Status: Completed

Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me

Chapter 125

“So, what’s up?” she asked, and we both shrugged.

“Not a whole lot; chilling out,” Jared replied, and I nodded in agreement.

“Where’s Jordan? Still sleeping?”

“No, he went into town with Marc,” I answered. Tanya looked surprised and looked between the two of us.

“That’s weird,” she shrugged, and I didn’t really know what to say so didn’t say anything.

“So, um, I wanted to apologize for the way Eric’s been acting. I mean, I’ve tried talking to him about it, but you know how he is,”

“It’s fine Tanya, honest. I understand why he’s upset,”

“It’s no excuse; I mean, Marc was more than accommodating with the news, Henry and Linda too and they’re a little more ‘old fashioned’ than Eric is. I just don’t know why he’s so stuck on it,” she sighed, and Jared put a hand on her knee for comfort.

“Seriously Tanya, it’s okay. I’d be upset in his shoes too, it’s all right. I just hope he doesn’t hate me forever,” I worried, and she smacked my shoulder lightly.

“Don’t say that! Even Eric’s not that stupid,” she argued, and Jared began to chuckle.

“If you say so,” I shrugged, and she huffed.

“Yes I say so,”

Our conversation continued until Linda announced she’d made lunch, and we all filed into the kitchen. Things were fairly quiet – Henry was out in the field working, so it was a lot smaller than any other meal I’d had at the Staals. I offered to help do up the dishes, and was just washing the last bowl when I saw Jordan’s truck come into the driveway, Marc and Lindsay’s vehicle close behind.

A smile came across my face as I walked out to the deck and saw Jordan’s grin as he got out of the truck and walked towards me.

“Hey there beautiful,” he whispered as he pushed some hair off of my face and kissed me.

“Hey there handsome,” I replied, and grinned when he kissed my forehead before taking my hand and turning when he heard Marc say something.

“What am I? Chopped liver?” Marc playfully complained, and Lindsay rolled her eyes as she walked over carrying Mike in his car seat.

“Hi Marc,” I rolled my eyes and began to laugh as Jordan pulled me into his body so I couldn’t give his brother a hug. I wrapped my arms around Jordan’s middle and held him, letting my head rest on his strong chest.

“Thanks Jordan,” he huffed, walking past us to head inside. Lindsay ruffled my hair before going inside, and I went to follow them but Jordan held me back.

“Just a second,”

“What is it Jordy?” I asked, and saw him swallow almost nervously.

“Well, uh, there was a reason I went to town this morning with Marc, and why we didn’t invite you or Jared,” he started, and I still wasn’t sure what to make of this.

“Okay,”

“Um, I wasn’t sure how I was going to do this but now’s as good a time as any I guess,” he took a deep breath before pulling a little velvet box out of his shorts pocket. He opened it up and took another deep breath before turning it to face me. It took a moment for me to realize what it was, and I gasped when I did. A beautiful silver Claddagh ring with a tiny diamond accent in the crown.

“Jordan,”

“I wanted to get you something like this, but didn’t want to do the whole cheesy promise ring thing,” he explained, running his fingertip over the ring before taking it out of the satin it sat in.

“Jared told me you guys had talked about this… it took me and Marc all morning to find somewhere that had them and then pick one out,” he admitted, a flush on his cheeks.

“So I guess the question is, um, do you accept it?” he whispered, and I flung myself at him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

“Of course Jordan, how could I not?” I asked, my voice quiet and tears threatening my eyes. He hugged me tightly, exhaling a long breath against my neck before kissing my neck softly.

“If you came to your senses?” he asked, making us both chuckle. Jordan pulled away then, and took my right hand to slide the ring onto my finger, facing the way that meant I was taken. I smiled, eyeing the beautiful silver ring that now sat on my finger. Jordan took my hand, lacing our fingers together, and smiled at the feel of the ring on my hand.

“Perfect,” he whispered, and I nodded, before we headed inside.