Down The Beaten Path There Is Love

Down The Beaten Path There Is Love

Prologue

The weather today was beautiful, the wind blowing in my face. I looked down at the sculpture.

Lilian Julie Petters:
A wonderful mother, a beloved daughter, a true fighter.

It was my fault my mother died. My fault... all our pictures died in the fire. She is fading quickly from my memory, after my mother died from the accident my father started blaming me, he would constantly beat me up whenevr he came back from the bar. Everyday was a battle to survive. I would always come to mothers grave to hide; now I just come and visit.

I now live with my best friend, Cassandra. If it wasn't for her I don't think I would be alive.

Flashback:

"Sorry about the mess" I said. Broken beer bottles and beer cans were all over the floor tile; dirty clothes were everywhere, dishes were overflowing the sink and the counters.

"Are you sure it's fine that I come over? I mean you never invite me over."

"I know but my dad works late tonight, besides it's the only day we can work on our projects since we're busy every other day. Plus my house is the closest. "We walked up the stairs into the hallway; I opened the door on the right. My walls were colored purple, but my walls were plain no posters or pictures cover my walls. Nothing that would show my personality, my weakness, nothing that could cause other people harm.

30 minutes into our project and we were already making progress. Then I heard the door slam shut, and I heard my father call out "Lauren, where are you?!" he slurred, as he walked up the stairs.

My eyes widened in fear, what is he doing back so early? i ran to the door and locked it, i looked back at Cassandra, she had a confused look on her face. I grabbed her arm and pushed her into the closet, grabbed her bag and her school supplies and shoved them in there too.

"Whatever you do, don't make a sound. Cover your ears too" I said frantically.

"Wait Lauren" and I shut the door.

The door knob would repeatably turn until he slammed his body into it and it opened.

"You bitch! You answer me when I'm fucking calling you!" he rushed towards me, grabbed me from behind and slammed me to the ground. I let out a scream.
"Please stop it."
"You ungrateful bitch!" he punched me in the stomach with such force, I felt my ribs crack. He proceeded to punch and kick me in the face and stomach until I was no longer fighting back. Then he straddled my lap, ripped my shirt...........

******

I woke up in the hospital with Cassandra by my side, her parents outside the room were talking to the doctor and a couple of police officers were outside by the door. After the incident Cassandra's parents took me into their home they have been so kind and generous, sometimes I feel like Im part of the family. I still get nightmares sometimes, about him escaping prison and coming to kill me in my sleep. I always expect Mr. and Mrs. Sierra to get angry for waking them up and beating me but they always come and comfort me instead. There is still so much I need to learn about life and love. I hope with the right people I can find that.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a new story i have decided to try out, ppl please give some feedback!
(i especially want comments, lots of them)