tried to hold in my giggles, but I couldn’t.

“Hun, Syn wouldn’t even look at you twice. Mainly because I am his girlfriend and another because you’re just a skank.”

“You are not his girlfriend. I really may not be, but you definitely aren’t.”

“Yeah, okay. Whatever. I’m not going to argue with a stupid teenie fan. My name is Delilah Winkler. Go look it up.” I handed the money that I owed her then she gave me my change while glaring daggers at me.

Bitch.

I got back to my car and put all the stuff in then took the buggy back to the cart drop off thing. I listened to The Academy Is… all the way home too.

I made Kelsey come out and help me get the groceries. It didn’t take too long to get everything put up. Then we sat down on the couch and started looking through my magazine.

“I miss him,” I said.

“I know you do. I miss Cody like crazy,” Kelsey replied.

“You should call him,” Kelsey said.

“I know, but I don’t know if he’s awake….”

“Text him then, duh….”

I laughed and pulled out my phone to text Brian.

Hey, I miss you.

It took a few minutes for me to get a reply.

I miss you, too. More then you know.

School sucks

Awe poor baby. I’m gonna get some sleep. Ily.

Okay. Ily2

“He’s going to sleep.”

“At least you talked to him for a minute…”

I shrugged, “I think I’ll take a nap. Wake me up about an hour before we have to leave.”

She nodded her head and I headed to my room.