Dark Moon Rising

Sparkle.

Derek Hale, TJ thought. “That name sound familiar,” TJ mused out loud. She took a good look at him, and then gasped silently. She’d heard his name from other werewolves. His entire family was killed in house fire. She looked at the charred remains of the house behind him, and looked at him empathetically, knowing that’s all the comfort he would allow. He was much like her in some ways, but vastly different in others.

“Do you remember where you’ve heard it?” AJ asked softly from her position on the ground, poking Stiles in the cheek, amused by his human behaviors. TJ smiled at her sisters antics, and shook her head.

“No, I can’t,” she said, and then looked at Derek again. He was looking at TJ and AJ with a calculating expression. “Penny for your thoughts?” She asked, raising a dark eyebrow. He cocked his head to the side slightly.

“Can you two fight?” He asked gruffly. TJ nodded. “How well?”

“Very well,” TJ answered without hesitation.

“They could help train me,” Scott said suddenly, standing up. TJ smiled, letting a chuckle escape her lips. She opened her mouth to say something, but then took a deep breath, her head snapping to her left. She let her bright blue orbs scan the trees.

“You have visitors,” TJ said lowly. “Would you like us to go, or help?” Derek let out a low growl, and TJ couldn’t help but think it sounded delicious. Realizing his pride was standing in the way of his desired answer, TJ spoke up. “We’ll stay to assess the situation. If it escalades to a fight, we’ll help. If not, we stand back,” she reasoned. Derek nodded stiffly. “AJ,” she said, getting her sister’s attention. AJ looked at the dark haired woman, and nodded, moving next to Stiles, and placing herself slightly in front of him.

TJ noticed Scott throw her a thanking glance. She nodded. Four large men and two women stepped out, followed by a skinnier, taller man. The skinniest of the five men, TJ guessed the leader of the group, looked in her direction.

“Azalee Nakati,” he said lowly. “I’ve heard a lot about you.” TJ raised her chin defiantly.

“Actually, it’s Tasha Kale now, thank you,” she said smoothly, her voice sounding like honey. He nodded in understanding, and then turned to Derek.

“We’re not here to start any trouble,” he said. “We just wanted to warn you that there are hunters moving into the area. We’re leaving because of them.” He flicked his gaze towards TJ, and grinned, showing off rotted teeth. TJ’s nose twitched in disgust. “You are honestly one of the prettiest vampires I’ve ever seen,” he said. TJ nodded, and then felt a warm body press closer to hers. She looked over out of the corner of her right eye, and saw Derek standing there, glaring daggers into the man.

“Thank you,” she said, not letting her discomfort be heard in her voice, or shown on her face. She kept both perfectly neutral. He looked her up her and down, and Derek let out a low growl. TJ looked at him, slightly startled. What the hell? She thought. Realization flashed on the man’s face.

“Oh, I’m sorry man. I didn’t realize,” he apologized quickly, looking Derek in the eye. He and his pack headed out.

“What the hell was that about?” Stiles asked, moving from behind AJ’s protective stance in front of him. TJ looked at Derek with an accusing look.

“Please tell me you knew those wolves lived in Beacon Hills?” She asked. He sighed.

“They didn’t live in Beacon Hills. They lived a few towns over,” Derek explained gruffly. TJ nodded, and then ran a hand through her dark hair. She then turned to Scott with a large grin.

“Alright, pup,” she said cheerfully. “What can we teach you that your wolf friend can’t? Scott shrugged, and looked towards Derek.

“They can teach you how to protect yourself against a vampire. I can’t do that properly,” he said.

“Alright, when do you want to start?” TJ asked.

“Tomorrow?” Scott asked. TJ nodded.

“Do you think you could teach me some self-defense moves?” Stiles asked. TJ nodded.

“I’m sure AJ would be happy to help,” TJ said. AJ nodded with a soft smile.

“I’ll teach you some stuff,” she said. Stiles grinned.

“Thanks, AJ.”

“No problem, Stiles,” AJ said, and then turned quickly to TJ. “What are we gonna do all day tomorrow?” She asked quickly.

“Job hunting?” TJ shrugged. AJ groaned.

“I hate job hunting,” she whined.

“Deal with it,” TJ said, turning to the three guys. “Well, it was nice meeting you three, and we’ll see you both tomorrow. Around sun set good?” She asked. Derek nodded, while Scott and Stiles looked confused.

“Wait, if you’re vampires, how can you go out in the sunlight?” Scott asked. Stiles eyes widened.

“Do you sparkle in the sunlight? Are Twilight vampires real?” He asked excitedly. TJ and AJ just stared at him, before TJ let out a snort.

“Fuck no. We do not sparkle in the sunlight, and we don’t burn either. We have to wear sunglasses though because our eyes or sensitive to light,” TJ explained. They both nodded in understanding.

“Later,” TJ said, giving them a two finger salute, and disappearing quickly from their sights, AJ not far behind.