Status: Writing Chapters by hand...

This Is Not the End

Falling Faster, Fade to Black

Elise's POV

It had been a week and I was still being held hostage at Riley's. He was sweet to me, but I missed Jacky. He was all I thought about, all I dreamed about. I wanted to go back in time, and say sorry to him for running away. I wanted to tell him I loved him. I realized that with every passing day. Riley kept me really high on pain meds. I figured he was doing it on purpose, because when they wore off, I wasn't in any pain. My arm twinged, but nothing major.

“Hey you...” I heard Riley say from the doorway. I sat up.

“When the fuck can I go home?” I asked.

“Oh, is that how it is? I fucking take care of you and you respond this way?” Riley retorted as he came further into the room. There was something off about him...something different in his eyes.

“No... Riley... I just want to go home. Jacky and Max must be worried sick...” I said, averting my eyes from him.

“Well you aren't going home. You live here now.” He snapped.

“No, Riley. I want to go home!” I dared to shout.

Riley's eyes grew wide with rage. He stepped across the room with such a quickness, I didn't even have time to blink. He raised his and brought it down, hard across my cheek. I recoiled, putting my hand over my cheek. He brought his hand back up and I flinched again.

“Anything else you want to fucking say?” He screamed.

I started crying. “I just w-w-want to s-s-see J-Jack-y-y.” I sobbed. Riley's eyes widened with rage once more as he brought his hand down again and again, using blunt force with each blow.

“I FUCKING TOOK CARE OF YOU! I FUCKING CARE ABOUT YOU! AND YOU DON'T FUCKING CARE, YOU UNGRATEFUL, DIRTY, FUCKING WHORE!” he screamed as he delivered each blow. He got on the bed and used both hands to hit me with. I screamed and I cried.

“I know how the fuck to handle you.” He sneered as he undid his belt and pulled his pants down. He wrenched down the boxers I was wearing. I tried to push him off, but I couldn't, not with one arm. I started screaming because I knew what was about to happen. I screamed louder as he forced his way into me.

“STOP! PLEASE STOP!” I screamed, pounding on his chest with my free hand. I ripped and clawed, and went for his throat. All I managed to do was rip his necklace off. He didn't seem to notice though, he kept building up speed, finding rhythm. I could smell the blood running off my face and feel the tears streaming down my cheeks.

“Riley, stop!” I said. I felt him finish inside me and he climbed off.

“That'll teach you. I'm going out.” he said, leaving the room. I heard the front door slam shut. I laid there and cried. I pulled the boxers up and rolled over. I felt something cold pressing against my exposed flesh. I sat up and groped around the bed for it. I latched on to it and lifted it to my face so I could see it. I sat up, my eyes wide with disbelief.

It was the key to my handcuffs.

My excitement was short lived. I heard Riley enter the house again. I stuffed the key under my tongue and threw the chain on the floor. He came into the room with a syringe and a bottle.

“I almost forgot.” he said as he inserted the needle into the bottle and jammed it into my vein. He stood up and left me alone again. I spat the key out onto my chest. I could feel the drugs seeping into my system, so I knew I had to act fast. I grabbed the key, gripping it tightly between my fingers. I brought it up to the cuffs and struggled to find the keyhole. It took me a minute, but I found it. I turned the key and pulled.

I was free.

I sat up and swung my legs over the bed and stood up. The sudden movement sent blood rushing to my head, and I almost fell. I wobbled my way to the door, and opened it. I stumbled through the empty apartment and quickly found the door. I wrenched it open and stumbled back as the sun's rays poured into the apartment. I squinted and stumbled outside, leaving the door wide open.

I started walking in any direction, feeling the drugs clouding my mind. Everything felt weird. Everything looked weird. I could feel people on the street staring at me. I walked into someone. I clung onto their shirt.

“Help me, please!” I slurred. The person grunted with disgust and pushed me away.

“Help me, someone please... help...” I moaned as I stumbled down the street. I swayed from side to side as I moved forward. My weight shifted too far left, and I felt myself falling sideways on to grass and rolling down into a ditch. I struggled to get to my feet, failing each time I tried.

“Help...” I moaned.

“Elise? Elise Green? Are you Elise Green?” I heard someone ask. It was a voice that I thought I have heard from somewhere.

“Yes...” I said. I felt the person crouch beside me.

“Oh my God... I can't believe it. Everyone's been worried!” the voice said. I looked up. There was the blurry image of a man above me.

“Who... who are you?” I asked slowly.

“I'm Monte. Monte Money. I'm a friend of Max's. You're going to be okay.” he replied. He scooped me up and carried me out of the ditch. I then, felt myself being shoved into a car.

“Max, you aren't going to believe this.” Monte was saying.

Pause.

“I found her. I fucking found her. Elise. I have her.” he said.

Pause.

“Yeah, she's right here.” Monte said. “Here, Max wants to talk to you.” A phone was held up to my ear.

“Ellie, please... tell me it's you...” I smiled at the familiarity of Max's voice.

“Max... I'm so sorry... I'm sorry...” I mumbled. My stomach churned. I flung myself forward and felt my mouth open, spewing everything I had eaten onto the car floor.

“Ugh... She threw up. Meet me at the hospital. She looks like she's been beaten.” Monte said. The car started moving. I leaned back and closed my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait.