Status: Completed

Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me

Chapter 117

“Okay buddy, it’s time for bed,” Tanya sighed, carrying an already out-for-the-count Levi.

“Do we have to?” he begged, and after the look his mother gave him said goodbye to everybody, hugging Cam especially tight before heading back to their place with Marc, Lindsay and Mike, Mike having been asleep for a while.

“Well, Jordan you’ll be bunking with Jared,” Mom decided, I rolled my eyes at her.

“Don’t argue with your mother – you know the rules Jordan. Sorry Cam, but we’re quite strict about that,” dad apologized.

“No, it’s fine – I understand, don’t worry,” she quickly assured them, and mom gave her a warm smile.

“Thank you,” she said, and then Jared and I hauled the air mattress upstairs, not bothering to deflate it first, much to the amusement of our parents.

“Well, we’re going to call it a night,” Mom announced, dad already having been in bed for a while.

“All right, goodnight,” we all chorused, and she disappeared down the hall and we heard the slight click of the door shutting.

“Movie night?” Jared proposed, and Cam looked to me before shrugging.

“I’m up for it if you two are,” she replied, and I nodded.

“Maybe just one tonight… maybe tomorrow night we can watch more,” I suggested, and they both nodded. Jared found a movie and put it in, while Cam and I curled up together on the couch. Jared smirked before throwing a blanket at us, explaining that he didn’t want to see anything. I retorted that he was supposed to be watching the movie and not us, and Cam swatted me before telling me to behave, much to Jared’s amusement.

It was unbelievable to be able to hold her and hold her hand while we watched a movie, not having to worry if somebody was going to walk in and see us or anything. I pressed a kiss to her temple, and felt her snuggle closer to me underneath the blanket and squeeze my hand softly.

She fell asleep about fifteen minutes before the end of the movie, and Jared was close to sleep too. I got him to turn off the TV and the DVD player and then I picked Cam up and carried her downstairs. She half woke-up and I helped her change out of her jeans and into a pair of boxer shorts before she crawled under the covers and fell asleep. I pushed the hair off of her face softly before pressing a kiss to her forehead and leaving the room. I found my mom in the kitchen, sipping on a cup of tea.

“So, you two have really been hiding this from everyone?” she asked, and I nodded, feeling a little guilty.

“Yeah, only her mom, Becka, and Steve and Shelley Sullivan know, and now you guys,” I nodded, leaning against the counter.

“She really did want to tell you all earlier – it was making her sick at the All Star Game because she felt so awful about lying to you guys,” I told her, and she nodded.

“I don’t doubt that one bit,” she assured me with a soft smile. “It’s just a lot to take in – finding out you’ve been seeing someone for a while without telling us, thinking that person was a boy and then finding out the boy we all knew was actually a girl. I’m so happy for you though Jordan,” she said.

“Really?”

“Yes, of course. Cam’s done wonderful things for you Jordan; you’re not the same boy who left here last August. You’ve changed, you’ve grown up, and you’re happier than I’ve ever seen you. That’s all we’ve ever wanted for you boys – to be happy,” she told me, tearing up as she did so. I wrapped my arms around her, feeling tears threatening my eyes as well.

“She means the world to me mom… I love her. I’m kind of scared, but I love her,” I whispered, and she nodded.

“I can tell Jordan. Just the way you two look at each other and how you behave around each other… I sort of suspected something between you wasn’t what you were telling us, but to be honest I hadn’t suspected all of this,” she chuckled, pulling away and cupping my cheeks with her small hands.

“If you’d told me any of this in August I wouldn’t have ever believed you,” I grinned, and then stood up straight.

“I don’t doubt that. Well, you better get to bed sweetheart, I’ll see you in the morning. And you damn well go to your bed in Jared’s room,” she warned me, making me laugh.

“Yes mom,” I sighed, making her laugh and she ruffled my hair before I followed her to the hall. I stopped at Jared’s room and let myself in; finding my little brother already sleeping deeply, and even snoring a little. I groaned internally, because it would take me forever to fall asleep having to listen to his snoring. I stripped down to my boxers and crawled onto the air mattress shoved against the far wall, pulled the covers up and tried to go to sleep.