Familiar Breath of My Old Lies

Chapter Five

The next few days went by and I ended up getting a call from Zacky. He was wanting to know if we wanted to party with them this weekend, but I told him we couldn't. We have a game Friday and then a competition on Saturday. He said that he wanted to come see us cheer and that he'd probably bring Jimmy with him.

"Guess what chickadee," I said to Brooke.

"What?"

"Zacky and Jimmy are going to come and see us cheer on Friday."

"I thought they were already gone?" She asked confused.

"I did too, but Zacky told me that they were going to be here until next week because Hinder is joining them on the last leg of the tour. I forgot about Austin and Cody mentioning that a couple of days ago. Their manager called and told them."

"Oh well, that's cool. So, uh, are you and Cody, ya know?" She asked.

I raised an eyebrow, "What are you talking about?"

"Oh you know what I'm talking about. The other night you two were all cuddled up to each other."

I rolled my eyes, "Nothing is going between us. Cody and I have always acted that way around each other."

"Yeah, whatever you say," She smirked knowingly.

Right at that moment, the guys barged into our dorm room.

"Damn, do you guys not know how to knock?" I asked playfully.

"Nope," Cody replied as he plopped down onto my lap making me make an 'oof' sound.

"God Coderz," I said, "Get off of me."

He pouted, "Fine."

Brooke gave me a look and I shrugged it off. She was sitting on my brother's lap and it was kind of weirding me out.

"Cody, can we go for a walk? Those two are creeping me out," I asked. He nodded and followed me out of the dorms.

"So......" I trailed off.

"Soooo....." Cody mocked me intertwine our fingers. I looked down at our hands and then gave him a confused looked.

"Uh, Delilah, there is something I need to talk to you about," Cody said as we sat down on one of the benches outside the dorms.

"Okay."

"I..uhI like you.a lot and if your brother knew, he'd probably kill me, but still.."

"Wow..I don't know what to say."

Cody leaned in and kissed me. I kissed him back and honestly, I kind of liked it. I had never thought of him that way though and it was weird.

I pulled away from him and shook my head, "Cody, I can't do this. You're one of my best friends, not to mention my brother's band mate/best friend. I'm sorry."

I got up and walked away. I walked until I was off campus and then I called of all people, Brian.

"Hey, Brian? Its Delilah, can you possibly come and get me? I'm still on the UGA Campus." I asked.

"Uh, yeah, sure." He replied hesitantly.

I gave him directions and he was here about ten minutes later.

"Thanks, I owe you big time," I said as I got into the car.

"Pssh, yeah."

"Look, I know you like being an asshole and everything to me even though we just met, but could you please just be nice for once?"

He was silent after that until he asked the dreaded question, "What happened?"

"Cody likes me......and he kissed me."

"Wow, I didn't see that one coming."

"Me either."

"Are you okay?"

I shrugged, "I will be. It's just weird."

"Yeah, I know."

We ended up going to the hotel they were staying at and I hung out with everyone the whole night.