Status: Came up with this while listening to "All Your Life" by The Band Perry

All Your Life

Good Luck

Evelyn sat in her room everyday going through song after song, trying to find the perfect one. Every day while going through songs, she would come back to the same song and eventually decided that she would sing it for the talent show, which was now just a few days away.

~~~~~~

While walking through town, Evelyn once again ran into Ryder.

“Hey Ryder.” Evelyn said with a smile.

“Hey Eve, figured out what you’re doing for the talent show?”

“Sure have, I can’t wait for you to hear it either!” Even though she said she could not wait, Evelyn was as nervous as could be. ‘What if he hates it? What if he stops talking to me after he hears the song?’ were the questions running through her head.

“Then if you can’t wait, neither can I.” Ryder said excitedly. The truth is Ryder was starting to think Evelyn was a very beautiful girl, but refused to say anything fearing what she would say.

“Well, I need to get to work. See you later Eve.” Ryder said running off to work.

“Bye Ryder, see you later!”

~~~~~~

Today was the day everyone would see, Evelyn Harris has a hidden talent and secret. No longer would she be singing to the wall of her bedroom, but to the whole town, including Ryder Martin. Evelyn was practicing her song all day, making sure it was perfect. She even performed it in front of her sister, so she could get some feedback on if there were problems. Time flew while she was practicing and it was finally time for the show, and the butterflies were fluttering as she walked to the show.

“Evelyn you’re here!” Ryder shouted when seeing her. “I was kind of afraid you might get nervous and not show.” Ryder said this quietly while finding his feet very interesting.

“I’m not going to lie to you, I’m extremely nervous. I’m not going to chicken out though, I really want to get up there and perform.” That is exactly what Evelyn was going to do, perform her song, but not for the audience, for Ryder. Even if she had to wait through several performances, she was going to perform.

To Evelyn’s surprise, the other performances ended as quickly as they began, even Ryder’s performance seemed to end quickly. Finally, it was Evelyn’s turn to perform.

“Good luck, Eve!” Ryder said as she walked past him; for an unknown reason, those three little words gave Evelyn the confidence boost she needed. She now knew that she could do this, she could let Ryder know her true feelings.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know, but after all this is a short story and I owe all of this to The Band Perry. If they never wrote their song "All Your Life" then I would probably never written this story.

~Messages and Subscriptions welcomed, Thanks for reading! :)