Familiar Breath of My Old Lies

Chapter Eight

Jimmy and I talked for two hours. We made plans to hang out tomorrow morning because I don't have class. I fell asleep right after I got off the phone with him.

I was being woken up the next morning by Brooke poking me.

"I'm awake," I said.

"Jimmy will be here in about ten minutes. Get up."

I did as she said and I got ready. I was in blue sweatpants and a cute tank top. I slipped on my flip flops and waited on him to get here.

I heard a knock on the door and I got up to open it. Jimmy stood in front of me.

"Hi," I said shyly.

"Hi," He replied.

I invited him inside and we sat down on my bed.

"I think I should tell you about Leana now..before you and I get to involved with each other," Jimmy said.

"Okay," I nodded.

"Leana and I were supposed to get married...you probably knew that. Well, I found out that she had cheated on me. I forgave her and that was the end of it...or so I thought. On our wedding day, she leaves me at the alter. The priest had just asked if anyone objected and she said she couldn't marry me..that she was sorry. She walked out with that guy she cheated on me with..." He trailed off.

"Wow, Jimmy, babe, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I've been cheated on too..but my boyfriend cheated on me with a guy. How bad is that? I apparently turn guys gay," I laughed and it made him laugh too.

"That does suck."

"Tell me about it. You weren't the one who had walk in on them." I put my hands over my face.

"Ew," He said and made a weird face.

We ended up talking for a long time and I learned a lot about him. He's seriously one of the sweetest guys I've ever met despite his tough guy attitude. He's actually a big softie.

"Well, I have to get ready for practice again," I said looking at the clock. It was almost four in the afternoon.

"Okay, can I walk with you again?"

"Mhmm."

I went and got changed then Jimmy walked me down to the practice field. He kissed me on the cheek and I watched him walk away. I sighed in contentment.

Later on that night, all of us went out. The group consisted of the Avenged and Hinder boys, plus me and Brooke. Jimmy had his arm wrapped around my waist. No one really cared except for Austin and Cody. Austin was giving him that stay away from my sister glare and Cody was giving him a murderous stare. It was actually quite funny. We were all at CiCi's Pizza. Yum, I love that place.