Status: Completed

Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me

Chapter 36

“How is Cam?” I heard a voice in the room, but I wasn’t able to figure out who it was. I tried to open my eyes, but couldn’t. Then I began to panic; realizing I couldn’t open my eyes, move or even speak.

“She’ll be all right; nothing was too seriously damaged; the blade just missed her appendix so we don’t have to do surgery to remove it or anything. Lucky,” a second voice replied. My mind began to race, and I wished I could move or speak, do something to stop this conversation right now. Somebody knew, somebody who I didn’t know knew about my secret.

“She? What the hell are you talking about? Cam plays on my hockey team, and he’s not a girl,” the first voice argued, sounding confused and angry.

“Well then she sure has you all fooled. Cameron is a girl,” the second voice insisted, and I heard someone sit down on the far side of the room.

‘Stop!’ I tried to yell, ‘You’re going to ruin everything for me!’ I tried and tried but no sound came out of my mouth.

“That can’t be right… he wouldn’t… he can’t be,” the first voice sighed, but the second one just chuckled.

“Think about it; would a girl have had the opportunity to do the things Cam has?”

“But still… I can’t believe….” The voices slowly faded to black again and while I couldn’t shake the panic I couldn’t fight the impending darkness that slowed my breathing and slowly consumed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that this chapter is so short! I just had my wisdom teeth taken out today; so I kind of look like I have a balloon in my mouth. So here's a little chapter and I will probably manage to post another one tomorrow!