Status: Completed

Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me

Chapter 126

“WHAT IS THAT?!” we hadn’t made it three steps into the living room before Tanya’s eyes had widened and she pointed at the ring on my finger. I blushed, leaning into Jordan as the entire Staal family turned to look at us.

“A Claddagh ring,” I quietly explained, and while Tanya, Lindsay and Linda all looked confused they looked a hell of a lot more excited.

“Oh my God! Let me see! Marc said you needed help picking something out but not a ring!” Lindsay gushed, rushing over to us, Tanya and Linda close behind.

“Oh wow, that’s beautiful!” Tanya fawned over it, taking my hand so she could inspect it from all angles.

“That’s lovely Jordan,” Linda agreed, taking a good look at it as well.

“So what’s a Claddagh ring exactly?” Tanya asked, and I took a moment.

“Well it’s… it’s a promise ring but it’s not. It’s Irish, and how you wear it kind of determines what it means,” I said. She nodded, her eyes still glued to it.

“So wearing it this way means…what? Did you propose?” she asked, and I shook my head, my face turning nearly as red as Jordan’s.

“No, it just means she’s taken,” Jordan told her, and she nodded once more.

“I like it,” she approved, and I grinned before looking to find a place to sit down. Jordan took the chair, and while my plan had been to sit on the floor in front of him he wrapped his arms around my middle and pulled me to sit on his lap.

“Aww, aren’t they cute?” Lindsay teased, and Jordan raised an eyebrow before planting a wet raspberry onto my cheek.

“Wow, I think Goldie could’ve pulled that off with less slobber,” I complained, wiping my cheek. That cracked everyone up, and even Jordan was having a hard time keeping a straight face while he was trying to pout.

“That wasn’t very nice,” he told me, his bottom lip stuck out a tremendous distance.

“Sorry honey – sometimes the truth hurts,” I answered, making his mother and Jared laugh.

“Wow, really feeling the love right now Cam,” he rolled his eyes, before I gave him a grin and pressed a kiss to cheek.

“Love you,” I assured him, and he soon had an easy smile on his face as he pressed a kiss to the top of my head. I cuddled into him, and felt his hand softly begin to rub my back. It took only minutes for me to start feeling sleepy, and I let my eyes shut.