Status: Completed

Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me

Chapter 96

The kettle began to whistle so I got up to get my mom her tea, and put a few cookies I’d made right before playoffs onto a plate to put on the coffee table, knowing Jordan wouldn’t be able to resist.

“Cookies? Are you trying to get me into trouble?” he groaned as he saw what was on the plate. I just smiled as innocently as I could at him and he huffed before taking one.

“Young grasshopper, it is to test your self control,” I told him in a silly voice, to which he whined.

“You know I don’t have any when it comes to home-made stuff,”

“That’s why we’re working on it,” I grinned, leaning back into him. Mom watched us quietly, and I was almost worried that she’d burst into tears again. I was glad she seemed to like Jordan; I don’t know what I would’ve done if she hadn’t.

We sat visiting for an hour, until it was time for lunch. Mom and I made chicken fettuccini alfredo and Jordan helped wherever we told him to. We ate quietly and then mom realized we needed to have a nap.

“I’ll just watch some TV or read or something. I’m assuming you’re staying here?” she asked Jordan, who sheepishly nodded.

“As long as Cam isn’t planning on kicking me out,” she grinned at him and eyed me.

“How could I sleep without my giant cuddle-buddy?” I asked, wrapping my arms around his waist before reaching up on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek. His face turned a pleasant shade of pink before he picked me up bridal style to carry me to my room.

“The way you do every night?” he asked, sounding a little confused. I rolled my eyes at him, making mom laugh again.

“Not the point Jordy,” I grinned, and he just shrugged before carrying me to my room, closing the door with his foot. He gently deposited me on the bed, before moving onto his hands and knees overtop of me and kissing me.

“Your mom’s really nice, I think she even likes me,” he said between kisses.

“She does; I’m really happy about that. I don’t know what I would’ve done if she didn’t like you,” I admitted to him, and he chuckled, laying down on top of me. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, both hands in the baby-soft hair at the nape of his neck as I looked up into his beautiful sky-blue eyes.

“Probably broke up with me,” he decided, to which I shook my head.

“I wouldn’t want to do that Jordy,” I said, and he kissed my cheek.

“Earlier when I said… I didn’t scare you, did I?” he asked, taking me by surprise.

“No,” I told him, although I was maybe a little unsure.

“It’s just… I’m sorry to say it out of nowhere with your mom here, but I really did mean it. I was hoping to be all romantic and everything when I said it, but it just felt right,” he continued, and I smiled as I buried my face into his neck.

“I thought it was romantic,” I told him, and he kissed my temple.

“I love you Cam,”

“I love you too Jordan,”