Status: Comment to join :) [active]

Studio Madness

Private Singing

-Kairos-

I stood in the lobby, my hair was in a messy bun and I stared at the band that was standing in front of everyone. I didn’t know who they were at all, and I watched as all of the other girls fawned over them. I looked around and caught Luke doing the same thing. His eye sight caught mine and I mouthed ‘Who are they?’. He looked at me and shrugged.

I laughed and made my way away from the crowd. My boots tapped on the floor and I found myself sitting in the auditorium. I sucked in a deep breath and let it out. I looked around and made sure no one was in there and I sucked in another breath.

“Tonight, we are young. So let’s set the world on fire, we can burn brighter than the sun!” I sang at the top of my lungs. I heard a door close and I quickly stood up and looked around for someone. I didn’t see anyone so I hand ironed my dress and sat back down.

I crossed my legs and my dress hem went higher on my thigh and I tapped my foot with the beat that was in my head.

“Give me a second I, I need to get my story straight my friends are in the bathroom getting higher than the Empire State. My lover he’s waiting for me, just across the bar, my seats been taken my some sunglasses asking ‘bout a scar and,” I sang again. I smiled because I never considered being a singer, but lately it’s been an appealing idea.

“I know I gave it to you months ago. I know you’re trying to forget. But, between the drinks and subtle things, the holes in my apology, you know I’m trying hard to take it back,” I continued singing and my eyes fluttered shut.

“So, if by the time the bar closes and you feel like falling down, I’ll carry you home,” I stood up and sucked in a deep breath as I sang the chorus again.

“Tonight, we are young. So, let’s set the world on fire, we can burn brighter than the sun! Tonight, we are young. So, let’s set the world on fire, we can burn brighter than the sun!” I could feel myself getting into it and the music played in my head. I had never felt this exhilarated in my life. The feeling of air in my lungs was amazing and I had never felt this way, even while I drew.

Just as I was going to start the next verse, I heard the door open and I turned around, my dress swishing with me. I saw a figure in the light and then the door closed.

“Why don’t you sing on the stage?” I heard the figure ask. I felt myself laugh and I looked at the stage. The lights were up and I was standing in the middle of the auditorium.

“Uhm,” I scratched my head, “The stage isn’t ready for me just yet,” I answered as he came down the aisle. He laughed and stopped at the row that I was in and motioned for me to come over. I hesitated before walking down the row to him.

I stopped in front of him. He was one of the guys from the band that was outside and I felt myself blush when I noticed he was checking me out. I took in his features. His hair was dark and short. His lips were pink and his ears were pierced twice. I was a few inches shorter than him and his smile was amazing.

“I think that with a voice like that, the stage is ready for you,” He said taking my hand and pulling me on stage. I looked at him under the light and I wanted to draw him. I looked out at the auditorium and I took in a shaky breath. He let go of my hand and sang something in a different language.

When he stopped he looked at me and I spoke, “Korean?”

“Yes,” He said, “How did you know?”

“I studies languages when I was in high school,” I said with a smile.

“English,” He said with a grin. I laughed and nodded.

“I’m Jonghyun,” He said sticking his hand out.

“Kairos,” I said taking it and we shook.

“Well, Kairos, sing something,” He said and my smile faltered. I looked in the auditorium and my mind went blank.

“Like what?” I asked.

“Something you know,” He said with a shrug. I thought for a few seconds and a song popped in my head. I looked at him and hesitated. He eagerly nodded and I picked a spot to look at before taking a breath.

“It’s getting late and I cannot seem to find my way home tonight, feels like I am falling down a rabbit hole. Falling for forever, wonderfully wandering alone,” I took in a breath and looked at him. He had a smile on his face.

“What would my head be like, if not for my shoulders or without your smile,” I looked at him, “May it follow you forever, may it never leave you to sleep in the stone, may we stay lost on our way home.”

I made my voice a little higher as I sang the chorus, “C’mon, c’mon, with everything falling down around me. I’d like to believe in all the possibilities.”

He clapped when I stopped and I felt myself blush, “You sing awesomely.”

“Really?” I asked making a face. He grinned and let out a small laugh.

“Yeah, very very good,” He said and I could feel myself blushing more.

“It’s hot on here,” I said fanning myself with my hand. I wasn’t hot from being up there; I was hot because I was blushing so much. I heard him laugh and I smiled.

“Yeah, maybe we should go somewhere else,” He said and I looked at him.

“I’m hungry,” he said patting his stomach and I let out a shaky laugh. I was a little worried for a second there.

“Yeah, me too,” I said and we made our way out of the auditorium.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I don't know if my description is right of him, but this is the picture I used. I don't know if this is how he acts, I just guessed.. :)
Hope y'all liked it.. :D

-Liz!