All Over Me

One and done.

Image

Well, the weather man says it's gonna be a hot one
Heard it on the radio
Load up the boat, get your girl if you got one
Nice little breeze gonna blow


“And today, a recorded setting 98 degrees today. Beautiful day, humidity 68%, not a cloud in the sky. Enjoy while it last, the next couple days will bring rain and-”

Duncan Penn smiled as he turned off the radio playing in his room. Smiling to himself, looking out at the beautiful day. He searched for his phone, smiling larger when he found it. Nothing was gonna ruin this day. Nothing!

Baby, I'm on my way to come and get you
Meet me at the end of your drive
Grab your shades and your string bikini
And your Coppertone 45


“Hellllllo!” He chuckled at the familiar voice talking over the line.

“Baby, I'm on my way to get you. Grab your shades, string bikini, and meet me at the end of the drive.” Talking faster the normal, fumbling with his keys. He opened the door to his 1994 Chevy truck that him and his brother restored earlier this summer.

“Ahh, killer. Slow down there, we have the day all to ourselves. No need to talk so fast. I ain't going nowhere.” Mary said.

He smiled to himself, hanging up the phone. The drive to his girlfriend's house of six months felt like it took longer then usual. When he arrived, just as he said, she was there waiting at the end of her drive. Her old cut off blue jean shorts, and an old loose t shirt covering her bathing suit. Her smile was as bright as the sun as she opened the door, that was his favorite feature about her.

Bring on the sunshine, bring on the good time
Girl, let me look at you
Jump in the front seat, kick up your bare feet
Honey, let your hair down too

I know a spot down on the river
Underneath a sycamore tree
Save all your kisses up, bring on your sweet love
Pour it all over me, all over me


She climbed in, taking her normal seat in the middle. He raised is right arm, keeping his left hand on the steering wheel, resting it behind her as she leaded into him. She kicked off her flip flops, propping up her now bare feel on the dash. She let down her long red hair. He took a good look at her, falling in love with her all over again.

“So, I saw we go to the 'spot'” She said, slipping on her shades, looking up at him. The 'spot' was at the river down near the sycamore tree. That's where their first kiss was, their first date also. He smiled.

“You read my mine babe” He winked at her, she slightly shoved his side, laughing at him. He could always make her laugh.

We can build us a fire when we run outta daylight
Let it light up your face
Lay on a blanket, listen to the river
Get a little carried away

Well, I can taste that kiss on your sweet lips
Ain't gonna want it to end
So when the morning comes we'll roll on out
And do it all over again


The sun was starting to set, giving off little light. They've swam all day, now they've laid out a blanket under the tree, in the same spot where they had there first kiss. Duncan just gotten a fire started, Mary laid watching him.

“Ta da! All finished. Now I hope you enjoyed this, took me a whole five-freaking-minutes.” He said, coming up behind her. She raised up, sitting in between his legs. He wrapped his arms around her torso, she smiled up at him. He leaned down and kissed her, loving every second of it. Getting a little carried away, he leaned her back, kissing her more. He tickled her sides, she laughed into the kiss.

“Ok, ok. Jezz killer. Calm done.” She laughed at him. He smiled at her.

“I love you Mary, so much.” He kissed her forehead. She smiled back.

“I love you too Duncan.” He kissed her one more time before laying down beside her. Falling asleep in a instinct with her at his side.

He looked at the watch on his phone, waking up. He sighed as 3:30 a.m stared back at him.

“Mar, babe get up. I gotta get you home.” She woken up, sighing.

“Do I have toooo” She wined, looking back at him. He chuckled.

“Yes now come on.” He helped her up. Grabbing the blanket. He smiled down at her, reaching for her hand. He loaded up everything, driving her home.

“So I’ll be back later to do this again. K?” She nodded her head as he came to a complete stop. Leaning up to kiss him, she deepen the kiss, putting her hands in his hair.

Bring on the sunshine, bring on the good time
Girl, just look at you
Jump in the front seat, kick up your bare feet
Honey, let your hair down too

I know a spot down on the river
Underneath a sycamore tree
Save all your kisses up, bring on your sweet love
Pour it all over me, all over me

Come on, come on, come on, come on
Pour it all over me, all over me


He signed as he pulled away from the kiss. She smiled.

“I love you Duncan Penn.”

“I love you too Mary McConnell. No matter what, its you and me baby.” He pulled her into a hug.

Josh Turner's 'All Over Me' played softly on the radio. They smiled at each other, both of them knowing that this was there song.