I'm not okay I promise

Audition blues

“Ok make sure you remember to change the cords to G, G, E on the first song” Gerard said to Callie, Frank and Ray who were on guitar. “Are you ready to do this Cal?”

“Jesus Christ I’m so nervous!” She said

“You’ll do fine” Mikey said.

“NEXT!” A voice called from the stage. They walked in

“And you are?”

“My Chemical Romance” Gerard said, “We have two songs.”

“Sleep and Cancer” Callie said. “Gerard and I will be lead vocals, Ray and Frank on guitar, Mikey on bass and Bob on drums” Callie’s voice seemed shaky.

“1,2,3” Gerard begun. The music for Sleep began. Gerard did the speaking part at the beginning.

“Some say, now suffer all the children and walk away a savoir, or a madman and polluted from gutter institutions. Don’t you breathe for me; Undeserving of your sympathy, Cause there ain’t no way that I’m sorry for what I did. And through it all. How could you cry for me? Cause I don’t feel bad about it. So shut your eyes, Kiss me goodbye. And sleep. Just sleep….”

The first song went well. The judge or whatever he was seemed impressed with them. “Oh god!” Callie thought “This is the song that’ll not go down well” She was going to break down she could tell.

“The next song is called Cancer” Gerard said. Callie placed her guitar down, as she didn’t need it for this song. She grabbed the microphone and the music begun…. After a few minuets the song ended. Everyone looked at the judge with a sigh of relief and a smile.

“Thank you.” He said. They’re smiles faded, they didn’t get any words of encouragement or a “very nice” They were pissed off. The slowly walked out as they heard the man shout next and four bizarrely dressed teenagers walked in.

“So how do you think we did?” Ray asked, “Do you think we’ll get the record deal?”

“Nah.” Gerard said, “He didn’t sound very encouraging things to us did he!” He said angrily as they sat down at a table in a café.

“Ah well we tried.” Frank said. Callie stared out the window.

“I really hope we get it” She thought, “It’s the next best thing to playing with my Dad. I wish he was here.” She sighed.

“When will we find out?” She randomly asked during a completely different conversation

“Erm in about three or four months time.” Frank said. Callie nodded.

“You know guys I think I’m just gunna head back to Gerard’s house. I’m not that hungry” She stood up to walk out.

“I’ll come with you” Gerard said

“No! Gerard! I wont get lost or anything. I might take a detour. See you later.” She kissed him on the cheek and walked out.

Walking slowly and steadily down the road. The sky was blue and the sun was about to set. All the more reason for Callie to feel happy, but she didn’t. Her parent’s dead. She tries to forget about it but she couldn’t. She wanted them back, so bad. She walked up to the park and sat on a swing. Taking hold of the chains and pushing off. The wind was warm it blew her hair back.

Callie started to hum a song she had written a few days ago. One of her best; she smiled. Callie looked around her. It was quiet. Being in America was better than she had thought. Before she had met the guys she was miserable. She had a good life but she would trade it for her parents. Callie started to slow down then got a little jolt as if someone pushed her. She looked around and saw Gerard stood there smiling.

“Hey.” She said to him

“Hi” He continued to push her. “Are you ok?” He asked

“Erm… yeah I think so.” She said. She dragged her feet on the floor wanting to stop. He stopped pushing. He sat on a swing next to her.

“I love you, you know Callie.” Gerard said

“I know. I love you too.” Gerard leaned in to kiss her. She stood up. “Gerard?” She said

“Yeah?”

“Will you promise me something? Callie looked at him. He had stood up. He nodded “Don”t change,” Callie said sweetly “Please, don”t leave me” Gerard looked at her.

“I wont. I love you more than anything.” He gave her a hug and kissed her. He took her hand and they started to dance.

“Do you know what the last thing my dad said to me?” Callie said

“What?” Gerard asked

“I love you Cal, don”t give up. I”ll be with you” She said. He held her tightly. “I loved him. My mother stopped caring after he died. I wished she”d cared enough…” Callie”s breathing was shallow.

“I”ll be here for you Cal. Don”t worry, I”m not going anywhere.”