Things Aren't Always What They Seem

Chapter Four-Girls are Bitches

I decided to get some extra practice in. Kaner always called me insane, and I guess I was. But I was captain for a reason and keeping my game up was all that mattered right now. I was alone in the United Center, so I thought. But it turned out the reason we didn't have practice today was because the ice crew was practicing. I didn't even know they practiced. Who knew it was that hard to pick up ice.

"Make sure you stick your butts out as you do that. Anna! You aren't working in waste management!" I heard some lady yelling. They were even trained to be puck sluts!

I went to go change. Hopefully they'd be almost done. I slowly got into my warmup jersey and pulled up my socks and tied my skates. As I was walking down the hallway to the ice I heard some girls yelling. It wasn't like I heard before.

"Why are you even here!" I heard some girl hiss. Obviously a cat fight was going on. Oh would Kane love to see this or what?

"Would you just leave me alone, why I'm here in none of your business?" This one sounded like Anna.

"Cuz you're nice girl act is creating too much competition!" I stopped walking so I could hear them better. This place was really echoey.

"Are you guys for real right now? I'm not here to sleep with them."

"Well we are, and us girls with the right priorities need to stick together. We don't like outsiders." This was like some creepy chick movie. I didn't know some girls were actually like this. All Anna was, was nice and they were harassing her.

"I have to go now," Anna said strongly.

"Have a drink first."

"No." I hear a bang. What if they were hurting her. I starting running toward the noise.

"Come on Anna, have a drink. Don't be such a pussy." I think I was getting closer. As I was running, as fast as I could, but it was hard in skates, I saw the coach of this puck sluts, she was pretending not to hear them. I stopped short.

"Hey you!" She looked up startled. "I know you hear what's going on, I'll make sure you're fired," I spat. I took off again. I could hear her running after me. I turned and corner to find all the girls crowded around Anna. Another girl was sitting on top of her holding her nose while pouring beer on her face. I didn't think twice, I tackled the girl on Anna.

"Girls?! What is going on?" The coach said with fake surprise. I got to my feet and helped Anna up.

"You bitches! You horrible disgrace to humans everywhere!" I shouted. Everyone was quiet. "Mark my words all of you will be fired by tomorrow. Anna is a nice girl and you harassed her because she has standards and morals and all you guys are, are sluts. Even us hockey players have standards. All you guys will be is one night stands, stress relievers, like a dirty cigarette. But Anna is an angle and will make us see past our wrong ways. Anna is someone we will marry, and we won't even remember your names.

I walked Anna to the bathroom to let her wash up. When she was done she fell into my arms and started crying.

"Shhhh Anna it's okay," I said softly as I stoked her hair.

"They've been harassing me since day one. I didn't know people could be so cruel."

"I didn't either..." I faded off. "Come on." She didn't even ask where she was going. "Let me just change." I changed faster than I had ever changed before. I didn't know what she liked, but I decided to go out on a limb. We got into my car and I drove her to an arcade. She looked at me when we got here. I thought she might think I was stupid. Maybe I should have thought this out more. But then she burst out laughing.

"Bet I can kill more zombies than you!" She shouted and we ran inside. She ended up kicking my butt and the zombie game, but I had her in pin-ball. "You may be good at hockey, but I bet I can beat you in basketball." We went over to the basketball game. I started beating her by a couple points. All of sudden she pushed me.

"No fair!" I shouted, so I pushed her back. She ended up beating me. "You cheated! Rematch!" This time I waved my hand in front of her face while I sunk some one handed shots. "And that's a win for Tazer!"

I had such I good time with her. I kept thinking about how much I'd rather be with her than another puck slut, more than any other girl. And she was more beautiful than any of them, and she didn't even where make up.

"Shit! I have to go," she mood suddenly changed.

"What? Why?" I was having such a good time.

"Do you think you could drive me home?"

"Of course." I keep asked why she had to be home.

"Please Mr. Toews, this day has been rough enough."

"Mr. Toews, you're cute, call me Johnny."

"Thank you so much for today Johnny." I hadn't gotten a practice in today, but that was okay because this seemed to matter more
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I took so long to upload. I had a busy weekend. This week looks pretty clear to me. Hopefully it stays that wayl

HAWKS LEAD THE NHL