Status: Postponed for right now.

The Chosen

Prolouge

I was the chosen, the feared, and the ultimate threat that went like a shiver down the spines of the knowledgable. I was the first Godrich girl to be born, the all-powerful and the cursed.

I assumed this role the day I was born. There was no question that I had to be protected. In the middle of the night strangers banged on the doors to our mansion that stood tall on the countryside of Eastern Europe. The shouting voices that claimed they wouldn’t rest until my blood was spilled from my very flesh; the gruesome truth that was laid before me. My own loving parents feared and dispelled my remarkable powers; my gifts of clairvoyance, impossible speed and strength, to be anywhere in the world with just a thought in my head...

It wasn’t a pleasant prospect that I could end their lives with a simple hated whisper in my mind. A revengeful spitting of grief if they did not give me what I wanted at the age of 6, or 7. They always kept me at arm’s length – wary and afraid.

When it was too unbearable to take, to keep me out from harm’s mercilessly undying persistence to kill me, my mother and father thus sent me off to a boarding school to be properly protected and trained in the arts of self-defense. I had little control over my own powers and by going there I could enter a type of force field that drew away predators and killers and finally exude a sense of relief for the first time, ever, in my life.

It was the one place where I felt such relief and such loneliness all at one time.

Since then, things haven’t changed much. I still feel the intense gaze of the schoolmates of mine staring at the back of my head as I meander down the hallways, I have no connections with them at all other than answering their heinous questions. And, most of the time, I don’t even answer those. Every thought that ever involved saying the words Céline Deluna Godrich I could hear seeping through my mental consciousness.

My powers have become more accessible, and even more powerful as they continue to grow and develop as I do. I’ve been able to recognize some gifts that were not even present before; be able to detect other aspects to the ones I’ve frequently used in the past.
The daily trips I take each day help to calm me – even if they are forbidden at the school. To trespass outside the walls is prohibited.

Try telling that to the most gifted sorceress on the planet.

I assume that wasn’t on the top of their list of priorities.

Most of the time, they didn’t know I left. I would teleport from the intimate space of my room only to be back in less than a minute – for I could dictate the time and manipulate it so that it was like I had never left at all.

So that, maybe, I was never there at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some may recognize this story. I did stop in the middle of publishing and I've then revised where I wanted to take this story. The prolouge is the same, but the story line is going to be different.
I couldn't help but tell Céline's story again - she's a character I need to get out!
Feedback is loved.
Lauren.