Status: This story is still in the making! If you likey, telly? Haha thanks guys, and i hope you have as much fun reading it as we do making it! :D

Camp Half-Blood Heroes

Camp Halfblood Heros Chapter 39

Derek had no idea what was going on inside the big house, but from what everyone else was saying it seemed like a pretty big deal that a meeting was held instead of their usual after dinner games. He took a quick look around the empty archery field, realizing that the archers were probably inside since it was too dark to shoot anything anyway. With a small smirk he made his way over to the wooden, large, cabin and as he was about to place his hand on the knob, a rattling from the other side forced him to stop in his tracks. Derek quickly dove to the side, and landed straight into a strawberry bush just as the door swung open and Caly and the other kid he saw earlier walked out. 'Oh wow.' he thought to himself when he saw that the light haired dude had no shirt on. They seemed to be talking about something serious, since the girl had a troubled look on her face as if she had to make a choice between saving a puppy or a bunny from a burning house. Burning. The thought immediately brought a warm sensation into the palm of his hands and as he looked down, he yelped sending a blaze of flame up highlighting the dark sky. ''Fuck fuck fuck'' he got up quickly, to slap the burning bushes out of its misery, but when he finally got the flames to die, he turned around to only see that he had been caught red handed. Literally. His hands were a scorching pink and seeing Caly with her eyes wide opened and her hand over her mouth, he knew this can not be good. "Uh...hey guys? haha." He said trying to sound as innocent as possible. Pfft. Riiigghhtt. "Dude...wh-" Aj, the boy whom he had finally recognized to be had the same bewildered look as the girl next to him. "What?" He groaned, and when they didn't answer he just shook his head and put up his hands in a 'Yo! I'm not a freak!' kind of way and said "Listen. Don't tell anybody you saw that alright? I wasn't spyi-...ok maybe I was but hey, ya can't blame a guy with ADHD for snooping." Derek rubbed the back of his head with one hand, not even feeling the burns he had supposedly gotten. He knew they would be gone within 30 minutes, but he knew he had to sit down. He was feeling lightheaded again. Ever since he had turned 10 endless shit keeps coming after him but when he found out that he had awesome, epic, magical firey powers...he thought it'd get easier. He thought he would be able to change the world. But of course he was wrong. Derek sat down on the ground where he was and didn't look up when Caly sat down by his side, with Aj right behind her. "Hey." She said with a small smile. She had this kind of sympathetic look on her face, that Derek always hated but he couldn't blame her. Derek tapped his fingers on the ground, when Caly looked up at the poseidon kid, and they seemed to be trading back and forth a silent conversation. 'Gods, can they make it anymore obvious' he thought shaking his head, hiding a laugh. He knew they liked each other but like every one else he knew...they were too shy to make a move. "Listen, I appreciate your thoughtfullness and all that but ya know.." He got up pretending to stretch and yawn, "Its awfully late. I'm probably gonna hit the ha-" "Wait up." Aj piped up, and the serious look on his face suddenly turned into a grin. "Wanna come with us on a quest? Were gonna need a guy like you." Aj slapped Derek on the back, as Caly just stood there with her hands by her side, smiling. Derek's hand went to his pocket, and he lets out a sigh of relief when he realizes his wallet was still there. Caly seemed to sense what he was thinking, since she immediately rolled her eyes and said, "Chill kid, I want nothing from you. you in or not?" Derek had no idea what to say. So he said the first word that came into his head. "What the HELL are you talking about?" Caly and Aj exchanged glances and simultaneously, they grabbed him by both arms and dragged him against his will, into the big, scary(well now its scary), wooden house and shuts the door behind him.