Status: Completed

Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me

Chapter 92

Jared's P.O.v.

The next day was just as exciting for Parker and I; the Penguins were playing Vancouver, and all Parker could talk about all day was the hockey game. I was just as excited as my nephew, but I was a little more reserved in showing it.

Cam and Jordan looked at ease during their morning skate; it had been a fairly easy-going one; just running a few drills, loosening up muscles, that sort of thing. When we got back to Jordan’s apartment though they both seemed a little nervous, and edgy. Cam couldn’t sit still, and so after lunch decided she’d bake cookies. Of course this sounded like great fun to Parker, so he was sitting on the counter beside her ‘helping’.

“What’s with you two today? You’re acting all weird,” I asked as I sat down on the couch beside my brother. He shrugged, and scratched behind his ear, searching for an answer.

“I don’t know… I just have a weird feeling about today, that’s all. Last time that happened was when the whole Philadelphia thing happened, and I don’t want to see her get hurt again. She got mad at me for stepping in and finishing her fight with Talbot the last time we played them,” he sighed, and I chuckled a little at the thought. Cam would get pissed, and probably chewed Jordan out just as badly as she had Talbot.

“I would’ve killed to see her chewing you out,” I grinned, and Jordan playfully swatted at me. “But seriously, that’s kind of weird, I mean, has it happened more than once?”

“I had kind of the same feeling when the girls wanted to take Cam shopping with them – when they knew or found out she was a girl or whatever,” he replied, and I just shrugged. I really had no answer for him.

“I don’t know what to tell you Jord; just keep an eye out for her on the ice?” I suggested, and he nodded.

“That was the plan,” he chuckled, and then Parker raced to the living room to announce that the cookies were done, and tugged at our hands until we followed him into the kitchen.

“Chocolate Chip? Cam how did you know those were my favorite?” I asked, and grinned at her when she shot me a confused look.

“Oh, you know, just this whole psychic sibling thing we’ve got going on,” she teased back, and Jordan laughed as he picked up Parker.

“Jeeze, couldn’t even make your best friend’s favorite kind of cookies?” he asked, and she shrugged.

“I don’t know what kind your favorite are,” she replied, and Jordan thought on it for a minute.

“Double chocolate chip,” he decided, and I had to laugh. Jordan had a killer sweet tooth, and it came as no surprise to me that his favorite would have as much chocolate in it as was possible.

“Well we’ll make that next time,” she informed him as I took a still warm cookie off of the plate and popped it into my mouth. The chocolate melted in my mouth, and to be honest I think it gave my mom’s cookies a serious run for their money.

“So good,” I told her, and gave her a thumbs up. We each had a cookie before going to the living room and watching some TV – Parker cuddled up between Cam and Jordan on the couch with his Cubby and Gronk beside him as we watched Franklin with him. When two-thirty came around it was time for Cam and Jordan to have their pre-game nap, and Parker was starting to nod off too.

“Nap time,” I announced as I picked him up. He giggled, before snuggling into my chest when I sat down at the far end of the couch. Cam said goodnight to Parker and then ruffled my hair as she walked by me, and Jordan did the same, turning around the corner down the hall and moments later the bedroom door quietly shut.

I dozed on and off for just about two hours, and thought I heard knocking at the door. The clock on the television said it was four thirty, and I figured my brother and Cam must have overslept a little. So I softly moved my nephew to the couch; tucking the blanket around him and making sure his stuffed animals were at his side, before going to answer the door.

“Hey Jare-” Eric said, but I shushed him immediately.

“Everybody’s sleeping,” I hissed, and he nodded, giving me a hug instead of speaking. Tanya walked in behind him, and I gave her a hug too before planting a soft kiss to my other nephew’s forehead.

“Where’s Park?” she asked, and I motioned to the couch.

“Out like a light bulb – we took him to the zoo yesterday and he had a lot of fun watching the morning skate today,” I explained, and she nodded. Eric was sitting by his son’s feet already, watching his three year old sleep peacefully.

“Eric missed him like crazy,” she whispered, and I nodded. I knew it was going to be hard on my brother, but at the same time it was probably a good learning experience for both father and son.

“So where’s Jordy?” Eric asked a few moments later as he walked back to the kitchen with Tanya, Levi and I.

“Having a nap, he should be up about now,” I said, and Eric got a smirk on his face.

“I’ll just go wake him up,” he said, and started walking down the hallway. I started to laugh, until I remembered that Jordan wasn’t by himself.

“No, Eric that’s okay – I’ll do it,” I quickly argued, but Eric kept shrugging me off.

“Jordan! Time to get your ass out… of… bed…” Eric’s words slowed as he realized Jordan wasn’t alone in his huge bed. As the two figures slowly sat up and stretched his eyes widened before his face turned a bright shade of red.

“What the fuck…?” he asked, and I saw Jordan’s face pale when he realized it hadn’t been me who’d woke him up. He’d pushed himself up onto his elbows to see what was going on, and I saw his eyes dart to Cam who was trying to distance herself from Jordan in the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN!!! Now y'all know why I was wanting to post chapters ASAP!! Let me know what you think!