When You're Feeling Alone

“Annabella, I love you.” His words came warm against my neck in the thick cold air that surrounded us like a blanket. I pushed him lightly away, forcing back the few tears that came to my eyes. He hadn’t acted this way in years, ever since we were back in high school. I forced a light smile, wrapped up in his thick Eskimo jacket that he wore every day, it seemed, now. He had come back to Britain just 2 days ago, to renew his Visa card so he could tour with Falling in Reverse, the band that he was a part of now.

“I love you too Jacky. You’ll never know how much you mean to me.” I whispered into his arms that he now held me in.

“When do you start touring again?” I asked silently as we walked through the December snow, to the nearest coffee shop. As we came around the corner, snow pelted our faces as it fell off of the rooftops. We shrieked like little kids and ran until we came to a stop at the nearest coffee shop. I opened the door for Jacky to enter, but he insisted that I go in first.
“Ladies first.” He insisted as he held the door open for me like a gentlemen would. I smiled and politely thanked him as I walked inside, him following close behind. He ordered for us as he suggested that I get a table. I agreed, of course, and found a table close to the counter so that he wouldn’t have to walk very far to reach me.

He came back with our orders and sat down, sliding me my iced coffee as he sipped his frappe chino rather loudly. I was used to this. He always liked to draw attention to himself. I laughed as Jacky continued, but later I told him to shut up, because people were staring. He didn’t pay any attention to the others who gave him awkward looks as he slurped his frappe.

I first met Jacky when we were 7, right when he started playing. He was good for his age, just starting out as a brand new guitarist. I’d go over to his place every day. He’d show me his guitar. He’d teach me the strings. He’d teach me the riffs. He’d teach me the chords. He’d teach me everything. We dated ever since high school and every night, he’d tell me that he loved me and said that I was his world. Of course, I would always smile back with an, “I love you too Jacky. I wouldn’t be happier with anyone else, but you.”

That would always get him smiling. We’d just sit for a few minutes in silence, just smiling about how good our relationship was, but that was before he joined the band and went to America, away from me. He’d call me every night and still tell me the same sentence, “I love you Annabella. I’ll never do anything to hurt you. I’ll never leave you. I’ll always love you.”

He was away for almost a year until I saw him again for a week. 7 days was all I had with him, and that was it. 7 days that we’d be able to spend together. The first day, he stayed over at my apartment. Second day, he took me out for coffee and frappe chinos. Third day we strolled the streets of London England. Fourth day we went to Wales, where he was born and raised. Fifth, he took me dancing out my harbor on the docks. Sixth, we went to get his Visa renewed, just so he wouldn’t forget about it later. The seventh day was rather special…
  1. It Goes On For So Long
    Annabella's POV