Status: Comments are appreciated.

Monster

001

Image


I had been slumped in the corner for weeks, only moving when it came to necessity. I lit up the 30th cigarette for today, lighting grasping it between my lips and inhaling the deadly smoke.

I hated what he did to me, I hate that the fucking bastard who told me the impossible.
"Don't worry, beautiful. We'll be together forevermore. Nothing, and I mean not a thing could come between us."
I can still hear the words, the strong tone of his voice, clearly. It was drilled into my head, forever stained in my memory.

He was always so believable. I hung off every word that exited his lips, the lips that had belonged to me. Those lips had promised me the world. Of course I never believed him, how could I?

I put the cigarette out, pushing past all the other butts to smother the burning tip. I still couldn't believe he'd done it, I tried to pretend it never happened. That he hadn't left me, but it had happened. Nothing in the world could help me now.

Another few hours passed, though it could have been days. Not that I cared, I was waiting to die. Wishing this pain was internal bleeding. The door on the opposite side of the room opened slowly, flooding the room with light and causing me to hiss.

I kept my eyes open, ignoring the burning that wanted me to close them.
"Why are you sitting in the dark?" The voice I hated asked,as if he didn't know.
"Oh, nothing." I replied, not wanting to really engage with him. But of course it didn't work, he sat infront of me. He was just a black shape, I was glad the last thing I needed to see was his stupid grin.
"Answer me." He demanded, I involuntarily chuckled. He thought he could still control me?
"I don't have to answer you, you shouldn't even be here. Have you come to gloat, Dear?" He lightly touched my ankle, I already missed his touch.
"No, of course not. I came to see if you were alright."

Something was wrong, he'd been making small talk for the past hour. I don't know why, honestly. Its not like he cared about me, no one did.

"I suppose I should tell you the real reason I'm here." He stated, like it was meant to be a thought.
"That's what I've been waiting for. I don't want you here, I just want to die." I could feel him smiling, a big sadistic grin.
"That's why I'm here. I want to put you out of your misery." He reached behind him, pulling out a gun. I hated that bastard, I should have known. "A friend of mine saw you yesterday, said you looked sick. I see what he meant, you really don't look well."
"So you decided to kill me?" I asked, knowing the answer. This had been his plan after all, I knew he had that same grin on his face, the one that meant the beast inside him was about to get the blood it needed.
"Well, if your plan is just to die, I figured I should help." This wasn't him talking anymore, it was the beast.
"If you're going to do it, do it already." I plainly stated, giving him the same smile he had. Sick, twisted and barely human.

I waited for him to point the gun at me, just waiting for it. After five minutes I was growing impatient.
"If you're not going to do it, give me the fucking gun, don't be a pussy." I teased.
"I call the shots here, you die when I want you to die." He snarled, as I grabbed another cigarette.
"Didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with your food?" Yes, food. I knew he planned to drain me of my blood. I felt that smile grow, getting less human.
"Ha."

That was the last word I heard as he pulled the trigger, aiming for my left eye. Life leaving my body, my last breath was filled with cigarette smoke.
♠ ♠ ♠
I dont think this is that good.
I'd appreciate any criticism.