I'm not okay I promise

Nervous?

Gerard woke up at five in the morning. He was usually a good sleeper. The last to get up, but today he had things to her nervous about.

Gerard poured himself some coffee and sat at the kitchen table. Thoughts were running through his head.

Today was the day they were all going to the recording studio. In a way, he didn’t want to become famous. He was hoping none of them changed our drifted away. You might be thinking how could they drift away.

The fame might go to their heads. Gerard reassured himself that his friends were very down to earth. That would never happen. He swiveled his coffee around and took a sip. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

“We’re going to make it. We’ll carry on,” he thought. He smiled. His stomach churned. Was he hungry or was he just nervous.

“Is everyone else going to be as nervous as me?” He thought resting his head in his hand. He thought about what they would all be like in the future.

“Nothing is going to change” Gerard thought hopefully, “stop worrying yourself”

He took a gulp of coffee, lent back in his chair and grinned. After all, he had a reason to be happy.

-----------------------------------

Callie lay awake. She stared up at the roof, not really thinking about anything. Her eye felt swollen. She touched it and winced. Her heart was beating violently.

She placed her hand on her chest and started breathing deeply. Callie was really nervous. She closed her eyes and imagined her life without her friends. How sad and lonely she would feel.

Callie gulped and rubbed her eyes. She wasn’t tired. She turned to her side table and checked the time.

“Oh, it’s only six” She thought. She was wide-awake, her dream startled her and she was afraid to go back to sleep in case she had the recurring dream. She thought about her dream. She had, had this dream a few times. The first was while she was in the hospital awaiting the death of her mother.

Callie’s heart ached when she thought about it. Callie sat up and tucked her legs into her chest, put her arms around them and put her head on her knees.

“God, if you’re up there. Help me please. I don’t think I’m strong enough.”

Callie felt a bit silly but she looked around realizing no one could see her. She continued

“Please, don’t let them change. Keep them with me. I need them all. I need Gerard”