Status: Completed

Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me

Chapter 23

“Hey Becks, how are you?” I asked as I walked in the front door, Jordan nervously on my heels; far enough back he could make a run for it if Torrie was over.
“Good, good. No Torrie’s not here Jordan; she was on her way to go see a couple other friends so she dropped me off about five minutes ago,” she said, and sheepishly Jordan followed me into the kitchen, both of us kicking our shoes off.
“Where were you two this afternoon? Out shopping?” she asked, eyebrow raised.
“No, we went to grab some breakfast,” Jordan answered.
“Breakfast? At one thirty in the afternoon?”
“We slept in, okay?” I shrugged, and she shook her head.
“I was wondering about all the blankets and pillows on the chair,” she said, and Jordan’s face immediately heated up. He was the kind of guy who left his own place in a state of disarray, but made sure to clean up after himself at someone else’s.
“Sorry about that; I was going to fold up the blankets but forgot,”
“Don’t worry about it; are you going back home to…” Becka let her words die as she realized that Jordan going to his own bed tonight would mean sharing it with Torrie.
“Nah, I think he’ll live sleeping on the couch for another few nights,” I said teasingly, hoping to diffuse the situation before Jordan got into a funk again. Luckily I seemed to have cut in before he had time to fully process what Becka had said or let it sink in.
“I dunno man, that was pretty squishy,” he teased back.
“It’s your fault; if you wouldn’t have fallen asleep watching the movie you could have had the couch,” I reminded him, thinking back to our conversation during breakfast.
“Pft, sure, whatever,” he rolled his eyes before grinning at me and laughing.
“So… how was… today?” Jordan asked, and I knew he wanted to make sure Torrie was alright without hearing exactly what was going on.
“Well, she’s okay; pissed as hell at you today though,” Becka sighed, pouring us each a glass of iced tea and giving them to us before sitting down.
“Oh…”
“But she was kind of a mess last night; I swear to God I didn’t know it was possible to eat as much ice cream as we did,” Jordan obviously wanted to hear a little more but didn’t want to ask, so I stepped in.
“So what’d you do? Rent movies?”
“Yeah, we rented a couple, got some junk food, then stayed up until like 2:30 this morning talking and eating junk food. We actually had a lot of fun, until Amy woke us up to go shopping at like nine thirty,” I laughed at her, knowing Becka liked waking up early abut as much as I did. The corner or Jordan’s mouth tugged up into a smile, although he was obviously trying to hide it.
“What’s so funny Staal?” Becka asked, crossing her arms. I knew from the way her eyebrow lifted that she was teasing him, but Jordan didn’t. He continued to struggle to keep a straight face, until Becka cracked and started to laugh. Then he visibly relaxed and joined in, the three of us sitting on the couch together.
♠ ♠ ♠
I posted two because I felt so bad for taking so long to post anything, I just apologize that this chapter is quite short in comparison to the others... but the last one was pretty long! I hope y'all like it!