Two Worlds

The New House

"Absolutely not." I complained to my father with a straight face as we were in the driveway of our new house.

All three of them stayed quiet and I kept complaining, "Seriously... You're kidding. We left our gorgeous new house in Beverly Hills for this..."

Scott, sitting in the front seat, replied, "I don't think it's that bad. You haven't even seen the inside yet."

"I don't even need to see the inside, I already don't like the outside."

Dad, who was driving, sighed very loudly, "Maddy, honey. It was really the only house that the company could offer us."

Sam, who sat next me, just stayed very quiet. I crossed my arms as I saw the mold on the house, the cracks on the windows, how old the door was... It was just terrible.

Scott then sighed, "Seriously, if you stay for a while, you'll probably just get used to it. It's really not that bad. They even cleaned up the mold for us. The last time Dad and I came to take a visit to the house, it was even worse than this."

"You'll be okay with it, because you're going off to going to Cambridge University. Which is super duper far away from here."

"I'll come visit you guys, no worries." He replied.

I groaned and looked at Sam. I pouted my mouth at Sam and he grabbed my hand, "I don't think it's THAT bad. It could be worse. We can always stay in the same room if it makes you feel any better."

Sam was always that cute little brother of mine.

I smiled and he layed his head on my arms.

I pointed out, "Dad. What if we gathered all of our money together and bought a new house? Maybe it we could get it a different location..."

"Maddy, it's not that easy. You do know that my business isn't doing so well in the American economy which is why we had to circuit ourselves to England. And I, myself, moved down a position so my salary is barely that high anymore."

I groaned, "The sad part of England."

"Go easy on Dad, Spence." Scott complained. I stayed quiet and Dad continued, "Maddy. It's only for the convenience. It's not like it was my choice. If it was my choice, I would have been perfectly fine staying in the suburbs of Beverly Hills. This was forced for us."

I shrugged, "Just try finding another place as soon as possible please."

He nodded and then got out of the car. He poked his head at the window again and announced, "Well, let's get unpacking then."

I got out of the car with Sam's hands in mine and we began to help each other moving the boxes into the house.

Don't even get me started on the inside of the house... It was dusty. The floor creaked like crazy. All the windows were cracked and the smell was just terrible.

I started, "Somebody... Please get me some air patrol here. This is terrible."

Scott grabbed my arm and glared at me. I rolled my eyes and got out my dusting fan. But it wasn't working, dust was just going everywhere.

After an hour of unpacking stuff to where it belonged... Sam, Scott and I began choosing a room. I bet you all of us were afraid of this place because we chose a room that was next to each other. Even Scott, even though he wasn't even going to live here, he was going to live in a fancy dorm and studying in a fancy college.

I envied him so much right now.

Sam and I chose the room right next to each other and it made it better cause in between us was the bathroom and we could always run to each other easily if anything happen. Dad chose the room connecting to Sam's room so basically we were all aligned with each other.

"When do you start school anyway?" Scott asked me. I pouted, "September 5... Which is in like 2 weeks. What about you?"

"The same day, but I have to move in a week before that. Which is in like two days."

I wanted to cry. We had never been separated at all before and Scott would be the first one departing us to go to Cambridge University.

Sam came in my room and sat down on my bed and sighed, "Are you okay?"

I nodded, "Okay. What about you?" And I went to go sit down next to him. He nodded, "It's better than being homeless."

I shook his head and placed my arms around him. Scott looked around the room, "You'll definitley get used to it. It's nothing. Just an old house. Call the rennovations people and you'll be set. The house will look good as new."

I held onto Sam's hands...as all three of us looked around the house. We were all creeped out by it but no one was saying a word.

The night that we had to sleep, Scott and Sam slept in the same room and Dad and I slept in our rooms. We closed our door, but kept the connecting doors opened. I couldn't exactly sleep but around three in the morning, I was beginning to get a bit sleepy.

I felt like I woke up again to hear one of the three of them going to the bathroom. I heard the door shut loudly and I complained, "Ugh... You could shut the door a little more softly."

They didn't reply so I frowned... Greatest brother ever.

Then one of them started walking in the hallway. I sat up and saw my door opened and I groaned, "And they had to open my door... Great."

My vision was still a little blurry but as I shut the door, I saw someone walking in front of me. I became confused to why would either three of them would be walking when the bathroom was already here.

Hmm, maybe they were hungry.

I poked my head out, but they were gone.

But I didn't hear the door shut or anything. I shook my head and said, "I must be going crazy."

I went back to my bed and fell asleep.

--> The next morning, I went downstairs at nine in the morning with a backache and a neckache. I started stretching them out as i walked downstairs.

Dad was drinking coffee and started, "Taking you didn't sleep as well?"

I shook my head, "Well... Whoever went to the bathroom last night and shut the door really hard, you woke me up. And whoever was walking to the hallway, thanks for walking very loud. I barely had a deep sleep after that."

Sam looked at Scott, "You went to the bathroom, why didn't I feel you getting up?"

Scott shook his head very quickly, "No... Did you? I didn't feel a thing either. I would probably be up if you went to the bathroom."

"Same here, dude."

Sam, Scott and I had always been the lightest sleepers so the littlest things would wake us up. I then glared at Dad and he widened his eyes at me, "Oh, don't look at me. I slept like a baby last night. You know those wonderful Tempur-Pedic matresses, they're amazing."

I became very confused.

So none of them got up to go to the bathroom?

They must have slept walk and forgotten. I was sure I wasn't dreaming, because I hadn't really been sleeping.

I got goosebumps just thinking about it.

--> A week passed by. We sent Scott off to Cambrdige University and he probably absolutely loved it already. I was going to Tiverton High School as a junior; apparently you're done after you're sixteen, but they said I could use the American system here in England.

Sam and I were going to the same school, but he was the primary education while I was part of the secondary education.

My uniform was a black knee-length skirt, the Tiverton High School sweater and black flats. While Sam had to wear the same sweater, black shoes and tailored trousers.

During school, not a lot of people talked to me. I was pretty older than them so maybe they felt intimidated. But still, someone be friendly to me? I did hear one girl say I was an American, and i felt a little offended.

At lunch, I sat by myself and there was a whole thing of fish and chips on my plate. I was never really the one that had a lot of friends; Back in California, I had two or three really good friends, but none of them were my best friends like my brother.

I saw one girl coming up and then she sat across from.

"How ya doing mate?" She said with a very strong English accent. I looked at her puzzled and she reached her hand out, "I am Amanda. What's your name?"

"Umm, Spencer."

Now, she gave me a puzzled look and laughed, "Anything easier?"

"Right. My actual name is Madison, you can call me Maddy."

She nodded. "That makes my life a whole lot easier."

She began eating her sandwich very quickly. She seemed very, boy-ish. Very non-girl like, but she was pretty confident. She pointed at me and started, "Listen. I know you're American. First, people here aren't that friendly with the new girls in school and second, you are an American, which is probably why they're pretty harsh on you right now."

I nodded and she continued, "Listen. I feel bad for you. You're new and you don't know anything. Take it as that I'm your new friend, okay mate?"

"Umm, okay. That sounds perfectly good."

"So where is your house?"

"Oh, I live up on Clarks Village. The small village where there are barely any lights."

"Bloody hell. That village gives me the chills. I went there on a dare with my friends one time, and we just got the creeps being by one house. It was absolutely horrid."

I slightly smiled. Wow, this girl was very friendly. I really liked her right now.

Someone called out for her name and she looked at waved. She smiled, "I gotta go... study session. Lunch is almost over anyway... I will see you later, okay?"

"Okay... Nice meeting you."

"Yeah sure." She concluded and then walked off. I sighed as I sat by myself again picking on the leftover fries.

After the first day of school was done, i walked back home with Sam and when we arrived home, we saw two medium sized trucks in our driveway. We went inside the house and saw Dad perfectly ordering to replace the windows.

"Dad. We're home."

He smiled, "Oh you guys are home... Wonderful."

I placed my backpack on the kitchen table and Dad continued, "We're replacing the windows... And cleaning the mold off of the walls, so the house can look a little better. Good idea, eh?"

I smiled and nodded, "If it's what you like, Dad."

Dad pointed at me and sighed, "Ahh... I just realize that there was a basement in this house." He went to the door about twelve steps away from and pounted the door. "The basement door. You wanna see? It's completely empty except for the shelve that's impossible to move."

Sam and I went towards the door and looked down at the basement. Dad turned on the light and gestured his arm out, "Let's go down."

I smiled and the three of us went down.

The basement was completely empty but I felt very, odd in the basement. Like, I've been here before. It was like a deja vu feeling, but I had never been in England in my life... I could have never been here. I was staring at the shelf for quite some time and noticed on book sitting on top of the shelf.

What was with this basement? There was a strange feeling i couldn't think of.
♠ ♠ ♠
+ First chapter!
+ Please comment to let me know what you think!
+ I really love comments <3
+ I will continue this slowly because I still have two stories to work on, but I just wanted to get the first chapter out so I can get feedback
+ Thank you guys!