Familiar Breath of My Old Lies

Chapter Six

When I woke up the next morning, I was sprawled over Jimmy and Brian. My phone was lying on the coffee table and I picked it up. I had ten missed calls from pretty much everyone. I looked at the time.

"SHIT!!" I exclaimed. That little outburst woke Jimmy and Brian up.

"What's wrong?" Brian asked.

"I missed my morning classes."

"I'm sorry. I probably should have drove you back to the dorms last night," Brian apologized.

"Eh," I shrugged, "It's alright. I really didn't want to chance seeing Cody."

"What happened anyway?" Jimmy asked.

"Cody kissed me......and told me he liked me...."

"And you only like him as a friend, right?" He asked. I nodded my head yes.

"Geeze, drama."

I laughed, "Yeah, it follows me."

Jimmy wiped the sleep from his eyes, "Do you want me to drive you back?"

"I'd appreciate it."

"Mkay." He slipped on his shoes and I did the same. I grabbed my phone and followed him out to the car.

I texted Brooke and let her know I was on my way back to the dorms.

"I just can't believe you are Austin's sister," Jimmy said.

"Why?"

"I don't know. You two don't look alike at all."

"I know it."

"You're beautiful though."

I blushed, "Thanks."

"You're welcome."

We eventually got back to the dorms and I told Jimmy he could come up with me if he wanted to and he actually agreed.

"So, what happened to you and Leana?" I asked.

Jimmy got quiet.

"Bad subject?"

He just nodded, "I'll tell you later on, okay?"

"Okay," I replied and left it at that.

"Hey Jimmy?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I have a piggyback ride?"

He laughed, "Sure, hop on." He bent down a little so I could climb onto his back.

We talked and cracked jokes all the way to my dorm room. He sat me back on my feet so I could open the door. It was unlocked so I knew Brooke was home.

I walked in and Jimmy followed behind me. Austin was sitting in one of the chairs and he jumped up to hug me.

"Don't ever do that to us again," He demanded.

"Do what?"

"Run off like that," Cody replied. I rolled my eyes.

"I was fine. I was with the Avenged guys."

Jimmy had sat down and there was no where for me to sit, so I sat down on his lap. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me a little closer to him. Cody glared at Jimmy and Jimmy glared back. The whole room was a bit tense.

"So, you and my sister?" Austin asked.

"We're just friends Austin. Don't worry," Jimmy replied.

For some reason, that hurt a bit. I don't even know him. Why should I be hurt by that comment?

]Maybe you like him?

I don't. Shut up.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that hun.

Shut up. I've only known him for like a day.

My conscience shut up after that comment. I hate fighting with my thoughts. Well, that sentence made me sound a bit crazy, but we all do it.