Status: Coming Soon

It's Kind Of A Funny Story

Chapter Eight

To say Letty was happy would be an understatement. She was beyond ecstatic that Zack knew everything and she didn't have to hide anymore. Letty knew Zacky would be a good part of Zaiden's life now that he was in it. Zaiden was to young to understand what was going on now and why there was a new man in the picture, but she knew when the time came, Zack would be the one to explain it to his son.

Right at the moment Letty was packing an overnight bag for Zaiden. It was a Friday afternoon and also the first weekend Zaiden would be spending with Zack. Letty was a little nervous, but she knew she couldn't be every time Zaiden stayed with Zack. Zaiden was used to Zack by now, ever since he came over to see him. Zack would come over every night for dinner to spend a little more time with his little clone.

A knock on the door and a loud squeal caused Letty to shake her head from her thoughts. She put the shirt she had in her hand in the bag and zipped it close. Swinging the bag over her shoulder she walked out of Zaiden's room while shutting off the light. She heard a female voice and the laughter of Zaiden coming from the living room.

Setting down the black and green backpack, Letty leaned against the door way and stared at Zaiden with his godmother. Leana swung Zaiden around in the air, laughing as the little boy did. She set him down on his feet before looking over at Letty. Leana's eyebrows scrunched in confusion at the backpack next to Letty's feet.

"Going somewhere?"

"Not me."

"You mean..?"

"Yup."

Leana covered her mouth before breaking out into her signature grin.

"Well I'll be damned."

"Yeah. I'm shaking with nerves, but I know I'm going to have to learn to not be so nervous."

Letty walked over and sat next to Leana while watching Zaiden gather up all his toys and stuff them into his toy box.

"Let, he is going to be fine. If Zack is as fatherly as you say he has been these past few weeks, then it will be fine."

Letty ran a hand threw her freshly cut short hair as she let out a loud sigh.

"I'm just being mama bear."

"Major mama bear. Now.." Leana patted Letty's thigh, "Since it is a Friday night, I already called Kameron and he is meeting us at nine."

"And where are we going?"

"Just wait and see."

Before Letty could pester Leana further, the buzzer on the intercom beeped. Letty looked at the time and knew Zack was here for Zaiden already. The nerves she thought she had gotten rid of came floating back as she got up to let him in. Pushing the button as soon as she set foot near it, Letty let out another deep breath as she waited for Zack.

A tugging on her pant leg caused Letty to look down at her beautiful baby boy. His big green curious eyes looking into her chocolate brown ones. She bent down to pick him up just a s knock sounded on the door. Letty shifted Zaiden on her hip before unlatching the locks and opening the door.

Zack stood on the other side, his mouth turned up into an instant smile as he set his identical green eyes on his son.

"Hey buddy!"

Zaiden squealed once again before reaching his tiny arms out for Zack to take him. Zack instantly grabbed him before Letty turned around and went to grab his bag. Zack followed her into the living room where a distracted Leana sat on her phone. She stopped mid text to look up at the new addition to the apartment. With a nod of her head Leana greeted Zack.

"Baker."

"Hello Leana."

Letty rolled her eyes at the stiff manner of their greeting before picking up Zaidens bag and handing it to Zacky.

"So I put a few outfits in there and his pull-ups. His toothbrush and other things he might need. His sippy cup and.." Zacky held his hand up for Letty to stop rambling.

"Letty, I have clothes and everything for him at the house. For God sakes women he has his own room!"

Letty smiled at the thought of Zack being committed enough to give Zaiden his own room. She felt a little better knowing Zaiden was in good hands. His fathers' hands.

"Alright, well...I'll see you in a few days baby." Letty said as she stroked Zaiden's hair and leaned in to kiss his cheek.

"Bye mama." Letty smiled as she stood back and smiled at Zack. Zaiden waved to Leana as she Zack led them out of the door.

Letty watched Zack and Zaiden walk into the elevator before pulling her body back inside and shutting the door. Turning around, she came face to face with a grinning Leana.

"Now, let's get you sexy and hot mama!"

Letty laughed as Leana pulled her towards her bedroom to get ready for their night out.
______

The amount of alcohol Letty had consumed the night before was catching up to her as she rolled around in her bed the next morning. The dress Leana had made her wear was thrown on the floor and she was simply in her underwear and bra. As she groggily sat up to get out of bed, the headache she was hoping would stay away didn't exactly grant her wishes. She held her head between her hands as she pushed the covers off of her with her long legs.

Walking to the bathroom was a difficult process, but she managed to find her way. She searched for the aspirin in her un organized medicine cabinet before finally finding it and happily opening it. Stuffing two pills in her mouth, Letty grabbed the cup next to her sink and filled it up with water to swallow her pills. Hoping to feel much better after a shower, Letty undressed herself before turning on the shower and stepping in.

She couldn't exactly remember what had happened last night or how she even got home. She does however remember Leana handing her drink after drink and meeting Kameron's new boyfriend. Nice guy, didn't drink much though. He was the designated driver, Letty figured he drove her home and carried her inside.

After her shower Letty decided to get some cleaning done around the house. It has been a while since she was alone and she was going to take full advantage of that fact. Even though the apartment was too quiet without her baby boy, she knew that it was going to take some time getting used to. For the first year of Zaiden's life, Letty had nobody but Leana to lean on.

She knew it was her fault that she had abandoned everybody and she knew it was her fault Zack didn't have a part in Zaiden's life. The thing she hates most about everything though, is the fact that ever since Zack came back into her life, her feelings for him changed. In her head she thought it was normal to feel that way about your baby's father. You have this special bond with him that you just can't break. In a way she knew it was bullshit, but she wasn't about to admit to anyone, not even herself, that she has feelings for the guy she drunkenly had sex with at her best friends wedding, and got pregnant.

Letty loves Zaiden with all her being, and a real family for him is everything she ever wanted, but she knew it was wishful thinking. Zack is with Gena and Letty is just a friend he has a kid with. Groaning out loud, Letty put the last of the dishes in the dishwasher before turning it on.

"I am an idiot." Letty said out loud as she went for sweeping next.

She would just have to keep herself distracted with work and Zaiden and only see Zack when necessary, 'cause this whole crush thing was just crazy.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guy's....
I am beyond sorry!

So here's the deal:

1. I'm going to start updating this story on Thursday's. I figured having a safe and secure schedule is what I need for my hectic life at the moment.

2. I just moved from Houston to San Antonio and I'm living on my own now. It was a lot of work and a lot of patience, but I'm finally on track.

3. I got another job again, and my schedule is a little less crazy then when I worked at my old job, so that's good.

4. I did have writers block for a while with this story, but I'm doing okay now.

and finally

5. I have been writing new material non-stop since I moved. I have about two original stories that I'm working on and a new Zacky story with a twist. A few one-shots in line too, so I'm pretty excited about starting to upload those.

Again I am super duper uber sorry for taking so gosh darn long on this, but I hope you guys are still with me and continue to read and support my stories. My commenter's and subscribers mean the world to me!

<3
purple17

p.s. Sorry this chapter is so short
p.p.s. COMMENT; RATE; SUBSCRIBE

:)