Status: (Slow but Active) Comment for Updates. The more comments, the faster we'll TRY to update.

Got My Heart in Your Hands

If a Guy Like You...

Jordan-
I sat outside of All Time Low’s van hoping Brittany would return. It started getting dark and I grew worried. Alex paced in front of me. I took a drag off the cigarette. I looked at my phone for the time. The numbers read eight forty five. Zack came running up to us.
“Guys, we have to get to the hospital. Now.” He panicked.
“Why? What happened?” I looked at him. Something didn’t feel right.
“There was an accident. We have to go now. We might not have much time.” We all ran onto the bus. The drive to the hospital was long and anxiety consumed us all. The large group of both bands filled the waiting room. A terrified, shaken Cameron came out of the hallway.
“Where is she?” Rian asked. “What happened?”
“She went into the street, someone came flying down the road and hit her.” He choked out. “They didn’t stop.” I felt light headed. I sat down and braced myself for the worst.
“Where is she?” I asked, afraid of what might be the answer.
“The doctors took her in immediately. They said there was probably bleeding.” This couldn’t be happening. I just saw her but a few hours ago. She couldn’t be almost dead. Everyone left but Alex, Jack, Rian, Zack, and I. With my head against the wall I shut my eyes, hoping that when I opened them she’d be standing there. Everyone was silent. Not the slightest noise. I knew now, that what I felt for Brittany, was definitely more than friends. I knew there was something more, but it became more evident that I was falling.
“I can’t believe one of the last things I said about her was horrible. She didn’t deserve it. She hated my guts.” A saddened Alex spoke through tears. “She might be a handful at times, but she can’t help how she handles life. It’s not her fault.”
“It’s no one’s fault. She just takes everything way more seriously than it is. That’s just her.” Jack added. I put my head in my hands. No one knew how I felt about her. My heart throbbed knowing that I might never, ever hear her sweet voice again or see her sparkling hazel eyes. I felt sick. A woman about fifty came up to us.
“Have you heard anything on her?” She asked almost silently. We shook our heads. The four stood up and hugged the woman.
“This is Brittany’s mother.” Zack quietly introduced. Slowly I stood up and shook her hand. I offered her a somewhat comforting hug.
“I’m Jordan, I’m a friend of Brittany’s.” I introduced myself. She took a seat next to Alex and Zack. Seconds turned into minutes. Minutes turning into hours. Hours passed and yet no word on how she was doing. It was nearly two in the morning when a doctor came to us.
“Family of Brittany?” His voice bellowed. Her mother stood up. “Please follow me.” We followed the doctor into a large conference room. Once we were all seated he sat in front of us all.
“Is she okay?”
“Yes, she is okay. However she did suffer from some bleeding, a broken arm, bruised shoulder and fractured ribs.” We all sighed in relief. At least she was okay. We were escorted to her room. She was awake and groggy, but she was awake.
“This fucking machine! Hey shut the fuck up!” She yelled at it. It kept beeping.
“She’s still a little out of it from the pain killers.” The doctor chuckled.
“She’s fine.” Zack waved it off. “This is her on a normal day.” Everyone left the room except me. Zack stopped in front of me.
“Tell her.” He winked before leaving. This was it. I was ready to confess everything. Well hopefully.
“Brit?” I stepped closer. She looked up at me. “Can I ask you something?”
“Yeah. While I’m still semi sober and not stoned out of my mind on these drugs.” She chuckled quietly.
“Okay.” I rubbed the back of my neck nervously. “If a guy liked you, would you want him to just come out and tell you or what?”
“I think he should just be honest with me.”
“Okay, well what if I said it was me?” She looked at me with a confused expression. “I mean, it’s me. I was thinking maybe once you get out of here, we could go out or something. Just the two of us.”
“I’d like that.” She smiled lightly. “Now, if this fucking machine doesn’t stop beeping.” She growled. I was looking forward to this date.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. So the whole comment/chapter thing is working amazingly. a HUGE thanks to forevernalways again! shes been pretty damn awesome. so yeah. keep it up :) oh yeah and I GOT INTO COLLEGE YESTERDAY!