Status: Completed

Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me

Chapter 74

“Oh,” I had a brain wave, and got up to put the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign on the door; that should help prevent any awkward situations from taking place, before I crawled back in with Jordan.

“I like these naps the best,” he said, nuzzling his face against my neck.

“Oh?”

“Mhmm, I love having you in my arms when I take a nap,” he told me, his voice already soft with sleep.

“The feeling’s mutual Jordy,” I replied, and soon after fell asleep.

Jordan's POV

“Hello? Are you two alive?” I managed to force my eyes open. The room was dark, and Cam was sleeping peacefully in my arms. I slowly untangled myself from her, and since I didn’t know who was at the door, moved my pillow to the other bed and messed the sheets up a little as if I’d been sleeping there. Then I went to the door, having to squint my eyes at the bright light, and saw Lindsay there.

“Hey?”

“Is Cam up? Tanya and I wanted to talk with him before dinner,” she said, peeking behind me into the room.

“No, he’s still out for the count,” I replied, and Lindsay huffed.

“What time will he get up?” she asked, and I went to look for my phone, before remembering I’d put it on the night stand before going to bed.

“What time is it?”

“It’s ten to four,”

“Give him about twenty minutes then; he’ll be up for sure then,” I told her, and she nodded, before giving me a quick hug. It still felt strange to hug Lindsay and feel the bump of her stomach, but every time it made me grin, because I couldn’t wait for her and Marc’s baby to arrive.

“Thanks Jordy, sorry for interrupting your sleep,” she said, but I shrugged. I usually woke up before Cam did anyway.

“Not a problem; I would’ve been up right about now anyway,” I assured her, and then she made her way back down the hallway towards her room. I guessed that her and Tanya were in one room talking while Marc and Eric were sleeping in the other room. I went back into our room, and stood there for a moment, watching Cam sleep. She looked so beautiful, her lips slightly parted, her long eyelashes against her cheeks, her hair in her face. She was right, she did need to get it cut soon otherwise she’d start looking more and more like a girl – she couldn’t pull off the Hartnell hair or anything like that, but I secretly wished she could just let it grow. I’d always had a thing for girls with long hair. But instead I let out a sigh and snuggled up to her. The past few days had been rough; it was so hard keeping this from my family and still trying to get ‘us’ time without somebody walking in… I hated it. I wanted to just be open about us, even if it was just to my parents or something, anything would make this easier. Jared knowing had been like a hundred pound weight off of my shoulders, and the way they acted around each other hadn’t changed. So why would it be any different with Marc and Eric?

Cam shifted in my arms, her brow pulled tight as something worried her in her sleep, and immediately I felt awful for my thoughts. If what I was going through was hard, what this was putting Cam through was nothing short of hell. She wanted to tell them, and I’d seen what this had been doing to her when she’d gotten sick and broken down. That had been tough, because I didn’t know what to do. I had no way of making her feel better, short of announcing to my family that she was actually a girl, and then I’d betray her trust, upset her, and send my family for a loop. I loved Cam, I wasn’t sure how much of this I could take.

“Jord?” her voice was throaty with sleep as her eyelashes fluttered. I pushed a few stray hairs away from her forehead and replaced my fingertips with my lips before answering her.

“Yeah?”

“Is it time to get up already?” she asked, and when I chuckled and replied yes she groaned and buried her face against me.

“Come on, up you get,” I told her, and with a huff she sat up, fisting the sleep from her eyes. I couldn’t resist; I leaned in and pressed a long kiss to her neck, letting my tongue run over her soft skin and making her shiver.

“Jordy,” her voice kept it’s softness, but gained a breathy quality as my name slipped past her lips. Shit if we kept this up I’d have to lock the door and have my way with her; this whole going without sex thing was hard. Don’t get me wrong – it was totally worth it, it was just hard. I couldn’t remember the last time I’d went this long without sex, I wasn’t sure if I had ever went this long without it.

“Babe,” I let my lips travel further, towards the soft dip in her collarbone and drawing a moan from her lips. I rolled on top of her, and her hands began to slide down my chest, toying with the hem of my T-shirt before sliding underneath. I suppressed my moan into a sort of grunt, the sensation of her fingertips trailing across my bare skin making my mind go into overdrive.

“Jord, we shouldn’t do this,” she choked out, and I let out a whine.

“Cam, it’s not like—” my argument was cut off and became invalid as there was hesitant knocking at the door. I groaned and rolled over onto the other half of the bed, taking a few deep breaths to get myself under control and making sure I was presentable to answer the door.

“See?” she raised an eyebrow at me.

“Pure coincidence,” I assured her, and when I opened the door saw my two sister’s-in-law waiting outside.

“Hey, what’s up?” I asked, and then Lindsay pushed past me to go inside.

“Cam? You up?”

“Yeah, I’m up,” she replied, running a hand through her hair and yawning.

“We want you to come help us with something,” Lindsay said, and I immediately had a bad gut feeling about whatever they had planned.

“With what?”

“Well, you know how there’s the formal thing after the game?” Tanya asked, making herself at home as well. Cam nodded, still not seeing what was going on. Immediately I groaned when I realized what the girls were up to, but Cam seemed clueless.

“Yeah, okay,” she allowed, and then Lindsay sighed.

“We want you to help us pick out dresses that Marc and Eric will like!” she burst, and Cam blushed slightly.

“You’re sure you want me to come?” she asked, and both blondes nodded excitedly.

“Yes, you have fantastic tastes Cam! Please?” Lindsay all but begged, and finally Cam caved.

“Okay, okay, but I need to eat by like five, five thirty at the latest,” she said, and both girls squealed in delight as they launched themselves at Cam to hug her.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!” Tanya said, before ruffling Cam’s hair playfully.

“Told you we could count on Cam!” Lindsay added, squeezing Cam tightly.

“Okay, I’m just gonna shower real quick and then I’ll meet you in Henry and Linda’s room?” Cam suggested, and after they thanked her several more times the girls left.

“That’s random,” she said, and I nodded, sitting down beside her.

“I’ve got a funny feeling about this,” I sighed, wrapping my arm around her as she leaned her head on my shoulder.

“Why’s that?”

“I don’t know, I just do,” I told her, and after a moment she got up to go shower and get ready to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a new chapter for you guys! :)