Status: (Slow but Active) Comment for Updates. The more comments, the faster we'll TRY to update.

Got My Heart in Your Hands

Friends Become Enemies

Brittany-
A week had passed since the trip to the mall and my argument with Zack. It was slightly awkward being around him after that. He didn’t know whether to speak to me or not. We sat on the bus on our way to the next destination. It started getting late and I retreated to my bunk. Just as I finally was about to fall asleep the curtain to my bunk was pulled open. I turned to see Zack.
“Can I speak to you?” He asked quietly. It was clear something was on his mind. I nodded still in a sleepy trance. We stepped into the back lounge and he sat on the couch.
“If you’re going to yell at me again, save it. I don’t need to hear it.” I said slightly defensively.
“No, I’m not going to yell at you. I wanted to talk to you. Just sit.” I joined him on the couch. We sat in silence for a few moments before he spoke up. “So what’s going on with you and that Eckes guy?” I punched his arm.
“Zack!” I laughed. “His name is Jordan. And nothing.”
“You’re lying.” He smirked. “You LOVEEEE him. Don’t deny it. He seems like a good guy.” I rolled my eyes.
“I guess. But I don’t know, we’ve only known each other for like two weeks.” I fell back and lied on the couch. I put my feet in his lap. We spent most of the night talking. Eventually we went to sleep or at least he did. When I crawled out of my bunk I noticed we were stopped. Looking out the window I saw a diner. I went to tell the bus driver I was going for breakfast. As I walked in an elderly woman greeted me at the door. She seated me quickly.
“Mind if I join you?” A voice said behind me. I turned around. There stood a tall, strange man. I didn’t recognize him.
“I’m actually waiting for someone.” I said hoping he would leave. He didn’t. He sat down. I started to get up and walk for the door. Jordan and Cameron were walking toward the entrance. As I went to walk out and to Jordan he grabbed my arm. I screamed and tried to pull away. Jordan and Cameron raced up to me and the stranger. They pulled him off me. The commotion caused the two bands to wake. Everyone rushed out to see what had occurred. Before I shed a single tear someone wrapped me in their arms. It was Jordan. I wrapped my arms around the tall, lanky man and started sobbing uncontrollably. Zack tried pulling me to the bus but I refused to let go of him. He was the one person where I felt completely safe. Jordan took me to the bus. He offered to stay with me. Which I was more than happy to take that offer. That night I fell asleep in his arms. I woke up to people talking. I remained quiet trying to listen.
“Why are you so wrapped up with her?” I heard Jack ask. “She gets hurt way too easily. And when she gets hurt, we always have to pick up the pieces.”
“I won’t hurt her. She’s broken, we all know that but she needs people to put her back together. Did you ever try to help her stop?” Another voice asked. Silence fell. “I thought so. I really think she needs help. I’m not saying send her to some dumb ass shrink who’s paid to listen to her, but us. Her friends. People she sees everyday and knows they’ll help her.” I realized Jordan was gone and it was him speaking.
“How can you help her?” Alex asked. I knew the guys weren’t intending on sounding like assholes, but they were looking out for me. “All I’m saying is that she’s always getting hurt. I don’t want to pick up the pieces again.” I had enough. I stormed out of my bunk and to the group in the front of the bus.
“I’m sorry for making your life hell Alex. I’m sorry you asked me to come on this tour. I’m sorry you’re my friend who I thought I could rely on. I’m sorry I thought you were my friend. I guess I was wrong.” I pushed my way off the bus. I walked for a while before realizing I didn’t know where I was. There was a lonely old gas station sitting on the corner. It was like the one where the people go to in the movies but they die. A white van pulled up next to me. I saw Cameron in the driver’s seat.
“You know they’re going crazy trying to find you right?” He said as he drove slowly next to me.
“Maybe I don’t want to be found.” I retorted. “No one wants to deal with me anymore. Alex said it. Everyone thinks it too.” He pulled over and climbed out. He now stood in front of me.
“That’s not true. Alex didn’t mean it like that. No one likes seeing someone like you hurting. Especially Jordan. He really wants to help you.” He sighed. I gave up.
“Maybe it’s too late to be helped.”
“What do you mean?”
“I’m saying, I’m done. I’m going home. Back to no one giving a fuck about me.” I stepped out into the street to walk away. There was a bright flash before everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey it's Brittany again. So the feedback is great. keep it up guys! :D