Status: Short story

Along with the Scenery

Goodbye...?

Along with the Scenery
jessiRoad

Marissa looked out of the car window at the trees as they swished by. Feeling the wind on her face and smelling the sweet smell of the autumn night she realized she was going to miss her little neighborhood of Lotus Pointe.

She quickly wiped a tear from her eye before her brother could catch her crying and tease her about her immaturity. It’s not that she wasn’t looking forward to the move it’s just that she grew up in that house and would miss it terribly. She remembered waving to the neighborhood dogs she used to walk and the old cat that would hiss at her.

They were leaving her little town now and she was getting more depressed the farther they got. She would be changing schools now and she was going to miss all of her friends from the classes she had taken before. She was going to miss out on the great academic opportunities that her old school offered and the great time she was supposed to have that year as the Student government president.

Taking a deep breath she focused on the sounds of the pitter-patter of the newly falling rain. She didn’t mind that she was getting wet but in fact she enjoyed the seldom feeling it brought on. Ignoring the “are we there yet”’s of her brother and the groans of frustration from her sister she tried to remember the last day of school she had, yesterday….

Her secret crush admitted his attractions to Marissa just to find out that she was moving, but she couldn’t help but wonder. Was he only just admitting it now because he wouldn’t have to face rejection… or was it because he needed her to know before they were never to see each other again? Either way it hurt her to remember his face and his eyes and the way he would smile at her when he caught her staring.

Snap out of it. She couldn’t remember that now of all times, of all things. She resumed looking out the window to see they were already in South Carolina. And they were only half way there. She let out a small almost inaudible sigh but one that caught her mother’s attention. Her mother gave her a sympathetic smile and a little sigh also, trying to explain her level of understanding.

But it was too late for understanding in Marissa’s point of view. She was ruined; at least that is what she had convinced herself. She sat back and continued to watch as the past few years of her life flew by with the scenery.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it and remember to comment and tell me what you think AND if I should keep writing... ThankZ!