Status: Writing Chapters by hand...

This Is Not the End

I'm Falling Faster, Fade To Black

Elise’s POV

“I love you,” Rodney said. He had his hand in mine and was looking down at me. His chocolate brown eyes met mine. I froze, not knowing what to say. I stood there with my mouth agape. Something changed in his eyes. His face contorted with impatience.

“I said, ‘I love you,’” he said, tightening his grip on my hand.

“I- I heard you… I’m thinking.” I stammered. Rodney’s grip on my hands was so tight, I could feel the circulation slowing fading away. “Rodney, you’re hurting me…” I gasped. Rodney started twisting my arm until finally my knees gave way and I was on the floor. Tears started pouring out of my eyes and a sob escaped my lips.

“Rodney, let go… please.” I pleaded.

Rodney twisted my arm again. “Not until you say it!” he snarled.

“I love you too!” I gasped. Rodney’s grip loosened and he lifted me to my feet.

“That’s better,” He said, kissing me. “Now, was that so hard?” he added, rubbing my arms. I shook my head. Rodney wrapped himself around me and pulled me close.


The sound of a horn blasting through the air shook me from my thoughts. I looked up to see a set of blinding headlights in front of me. In a fit of panic, I swerved back to the right, almost hitting another car. I veered off the road and slammed into a pole. It all happened so fast. My head slammed against the steering wheel and the pole snapped and moved forward, crashing on top of the car. I was pinned with my head still against the dash.

I closed my eyes and tried to shut out the sound of the car horn, blaring in the silence of the night. The pain in my head was excruciating, and I could feel a sharp pain in my forearm. I sat there, expecting to hear sirens sounding in the distance. I expected to hear voices all around me, checking to see if I was alive. None of that came. I was alone and the only sound I could hear was the car horn blaring in the night.

My thoughts were reeling. I thought about Jacky; how I must have hurt him. I should have stayed, and instead my own fear prompted me to flee. I cared about him so much. He was the first decent guy I had met in a long time. I thought about Max and how worried he would be. He must know by now that I ran away.

The door beside me opened and I felt my seatbelt loosen. I felt myself being pulled out of the car slowly. Someone was carrying me. I opened my eyes, but couldn’t see the face of my savior. All I saw were street lights blinding my sight. My head felt heavy and my eyes began to close. Everything around me went dark and I couldn’t hear a sound.

I was drifting in a sea of warmth. I opened my eyes. I couldn’t recognize the place I was in. Everything was white and I felt oddly safe. My eyesight was clearer than it ever had been before. In the distance, I could see a shadow approaching. As it came closer and closer, my anticipation grew.

“Hello?” I heard myself say. I don’t think my lips moved. The shape was becoming more pronounced, and I could see the shape of a woman coming closer to me. Her face finally came into view. She had green eyes and careworn face. Her hair was long and brown. She was wearing a long, white robe that seemed to emit an eerie glow.

“Mom, is that you?” I said. The woman nodded and looked behind her. Another shape was coming out of the distance. It was a man, this time. He came into view, and I recognized him as my father.

“Daddy?” I said, not believing what I was seeing.

“Am I in a dream?” I asked.

“You are,” the vision of my mother replied.

“Where am I?” I asked.

“In a safe place,” my father said.

“I feel lost… I don’t know what to do…” I said.

“You will find yourself soon. You are not lost, you are simply afraid.” My mother said.

“I miss you. Both of you… I wish things were different. I need you guys.” I said.

“We are never far away, Ellie. We never left you.” My father said.

“It’s my fault that you are gone…” I said, looking away from them. I felt my mother’s hands on my shoulder, though the feeling was not all there. I looked into her eyes.

“We did what we had to do to protect you, baby. It is not your fault…” she said. I looked to my father and he nodded.

Suddenly, an odd sensation spread over my face. The visions of my parents began to fade away as my surroundings became darker with every passing moment. My heart began to race and I stretched my arms out, groping for my mother.

“DON’T LEAVE ME!” I pleaded. It was too late; they were gone and I was left alone in darkness.


My eyes fluttered open, but my vision was blurred. I heard breathing next to me. I blinked, trying to clear my sight. I tried to sit up, but felt something on my right arm restraining me. I looked to my right and saw something shiny bound to my wrist. I looked down at my left arm and saw that it had been bandaged up. I looked up and saw a man, but it was too dark to see his face.

“Well, well, well… look who’s finally awake.” A snide voice said. I knew that voice. A light filled the room, casting a shadow over his features.

I squinted as my eyes adjusted to the sudden change of light. The figure leaned in close, and I saw his face.

It was Riley.

Panic filled my heart as I struggled to sit up. Riley pushed me back down and held me there.

“What are you doing?! Where am I?” I asked.

Riley didn’t speak; instead, he reached in his pocket and pulled out a small bottle of clear liquid and a needle. He opened the needle and injected it into the bottle. He drew its contents into the syringe and withdrew it. He set the needle on his lap, and pulled off his belt. He wrapped the belt around my upper left arm and tightened it. He picked the needle back up and stuck it into my forearm.

“No… stop. I don’t want…” I was saying. Riley lifted a finger to my lips and shushed me.

“Quiet, you’ll only make it worse, you stupid bitch.” He said.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked. Riley stood up and glared at me.

“You know why.” He said, and he clicked off the light and walked out of the room. I felt the drugs sink into my system as panic spread through me. I struggled to move my right arm, but it was bound to something. I realized that it was a pair of handcuffs. I was trapped. Tears poured out of my eyes as I felt myself slipping into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh shit!

Thanks again to dead masquerade. I love you! :-)

Tell me what you think!