Status: Completed

Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me

Chapter 62

Jordan's POV

I’ve never considered myself to be a kids, wife, house and white picket fence kind of guy. I’ve always been more of a have fun and whatever the hell happens, happens. But seeing how my nephew took to Cam stirred up some feelings I have never had before. It was wrong to do, as Cam made it quite clear that around the guys I shouldn’t even let myself think of her as, well, her, otherwise I act like she’s a girl and that’ll create trouble. But the way Parker took to her immediately and threw a fit when we left without Cam was adorable. It actually made me kind of want to have kids. As in, sooner than later have kids.

I sighed as I got into the car my brother had rented, wishing I could just tell them all of it; I hated keeping something like this from my brothers. I completely understood where Cam was coming from though, and I respected that she wanted to ensure her spot before telling anybody, so I’d keep my mouth shut.

“So, what’s this I hear about you finding yourself a girlfriend?” Eric asked, sparing me a glance while he drove. Jared perked up, having been trying to calm down our nephew but wanting to hear this little tidbit.

“Yeah, it’s kind of new,” I shrugged, hoping to be as vague as possible.

“So, is she coming down this weekend?” he asked. I shook my head no, and saw both of them look disappointed.

“Work and some family stuff,” I replied. That was true; Cam technically was ‘working’, the same as me. And if all went well she was hoping for some of her family to come down.

“That’s too bad; I would’ve liked to meet her,” Jared piped up, and I chuckled.

“Of course you would,” I replied, and then saw my nephew was still sniffling. He was beyond unimpressed at Eric for making him leave Cam.

“Hey buddy, it’s okay; we’ll see Cam later, okay?” I suggested, and immediately his face lit up again.

“Reawwy Unca Jordy? Pwease?” he asked, and Eric shot me a sideways glance as we pulled into the hotel parking.

“Maybe you should see if Cam’s okay with that before you start making promises,” he warned me. I shrugged as we got out of the car and I grabbed our bags while Eric got Parker out of his car seat. Jared grabbed his bag, and then we began the trek inside; it was cold out side so we hurried as much as possible.

“Didn’t you see them? Cam took to him, he’s really good with kids,” I defended her, and Eric just gave me a pointed look.

“All I’m saying is make sure Cam has some time; he’s probably got things he’s planning on doing, and especially if he brought Becka with him,” he trailed off, and I tried my hardest not to laugh. Everybody just assumed that Becka was Cam’s girlfriend, except for us guys on the team; they all heard that they’d ‘broken up’, while I knew the truth behind the whole situation. Cam had explained that Becka had thought up the whole girlfriend thing to explain them living together as well as help along the whole ‘Cam’s a boy’ image.

“There’s nothing going on there; they broke up a long time ago,” I told him, his eyes widening in surprise just as Jared’s did.

“Really? I mean, they seem pretty… you know, boyfriend/girlfriend to me,” Jared asked, and I nodded.

“Yeah; they’ve been best friends since they were like three, they’re super close. They tried going out but it just wasn’t working for them, so they’re back to best friends,” I explained, and they nodded.

“That’s cool, usually when you want to just stay friends girls kind of go a little psycho on you,” Jared commented, making me laugh. He’d learned that one the hard way. Jared was just a genuinely nice kid; he hated ever having to say or do anything that would hurt anyone’s feelings, and he’d tried his hardest to stay friends with girls after their relationships had ended. Mostly that didn’t work out because they didn’t want to be friends with him, but he gave it his best shot.

“Not those two; they’re like siblings,” I told him. When Eric opened the door to the hotel room we were met with a cacophony of hello’s and a lot of hugs as our entire family came to say hello to Jared and I.

“Oh, Parker honey what’s wrong?” Mom cooed, noticing her grandson’s eyes were a little red and puffy.

“He got pretty attached to Jordan’s teammate,” Eric explained, and mom raised an eyebrow. Jared let out a laugh sitting down on the bed beside Marc and taking Levi from him.

“Yeah, he took to Cam right away, and called him Uncle, then had a fit when we left,” Jared told them, before cooing away at the newest addition to the family. Marc let out a laugh, as did Lindsay who was on his other side. Tanya looked a little surprised, and my parents were too caught up in cheering up Parker to really react.

“Yup Tanya, Park just went right to him; didn’t play shy or anything,” Eric added, and she laughed.

“Cam sure sounds like quite the guy; cooks, bakes, he got Jordy to stop partying so hard and Parker loves him? Where’s this kid been hiding?” she asked, giving Eric a peck of a kiss on the lips. I sat down on the far bed, putting down my bag and stretching.

“So do I get to meet this best friend of yours?” she asked a moment later, leaning her head against Eric’s chest.

“I don’t know; I don’t know if he’s got family coming down or what’s going on – he’s with Becka, Sid and Neal right now,” I told her, and both her and Lindsay pouted a little bit.

“Oh come on, he should come to supper with us or something,” Lindsay argued, and Jared nodded.

“Yeah he should – Cam’s awesome!”

“Just text him and see if he’s got any plans; Becka and the guys could come too,” Marc told me, and I sighed, pulling out my phone.

Hey, sorry to bother you – but my family wants to know if you want to come to supper with us. If not I totally get it – I’ll make up an excuse for you.

No, it’s okay. I’ll come; but is it cool if Becka comes with me?’ was her reply.

Of course! Thanks a million – you know you don’t have to do this,

It’s fine Jordy. I’ll see you later,’ she answered, before I relayed to my family that Cam could come for supper with us, as long as it was all right for Becka to come too.

“Of course! Oh this will be so nice to finally meet him! Is Becka Cam’s girlfriend?” mom asked.

“No; they’re best friends, and they live together in Pittsburgh,” I replied, to which she made a face.

“Oh, and you’re sure they’re best friends?”

“Yes mom; they’ve been best friends since they were three years old,” I told her, and she finally relaxed. “They’re basically like siblings.”

“Well that’s lovely then! Where do we want to go eat?” she asked, and soon the room was loud enough that Levi woke up, and then his hungry little cries took over the sounds in the room. Tanya and Eric left to go to their room and feed him, while Parker walked over to the bed, climbed up on it and then crawled onto my lap.

“Unca Cam come for supper?” he asked, and I nodded.

“You bet he is, and Becka too,” I told him. He let out a victorious little cheer before hugging me.

“Tank you Unca Jordy! Be fun!” he assured me. I laughed, hugging him back and seeing the humorous expressions on my family’s faces at the adorable three year old.

“Sure will,” I agreed, hoping like hell the little guy was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's an end-of-the-weekend chapter for you guys! Let me know what you think!!