I'm not okay I promise

Battel Of the Bands continued

“Shall we go and meet the competition?” suggested Frank.

“Yeah. I can’t wait to see Louisa’s face!” Mikey said.

They walked out and walked back along the hall and went to the door that said Blind Bullet. Gerard knocked. A skinny kid answered. He was a cross between an Emo kid and an indie lover.

“Hey, we’re My Chemical Romance” Gerard said “Can we come in?”

“Sure. We’re Revolution” He said as they walked in. There were three other kids in the room. They looked about fourteen. “There’s Tim, Matt, Daniel, and I’m Arron” He said

“Hey, I’m Gerard that’s, Frank, Ray, Bob, Callie and Mikey” Gerard said. “Sow old are you guys?”

“Matt is the youngest at thirteen and I’m fifteen in June” Daniel said “How about you guys?”

“Them lot are all sixteen nearly seventeen. I’m fifteen but I’m in their grade cause my mom insisted that I start with Gerard” Mikey said. They nodded.

“Have you met Tainted Ruby? They’re real bitches” Tim said

“Yeah. We know them” Callie said “We hate them too”

“A-are you British?” Daniel asked

“Yes.” Callie replied.

“Good look you guys!” Ray said. “We’re gunna go” they nodded

“See ya. Good look too!” Arron said. They walked out.

“They seemed nice enough” Callie said. As they were walking along the hall back to their dressing room Louisa walked out of hers

“Oh! Here to give us support are you?” She said “we were just going to see the third band and tell them they have no chance. My daddy one of the judges”

“Well if you go to their dressing room I think you’ll get a surprise” Frank said

“What do you mean?” She said

“Go look” Callie said. Louisa walked up to it with her two minions. “NO! It must be a mistake!” She screamed

“Nope. 100% correct” Gerard said “Well we don’t wish you luck, and let the battle commence!” She scoffed and turned on her heal and walked off.

They smiled and walked into their dressing room.

“HA! Did you see that?” Callie said “Did you see the look on her face?” She yelled happily. Then, a voice from a loud speaker came on.

“Would the first band "Revolition" please come to the stage. The other two bands remain quiet please” they sat on the four seats there were.

Bob sat on the dressing table and Callie sat on the same chair as Gerard. They listened to Blind Bullet’s songs through the loud speaker. Their songs were called Nights and Warriors and the second was Misbehavior. They were quite good but still, they were a cross between indie and rock. The lead singer was Daniel (they thought.)

“Would the second band "Tainted Ruby please come to the stage. Would the other two bands remain quiet?” Said the person on the loud speaker. They sighed.

“I hope she falls and isn’t able to sing.” Frank said coldly.

“Our first song is called we’re better.” Louisa said.

They were very popy. It was really bad. The second song was called popular. You could really tell where they got their inspiration. The guitars were all out of tune. That made Callie, Ray and Frank want to tune their guitars. The drums were all off beat. It was so very bad it made them laugh.

“Would the third band "My Chemical Romance" please come to the stage. Would the other two bands remain quiet” they all looked at each other.

They stood up and walked along the hall but instead of turning right that would take them to the exit they walked left that took them to the stage. They were so nervous. Frank, Ray and Callie got out their plectrums and put their guitars over their shoulders. They took a deep breath and went onto the stage. Callie’s stomach flipped.

“Hi. We’re My Chemical Romance and we are going to sing two songs.” Gerard said nervously. “Demolition Lovers and I’m not Okay” they all got into place.

“Ok you may start,” said a judge. Gerard nodded.

“One, two, three” bob counted in. Callie started playing. Her fingers felt stiff yet she was playing.

“Hand in mine, into your icy blues and then I’d say to you we could take to the highway. With this trunk of ammunition too I’d end my days with you in a hail of bullets. I’m trying; I’m trying to let you know just how much you mean to me. And after all the things we put each other through and I would drive on to the end with you. A liquor store or two keeps the gas tank full and I feel like there’s nothing left to do, But prove myself to you and we’ll keep it running but this time, I mean it
I’ll let you know just how much you mean to me. As snow falls on desert sky until the end of everything. I’m trying; I’m trying to let you know how much you mean
as days fade, and nights grow and we go cold. Until the end, until this pool of blood
until this, I mean this; I mean this until the end of... I’m trying; I’m trying to let you know how much you mean. As days fade, and nights grow and we go cold but this time, we’ll show them. We’ll show them all how much we mean as snow falls on desert sky until the end of every... All we are, all we are, Is bullets I mean this as lead rains, will pass on through our phantoms. Forever, forever like scarecrows that fuel this flame we’re burning. Forever, and ever know how much I want to show you you’re the only one like a bed of roses there’s a dozen reasons in this gun and as we’re falling down, and in this pool of blood and as we’re touching hands, and as we’re falling down and in this pool of blood, and as we’re falling down. I’ll see your eyes, and in this pool of blood, I’ll meet your eyes, I mean this forever”


Gerard and Callie finished. Everyone sighed a thank-god-over-over kind of impression.

“This next song is called I’m Not Okay” Gerard said the judge nodded and put his elbows on the table. Gerard nodded. Frank started playing

“One, two, three START!” Callie thought “five, three, seven, five…” Callie was concentrating on the guitar playing “Shit I have to sing soon. It’s now-“

“Well if you wanted honesty, over all you had to say. I never want to let you down or have you go, it’s better off this way. For all the dirty looks, the photographs your boyfriend took, remember when you broke your foot from jumping out the second floor? I’m not okay. I’m not okay. I’m not okay. You wear me out. What will it take to show you that it’s not the life it seems? I’ve told you time and time again you sing the words but don’t know what it means
To be a joke and look, another line without a hook, I held you close as we both shook for the last time take a good hard look! I’m not okay. I’m not okay. I’m not okay. You wear me out,” they sung. “Last bit Cal!” Gerard thought, “Come on you can do it!”
“Forget about the dirty looks. The photographs your boyfriend took you said you read me like a book, but the pages all are torn and frayed. I’m okay. I’m okay! I’m okay, now, but you really need to listen to me because I’m telling you the truth. I mean this I’m okay!”


“Trust Me”

“I’m not okay. I’m not okay. Well, I’m not okay. I’m not o fucking Kay. I’m not okay. I’m not okay!!” they finished that song. Frank looked at her as to say well done! Gerard turned to her and smiled.

“Thank you My Chemical Romance. We will get back to you. It’ll be today so keep by the phone and we’ll tell you our decision,” said a judge who looked like Louisa’s father. He smiled at them and they walked out.

“That was amazing!” Frank said, “I was shit scared but amazing!” They nodded.

“I was behind on the second chorus wasn’t I? On I’m not okay?” Gerard nodded

“But I just listened to Ray’s guitar so it was fine.” He hugged her. She was kicking herself.

“What do we do now?” Mikey asked. They all shrugged.

“Shall we get something to eat? I’m starving” Bob said. They all agreed

CONTINUED ONTO NEXT CHAPTER