Status: Completed

Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me

Chapter 108

We woke up right before supper, and dressed lazily. I was wearing a pair of Jordan’s shorts and a tank top, while all he wore was a pair of shorts.

“I’ll cook that fish,” he offered, and pulled the fillets out of the fridge.

“Sure, if you want to. I have no idea what to do with fish,” I told him, and he looked surprised.

“Really? Well my girl, it’s never too late to learn,” he smiled, pressing a kiss to my temple as he reached around me to put the fish on the counter. He explained what he was doing as he prepared the fillets, deciding to fry it in a pan. I watched eagerly, wanting to take it all in. We made rice and cooked vegetables to go with it, and sat down at his kitchen table to eat. Jordan also pulled out a bottle of wine that I hadn’t known was there.

“Well, I figured it was a kind of fancy dinner, so something a little nicer might be appropriate,” he explained, his cheeks an adorable shade of pink as he set it down on the table.

“That’s adorable Jordy,” I said, pressing a soft kiss to his lips as I stood up to find wine glasses. I couldn’t find any, so decided that champagne flutes would have to do. He filled the glasses and then we sat down to eat, the fish he’d made definitely the best I’d ever tasted.

“Wow, this is incredible Jordy,” he grinned and sat up a little straighter at my compliment.

“Thanks Cam, I’m glad you like it,” he said, and took a drink. We talked quietly through our meal and when I opted to do the dishes Jordan just shook his head. He led me to the deck – the bottle of wine in hand while he handed me the glasses, and then pulled the cover off of the hot tub.

“Shouldn’t we go grab our swimsuits?” I asked, and Jordan shrugged.

“Well, you’re wearing a pair of my swim trunks,” he reminded me, and after a moment I pulled my tank top off and then crawled in, my sports bra doing the job to cover me up. Jordan stepped in afterward, and then pulled me onto his lap once he was comfortable.

“I like this,” I told him, leaning back against him and closing my eyes.

“Me too,” Jordan agreed, kissing my shoulder, then up my neck and to my lips. I turned slightly, so I could wrap my arms around him and rest my head against his shoulder as we sat there and listened to the sounds of the lake and enjoyed the view. We finished off the bottle of wine as well, and by the time I knew it was time for bed was having trouble walking straight. Wine always just went straight to my head; beer, hard liquor, anything like that I was fine, but wine or wine coolers hit me hard.

“A little tipsy?” Jordan asked with a hiccup, making me giggle uncontrollably.

“I could ask you the same thing,” I retorted, my words coming out un-slurred thankfully. Jordan wrapped an arm around me after he put the cover back over the hot tub, and picked up the empty bottle while I carried the glasses back to his kitchen.

“We’ll worry about cleaning in the morning,” he told me, and we went back to his bedroom. The alcohol did the trick of completely banishing any of our self-consciousness as we slipped into our pajamas and then crawled into bed. As soon as our heads hit the pillow we were out for the count.