Status: Completed

Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me

Chapter 110

The next morning was a bit of a solemn one – I didn’t really want to leave the lake either, but Jared would be devastated if we stayed out at Jordan’s the whole time I was here and the last thing I wanted was for another one of Jordan’s brothers to be mad at him. We’d slept in till ten thirty, and then had breakfast and showered before beginning to pack up to head back to his parents’ place.

“You sure? Not just one more day?” Jordan playfully asked as he put our bags in the back of the truck. I shrugged, not knowing what to say, and soon felt his arms wrap around me.

“You know I’m just teasing babe, please don’t be upset,” he whispered, before kissing my cheek.

“I’m not Jordy,” I assured him. “I want to spend more time with just the two of us too, but we can’t just hide out here the whole time I’m down. I don’t want to be the reason why another one of your brothers is mad at you,” I sighed, and he shook his head.

“Are you kidding? Jared would pretend to be mad for a day and then ask what we did and want every detail like we’d been to Disney World or something,” he chuckled, and I laughed, able to picture the redhead doing exactly that. My phone went off then, Jared texting me and asking when we were leaving the lake.

“Oh my God – does that kid ever leave you alone?” Jordan asked as he read the text over my shoulder.

“Give him a break – he’s not that bad,” I insisted as we made sure we’d got everything and Jordan locked up.

“Seriously, he texts you almost as much as I do,” he teased, and I shook my head.

“Does not!”

“Does too! He better not be trying to put the moves on you – I will kill him with my own two hands,” he said, and I started laughing so hard I actually couldn’t stand up. Jordan watched, obviously amused as I was crouched into a ball on the deck laughing.

“Jared… putting… moves on… me? Ha!” there were tears at the corners of my eyes and I couldn’t breath, but still I couldn’t stop laughing.

“I’m serious Cam,” Jordan insisted, but he only made me laugh harder. Finally he picked me up and carried me to the truck as I attempted to get myself under control.

“I think you’re delusional Jordy,” I managed to get out as I swiped at the tears on my cheeks.

“No, I’m not. Jared thinks you’re the greatest thing since sliced bread. Hell, if he’d have found out you were a girl before we were together he would’ve asked you out,” he told me, and started the laughter again.

“I’m serious! Why is this so funny to you?” Jordan asked me, sounding a little exasperated.

“Because he’s like my brother! I’m sorry, but this to me would be like Marc telling you Lindsay thought you were ‘the greatest thing since sliced bread’, it’s kind of hilarious,” I explained, and he rolled his eyes before kissing my forehead, letting his lips linger as he knew this sort of thing couldn’t happen around the rest of his family.

“Whatever, you goofball,” he sighed before shutting the door and walking to his side. I managed to calm down by the time we’d hit the highway, and the rest of our drive was fairly quiet. We listened to the radio, and Jordan laced his fingers with mine as he drove back to his parents’ house. I let out a laugh when I saw Jared sitting on the deck playing his PSP, obviously waiting for us as he jumped up and waved once he saw the truck.

“Jesus,” Jordan playfully grumbled, rolling his eyes before squeezing my hand.

“Give him a break Jordy,” I insisted, and he chuckled as he parked and turned off the vehicle.

“You’re finally back! I was getting worried you guys were just gonna stay out there,” Jared told us as he pulled me into a hug.

“Well I wanted to, you’re just lucky my girlfriend likes you,” Jordan informed him, and Jared pouted at him.

“That’s because we’re best friends, why d’you have to be so mean?” he asked, and I shook my head at the two of them. Soon Linda was making her way over to us, and I waved once she could see me.

“Cam! It’s so lovely to see you again,” she grinned, and pulled me into a hug.

“Nice to see you again too! I missed all of you guys,” I replied, and she was absolutely beaming when she pulled away.

“Well come on in – Marc and Lindsay are here, Eric and Tanya have been with her parents for a couple days, and Henry should be back this evening,” she began chattering away as she led me inside, and the two boys followed.

“Hey Cam!” Marc grinned and jumped up to give me a hug when he saw me, looking a little too excited for just me being here.

“Hey Marc, what’s up?” I asked, and he pulled me towards the living room.

“I want to introduce you to Michael,” he said, and I stopped in confusion.

“Michael?”

Then Lindsay came around the corner carrying a small bundle.

“Oh my God! Why did nobody tell me you’d had your baby?” I burst, and he laughed at me.

“We knew you were coming down so I figured it’d be a surprise for you to just meet him – he was born on the fifteenth,” Marc explained, and I took a step towards Lindsay, giving her a careful one-armed hug before taking a peek at the little guy. Baby-fine blonde hair covered his head, and he looked up at me with signature Staal blue eyes.

“He’s absolutely beautiful,” I whispered, and softly brushed my fingertip on the little guy’s cheek. Both Marc and Lindsay beamed proudly as he put an arm around his wife and kissed her cheek.

“He’s perfect,” Lindsay agreed, before looking to Marc, who nodded.

“Do you want to hold him?” she asked, and I was surprised.

“R-really?”

“Of course Cam – you’re like family,” Marc rolled his eyes at me, and then Lindsay carefully handed the little boy over to me. He curled into my side, and his tiny fingers reached up towards my face.

“Hello there Mike, nice to meet you,” I cooed, and got a content little sound in response.

“He’s so tiny,” I gushed, gently rocking him as I stood there.

“He’s pretty big for a newborn – a little over eight pounds,” Lindsay told me, and I shrugged slightly.

“He’s a Staal, what did you expect? None of you were under eight pounds,” Linda joined in, making us laugh.
“I think he likes you,” Marc told me with a smile.

“I hope so,” I grinned back, and then handed him over to his father. We all sat down in the living room with Jordan and Jared to visit.

“Oh, Cam do you want to sleep in Jordan’s room? I can fit the air mattress in there if you want,” Linda asked.

“Whatever’s easiest for you guys; I’m not too fussy,” I replied, and she nodded, before looking to Jordan.

“Yes mom, I’ll go get the air mattress out,” he sighed, making everybody laugh.