Status: Completed

Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me

Chapter 49

“So… how was last night?” Becka asked, raising her eyebrows suggestively as I walked in the door. I turned a little pink, and then shrugged.

“Good, Jordan knows now, and while we aren’t really telling people I think we’re together,” I allowed. Becka shrieked happily before hugging me, making the grin return to my face.

“Aw that is so cute! I’m so happy for you two!”

“Thanks Becka, that means a lot,” I couldn’t keep the grin off of my face now, and she did a little happy dance.

“I’m so excited for you! So, did you two get any sleep last night?” she asked, a mischievous look in her eyes.

“Yes we did, thank you. Nothing like that happened,” I informed her. She raised an eyebrow, obviously not believing me although I assured her it was true.

“Really? This is Jordan we’re talking about,”

“This is me we’re talking about,” I mocked her, and she sighed. I had a whole half-hour to get ready and leave the apartment before morning skate, and I still needed to shower and everything.

“Can we talk later?” I asked, and she was about to argue before she remembered.

“Morning skate; right. Of course we can, I’m home all day for once,” she agreed, standing just inside the doorway of her room as I grabbed some clean clothes out of my closet and headed for the shower. I was in and out in record time, and by the time I’d gotten dressed and made my way out to the kitchen Becka had made me a cup of hot chocolate and a piece of toast.

“Thank you,” I gave her a hug, knowing I hardly had time to sit down and eat. Jordan had offered to make breakfast this morning, but I’d refused, instead wanting to spend the time curled up under the covers with him and enjoy it while I could.

“We should go for coffee later!” she said, and I nodded as I put on my coat and slipped into my shoes.

“Yeah! I’ll come get you after practice and we can go have coffee and lunch,” I grinned, glad to finally get to spend some time with my best friend.

Practice wasn’t too bad; Dan didn’t want to push us too hard with a game tonight, and I was secretly hoping that I would be a healthy scratch for tonight’s game. Considering how the last meeting with Philadelphia had ended I really didn’t want a repeat performance and to miss anymore games. And while we were playing Nashville tonight and I shouldn’t be too worried about any mean hits, all I could picture was the replay I’d seen of Max slamming me into the boards and his skate catching on my hip. Every time it came to mind I felt sick to my stomach, the thought of being out for another two weeks nearly killing me. I wouldn’t be able to stand it.

Especially not if I hoped to tell the guys that I was a girl by the end of the season.

Becka and I went for dinner afterward, and only a couple people came up to me to ask for my autograph. It still blew my mind when people did that, but it was so cool at the same time. And as usual, at least a couple people made a comment about me looking taller on TV.

When we got back to the apartment it was about time to lay down for my pre-game nap, and I was surprised when Jordan called my cell.

“Hey Cam, can I come over?” he asked.

“Sure, what’s up?”

“Just wanted to spend some time with you before the game,” he answered, unknowingly making me blush. Becka noticed this and smiled, elbowing me jokingly.

“O-okay, see you soon then,” I stuttered, and hung up the phone. Becka raised her eyebrows at me before giggling at me when I grinned.

“He probably just wants someone to cuddle with,” she teased, and my face turned red, thinking back to last night when he’d told me he was a ‘cuddler’.

Five minutes later there was knocking at the door, and I answered it, finding Jordan standing there with a relaxed grin on his face, holding a garment bag.

“Hey,” he stepped in, and as soon as I’d closed the door he pressed a soft kiss to my lips, surprising me and making my knees weak.

“Hi Staal,” Becka said, walking into the kitchen and making herself a cup of tea. She eyed the two of us suspiciously while Jordan wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me against his tall frame. I couldn’t imagine how funny we looked; I was still dressed as a guy, and then there was the fact Jordan was nearly head and shoulders taller than me. Becka chuckled, obviously coming to the same conclusion I was about how we looked together, before turning and pouring her tea into her travel mug.

“Hi Becka, how are you?” he asked, and she just shrugged.

“All right. I think I’m going to go shopping with a couple of my friends from school though, let Cam have the apartment to herself where it’s nice and quiet so she can sleep,” she answered, and that’s when I noticed she’d changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a nice cardigan.

“Oh, well have fun; don’t ‘shop until you drop’ or whatever so you can still come to the game tonight,” he told her, making us both laugh before she was out the door.

“So, I take it you’re planning on keeping me company while Becka’s out?” I asked, and he sheepishly nodded.

“If you’re okay with me staying and keeping you warm,” he told me. I laughed, wrapping my arms around him and kissing him. His long arms tightened around me, and I buried my face against his chest, inhaling the almost boyish scent he had.

“Well, we should go to sleep, eh?” he asked, his lips moving against the top of my head, and I nodded. Before I could make a move he picked me up, and carried me bridal style to my bedroom. He paused, letting me pull back the covers before gently putting me down and crawling in beside me. Just like last night we curled up next to each other, my head on his chest and his arms around me. And again just like last night it only took minutes for me to fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta-Da! I can't believe I'm so close to 50 chapters... this is unbelievable!

Sorry for taking so long to get back on here; things were a little hectic with my life. I drove 11.5 hours round trip to go play a show, and then found out I have a paper due for english at the end of the month that is worth 25% of my final grade :S

But because y'all are so awesome (And in hopes we will beat Washington tonight, because I extremely dislike the Caps and since we lost to Ottawa last night) Here is another chapter! I'll hopefully have more up soon! So please comment and let me know what you think!