Status: On hiatus

It's You, I Suppose

Me

I'm just going to come right out and say this. My life as Matt Tucker sucks.

But I'm good at telling stories.

And if you would like to hear a story about an ugly duckling turning into the beautiful swan, read on. I'll tell you about a girl who was able to totally transform, catching me completely off guard.

I'm not sure if she had been born awkward and unattractive, but thats the way I found her freshman year. She had a slight lisp when she spoke and she still hadn't lost all of her baby fat. Her honey colored hair was always in a frizzy disarray and she had a tooth that stuck out on the top left. 

But despite all of these flaws there was something alluring about her. Her eyes were shade of blue that is rarely seen and her smile could light up an entire room. And she was happy all the time.

I met her right before the start of her transformation, before she shed the metaphorical skin that she felt had held her back from being the girl she wanted to be. I have never seen someone go at self improvement with such determination, such fervor, as she had.

To combat her weight she joined cross county, one season thinning her out and calling attention to her curves. She gelled her hair to tame it, and her clothes started to reflect the fact that she spent hours pouring over 'Seventeen' and 'Girls Life Magazine'. She was becoming who she had always known she was on the inside.

By the time junior year had come, she was the confident and gorgeous girl that she had planned on being all along. I was one of the very few who had witnessed the before and after, her change almost as magical as a fairy tale.

Although, if she had ever asked me, I would have told her she had been perfect the way she was, the perfect ugly duckling.

Seeing how everything turned out though, Ella, I'm glad you're the beautiful swan. I only wish you could be mine.