Status: Completed

Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me

Chapter 136

“Hello?” I jogged toward the door of my apartment, and opened it without checking who it was. All of my breath left my body as I stared at the person standing in the hallway.

“Cam,” I whispered, before she was in my arms and my lips were on hers. I pulled her in close with one hand on her lower back, as I tangled the other in her hair and kicked my door shut.

“Oh my God I missed you,” she managed to tell me without our kiss really breaking.

“I know, I missed you so much,” I agreed, sliding both hands down so I could lift her up; her legs immediately wrapping around my waist and I carried her to my room. I was in the midst of cleaning and redecorating. I’d taken down a lot of pictures and was trying to figure out what the hell to do with painting, because when I’d come back I’d almost forgotten about the fact Torrie had basically decorated the place. And I really wasn’t a fan of it – I’d kept my mouth shut when we were together because she’d put a lot of work into it, but it really wasn’t my style.

“Busy?” Cam asked, and I shrugged, my lips going to work on her neck.

“Not really, I’d basically called it a night before you knocked,” I replied, and felt her hands on the hem of my T-shirt. We pulled apart long enough for her to pull it over my head, and before I could get the slightest bit nervous pulled her tank top off of her.

“Redecorating or what?” she asked, and again I nodded.

“Yeah, it’s not really my style,” I told her, and she giggled, her hands trailing up and down my stomach. I’d thrown myself into working out after Marc had hauled me out of bed for a few days, all of my brothers getting on my case about it. The results had been awesome; I’ve never been in better shape in my life, and the washboard abs seemed to impress my girlfriend too.

“Wow, look at you,” she smirked, before rolling us over so she was on top of me. I just grinned and flexed, making the muscle definition that much more impressive as she deliberately and slowly ran her hands over my stomach.

“Well you were gone, what else was I supposed to do?” I asked, and she blushed a little before kissing me, and I moaned when she gave the waistband of my jeans a little tug.

“I don’t know,” was her honest answer, and she giggled when I cupped her ass, the material of her jeans rough under my fingers.

It struck me as a little odd how we were having such a casual conversation while this was going on, and it didn’t pause while we had sex. I’d never been one for talking during it, but with Cam it seemed natural. We were catching up with each other in every sense of the word, and only when I wrapped my body around her petite frame with a yawn did the conversation slow down.

“So, is Becka all right with you spending the night here?” I asked, and she nodded, scooting backwards so her entire body was pressed into mine. I slung a leg over her hip, my arm around her waist as we spooned.

“I don’t see why she’d care – I think she was heading to Sid’s for dinner and I doubt she was planning on coming home,” she informed me, and I chuckled. It was still hard to fathom that our Captain had a girlfriend. And even more so than just having a girlfriend, but a fairly serious one who spent the night sometimes.

“What’s so funny?” she asked, turning to look at me.

“Just the idea of Sid having a serious girlfriend. But Becka’s good for him,” I replied, and she nodded.

“He’s good for her too,” she agreed, squirming momentarily before settling with a sigh.
“Good night sweetheart; I love you,” I murmured, kissing her neck.

“Love you too Jordy,” she whispered, squeezing my hand softly before drifting off to sleep. I laid there for a few minutes, listening to her soft breathing and relishing in the feeling of finally having her in my arms again. I’d came back to Pittsburgh a good week early – I’d hoped that re-vamping my apartment would only take a few days, but it was looking to be a bigger project than I had anticipated.

I figured if Cam was going to be over more it would be better if my place didn’t feel like my ex-girlfriend still lived there.

I gently turned her ring on her finger, the details feeling comfortable and familiar against my fingertip. A sigh left my lips then as I closed my eyes to try to go to sleep, picturing the feel of an engagement ring on her finger next to it.