Familiar Breath of My Old Lies

Chapter Fourty

Its been two years since my suicide attempt. Things have changed a lot in our lives. The guys have gotten even bigger then they were two years ago. So much, that they’ve been touring non stop for the past year. Its been okay though since I can go with them, but they’re taking a break for awhile. See, Val and Matt got married and are expecting a baby in less than a month.

Zacky and Gena have a four month old little girl named Alexis. Johnny and Lacey don’t have kids yet, but they are working on it. Jimmy started dating this girl I knew from Georgia. Her name is Jenni. They’re really cute together.

Austin and Brooklyn are still together. They got married not to long ago and are expecting another baby, so not only am I going to be an aunt again, but Godmother to that baby too. Kelsey and Cody are engaged. They haven’t set a date yet, but I’m sure it will be soon.

As for Brian and I, well, he proposed to me a little while after I moved in with him. It was so amazing. He took me out to dinner and then we walked along the beach at sunset. That’s where he proposed. He knew that it was a fantasy of mine to be proposed to on the beach. He told me he asked my uncle for permission and of course he said yes. My mom and dad weren’t invited to the wedding. My uncle walked me down the aisle. Our wedding was amazing. We had it on the beach, of course, and it was just magical.

Val isn’t the only one expecting a baby in less than a month. Her and I are due about a day apart. She’s having a boy and I’m having a girl. Everyone thinks its so cool. When we told the guys we were pregnant, we did it together since we found out together. We thought it was only fitting.

“God, I feel like I’m about to pop,” I whined as we walked into our house. Tour is finally over. Being pregnant and on a bus is hell, let me tell you.

“Well, it won’t be long and everything will be worth it,” Brian replied kissing me.

I nodded in agreement and our kiss was interrupted by the phone ringing.

Brian answered it and his eyes widened before he hung up.

“Val is in labor, we gotta go,” He said.

“Wow, maybe I can have Mahaley soon too.”

“Maybe.”

We got to the hospital and the other guys and girls were in the waiting room.

“We’ve got awhile,” Jimmy said.

“Mkay.”

Five hours passed with nothing happening with Val. I had been having pains, but I was ignoring them because I didn’t think nothing of it. That is until I felt something slide down my leg.

“Oh shit,” I said.

“What?”

“My water just broke.”

Brian’s eyes went wide and they got a nurse to get me into a wheelchair.

“Well, I guess there will be two Avenged babies coming into the world today,” Jimmy joked.

“Call my aunt and uncle. And my brother and Kelsey,” I managed to get out before they wheeled me into a room.

It was to late for them to give me an epidural. Apparently, I had been in labor for the past four hours. Mahaley was pretty much ready to come out.

“Delilah, when I tell you to push, I need you to push,” The midwife said. Her name was Blair, I think. I was in to much pain to care.

“Push.”

So I did and I think I broke Brian’s hand at the same time. He was okay with it.

“Brian, I swear to God! You are never get near me again!” I yelled as I pushed again.

He just gave me a look and ignored me. Of course, I wasn’t serious, but I mean, he got me pregnant. He should try doing this. Guys wouldn’t be able to handle it.

I gave one last push and I heard her cry.

“Welcome to the world little girl,” Blair said. Mahaley was wrapped in a pink blanket and handed to me.

“Wow, Brian, she’s beautiful.”

Brian was smiling, “She is. She looks like you.”

“Yeah, but she has your eyes and your nose.”

He held her for a minute and then they took her to get cleaned up.

“You did great, baby, except for when you were trying to break my hand.”

I laughed, “I’m sorry. I love you.”

“I love you too. I’m gonna go tell everyone.”

I nodded and he walked out of the room.

It took him about ten minutes and then he walked back in the room.

“Guess what?”

I raised an eyebrow, “What?”

“Mahaley is four minutes old then Parker James Sanders.”

“Wow, that is so crazy.”

“I know right.”

Three days later, all of us got to go home. We had a little gathering at our house. Mahaley Victoria Haner and Parker James Sanders held all the attention. No one wanted to let them go, but I finally got Mahaley back and Val got Parker back.

“They’re so adorable,” I said.

“I know, I hope they grow up and become best friends.”

“I do too.”

Then Brooke stole her out of my arms again. She can’t get over how cute she is.

I would never trade any of this for anything. Brian and I are stronger then ever. I know we will always be together and Mahaley won’t be an only child. There’s going to be at least three more, according to Brian anyway. I wouldn’t mind though. All of the kids will be loved, you can count on that. I mean there’s so many of us….

I’m glad Jimmy and I didn’t work out, as much as I liked him. Brian is my everything…and now so is Mahaley.

Sometimes life seems too quiet
Into paralyzing silence
Like the moonless dark
Meant to make me strong

Familiar breath of my old lies
Changed the color in my eyes
Soon he will perforate the fabric of the peaceful by and by

Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you
And hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole
As you flew right through me

Left alone with only reflections of the memory
To face the ugly girl
That's smothering me
Sitting closer than my pain
He knew each tear before it came
Soon he will perforate the fabric of the peaceful by and by

Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you
And hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole
As you flew right through me

And we kiss each other one more time
And sing this lie that's halfway mine
The sword is slicing through the question
So I won't be fooled by his angel light

Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you
And hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole
As you flew right through me
And up into the stars

Joy will come
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorrow by Flyleaf.

Wow, I'm really sad that this story is over.
Thank you for reading and commenting it.
You guys are amazing.

:]