Status: Completed

Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me

Chapter 104

I woke up to the smell of something cooking, and when I looked around wasn’t sure where I was. A dark bedroom, on a huge – and extremely comfortable – bed, the blinds and door shut, and I was only in my underwear. It slowly all came back to me, and I felt my face heat up again. Why I hadn’t thought of that before, I didn’t know, and now I felt awful. A couple of times now things had got… heated, and both times Jordan just played it off like no big deal, although I felt awful. I felt like I was teasing him and leading him on, and that’s the last thing I wanted to do to him.

I found my jeans, and after being unable to come up with my shirt pulled on the only one I could find. It was huge on me, so I figured it was safe to assume it was Jordan’s, and then made my way down the hall. There wasn’t anybody in the kitchen, and when I walked onto the deck found Jordan on his laptop while burgers were cooking on the barbeque.

“Hey there sleeping beauty,” he grinned, standing up and pulling me into his arms when he saw me. Reaching up on my tiptoes I pressed my lips to his, and his arms tightened around me.

“Look at you, cooking and everything,” I teased, and he laughed before kissing me once more.

“I told you barbequing was my thing, remember?”

“Right, forgot. Did you want me to make anything to go with it?” I asked, and he shrugged.

“I don’t know… what do you make with burgers?” he asked in response, making me laugh.

“Do you like macaroni, or want a salad…?”

“Macaroni sounds good,” he shrugged. I remembered that none of the boys were particularly fussy, so asking for their opinion on something like this was basically pointless.

“How long have those been on?” I asked.

“Just a few minutes,” he answered, and I moved to go back inside. I put a pot of water on the stove and waited for it to boil before putting the macaroni in.

“Hey babe do you want to eat inside or outside?” Jordan asked as he stuck his head in the door.

“Doesn’t matter – you pick,” I told him, and he shrugged.

“Outside?”

“Sure,” I nodded, and was just draining the pasta as he brought he plate of burgers inside. I added cheese and stirred it until it was melted before Jordan brought down two plates and we started dishing up.

“Beer?” he asked, and I nodded. It’s not like I had to worry about getting caught up here; I was old enough to drink in Canada.

“Sure, sounds good,” I nodded, and took the bottle he offered me as we headed out to the deck. For quarter to six the sun was still high in the sky, and looked beautiful as we sat down on his patio furniture and began to eat.

“These are fantastic Jordan,” I said as I took a bite into my burger. The boy could barbeque, that’s for sure.

“Thank you, thank you very much,” he grinned before taking a huge bite out of his as well. We sat quietly as we ate, enjoying the view, the quiet and each other’s company. When we finished we took the plates inside, before curling up together in a chair on his deck. I tucked my head under his chin, his long arms wrapped around me as we sat there together, not having to say anything. I’d always wondered how my parents could do that, to be able to just sit together for hours and never say a word. Now I realized that they never had to. With Jordan we didn’t have to talk, and it was so amazing to just be able to feel him next to me and know he was there, no matter what.

“Ready to head to bed?” Jordan asked an hour or two later. I nodded, already dozing off with my head against his chest, the day’s events taking their toll on me. He picked me up and carried me bridal style into the house, and into his room, where he laid me down gently on the bed, before grabbing his pajamas and going to the bathroom to change. I slipped into a pair of sleep-shorts and a tank top before crawling under the covers. Jordan knocked softly before walking in and sliding under the covers as well, pulling me into his side once he was comfortable. I let out a content sigh as I closed my eyes; I didn’t want this to end. I felt so comfortable, and protected, and loved just laying here in Jordan’s arms, without him saying anything or doing anything special. It was a whole new feeling for me, one I was trying to get used to and desperately hoping wouldn’t go away. I snuggled into his side and kissed his cheek, feeling his smile against my lips before I laid my head back on his chest, his even breaths rocking me to sleep. I’d never have trouble sleeping again if I could fall asleep in his arms every night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! Let me know what you guys think!