Status: Completed

Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me

Chapter 72

“Unca Cam? Sweepy?” he asked, and I nodded, picking him up and settling him on my lap. It only took a few seconds for Linda to pull out some animal crackers for him and to have his cup full of milk beside me and within his reach.

“Thanks so much Linda; this is delicious,” I said, and she nodded at me.

“Seeing as it’s a special occasion and all, I figured some sweets would be appropriate,” she said, and I could hear the humming sound that Jared made in his throat while he demolished his second doughnut.

“Well, I better go see if the boys are up,” Linda said a few minutes later, leaving Jared, Parker and I alone. It was mere seconds before the other three guys burst into the room and all but trampled each other to get to the Tim Horton’s first. Jared and I just chuckled, and as soon as the dust had settled Parker waved to his father before crawling to the other side of the bed to sit on Eric’s lap. Eric’s face lit up, and I was glad that the novelty of a new friend had worn off of Parker so Eric wouldn’t feel so pushed out.

“All right; you boys start getting ready; it’ll be game time before you know it,” Linda ushered us all out to our own rooms to shower and get dressed. As soon as we were in the door I clapped a hand over my mouth so I wouldn’t let out any sound, and did the same to Jordan. Becka was curled up in bed, and sleeping on top of the comforter with his arms tightly around her was none other than Sid. Jordan’s eyes widened, and we backed out of the room as fast as was possible. We went back to Linda and Henry’s room, and Jordan knocked on the door.

“What’re you two doing back here?” Linda asked, and we both blushed.

“Well, uh, you see…” Jordan stumbled, and after taking a long breath I answered for him.

“Becka is asleep… and Sid’s curled up sleeping on top of the comforter.”

Linda’s eyes widened before a smile graced her face and she let us in. We sat on the bed and talked with her and Henry for about forty minutes, until we figured it was late enough that if they weren’t up they should be, before heading back to our room. They were awake, but just hardly, and looked sheepish when we walked in the door.

“H-hey,” Sid nearly squeaked out the words, his face a little pink as he and Becka shifted slightly away from each other. Jordan and I kept ourselves from laughing as they stuttered and stumbled over their words until Sid decided he was going back to his room to shower and get ready.

“So… you and Sid?” I asked, raising an eyebrow as her face turned a deep shade of pink.

“So?” she asked, trying to play it off like she wasn’t embarrassed although it was beyond obvious that she was.

“Was he here all night?” I asked, and although she didn’t give me an answer I knew already. And of course, because it was Sid, he had likely slept on top of the covers all night too.

“Maybe… it’s not like you two were here,” she pointed out, and I shrugged.

“I’m just curious! You ask for all the details about me and Jordy,” I reminded her, and she sighed.

“He took me out to a fancy restaurant for supper, and then we had dessert, and then we went for a walk, and it was so romantic,” Becka sighed, a dreamy expression on her face, and I couldn’t help but smile. She’d been head over heels for so long, it was nice to see her so happy about this.

“That sounds awesome,” I agreed, and she let out a giggle as she flopped backwards onto the bed. Only a few minutes later Jordan got out of the bathroom, his blonde hair still wet as he raised an eyebrow at us.

“What’s that look for?” he asked and I just shrugged.

“Nothing,” I grinned, and he smirked before leaning down and pressing a chaste kiss to my lips which made Becka stick her tongue out at us.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter! Midterms are not being nice to me :( But here's a new chapter!