Two Worlds

The Invitation

"Elizabeth and Amelia are the spirits who need help in your house down in Somerset. Elizabeth is Uncle's mistress and Amelia is highly frightened by Richard. Richard has the same face as your friend in the future, and Richard's spirit possesses him when you talk about me. My diary, my picture and Amelia's handkerchief is at your house... Nothing is connecting with each other." Robby stated.

I pouted my mouth, "You're telling me. The only reason I can think of is... Elizabeth and Amelia had to die at my house. That's why they're there and their spirits are walking around."

He crossed his arms, "The question is... How did they die?"

"Hmm. Of course. What do they need help with?"

We were trying to connect everything but nothing was going together.

"Hmm. When my friend, Riley went crazy... I asked him what he was doing here... And he answered, to help Uncle and myself."

He placed some fingers on his chin and shook his head... "This is absolutely impossible to figure out."

"Didn't King Edward say he had a house ready for her? He even said sketchily... we will be happy together." I shivered while asking and he sighed. "Hmm... What could possibly be the connection?"

I put my hands on my forehead and sighed, "Robby. I don't think we're gonna find the answer today."

He slightly smiled and then sat down at the table from a distance from me. He started, "You've been here for long."

"I know. What time is it? I haven't played with my phone for hours."

He took out his pocket watch and checked the time. "It is... One. Afternoon time."

I groaned, "I've been here for so... so long."

"If the more you come, the longer you stay... Would it be possible for you to stay for weeks?"

My eyes widened at him, "Oh my god. The more I come... What if I stay for months?" I panted at him, "Oh my god. Months... I'm gonna have to stay here for months. What is my dad going to do without me?"

"You still want to go back?"

"Of course I do. My family lives there."

He stayed silent and then looked down at his shoes. I wandered my eyes around and then coughed, "Sorry. I didn't mean to say I didn't want to be here. It's just... You gotta understand the technology in my century... Is very... amazing."

He sighed, "I wish I could go visit you in your century."

"You already did." I joked. He laughed, "Well... In a real form, I mean."

I nodded then tapped his shoulders. Just then Riley, I mean... Duke Richard coughed coming in. "May I bother you two love birds?"

We looked at each other and raised our eyebrows. Duke Richard continued, "Dear old brother, would you pardon me if I borrowed Miss Madison for a few questions? It will only be a few."

Robby stayed quiet and crossed his arms. Duke Richard walked towards him and continued, "Actually. I do not particularly think I must say love birds. You two are only relatives... Like we are."

Robby looked like he was getting upset then I smiled, "Sure. What do you need to talk about?"

"I'd like to go in private."

I looked over at Robby and his hands turned into a fist. I smiled at him and slightly nodded. He just frowned at me and looked the other way. I then followed Duke Richard into another huge room and he sat down on the couch.

I just looked at him and smiled.

Still mad at Riley... That... bastard.

I sighed, "So... You wanted to talk to me about something."

"Ah yes, where are my manners?" He asked standing up and held his arms out for me to sit on the couch next to him. I slightly smiled and sat down. He sat down at a distant from me and then started, "I wanted to request that... I could escort you the ball in the upcoming days."

Ball? What ball?

"Ball?"

He nodded, "Yes. It would be my honor, Miss Madison, if you could be my escort. I would love to have a beautiful woman next to me."

Then we heard Robby come in coughing and both turned around. He started, "She hasn't received an invitation yet."

Duke Richard got up and smirked, "Well. Uncle has requested me to have her receive an invitation from me... So I am asking for her to escort with me."

Wow. They talked super, duper complicated.

Robby crossed his arms, "If she will be attending the ball... The only escort that she will have, will be me."

Everyone stayed quiet. Amelia was by the doorway near the corridor and Elizabeth was on the other side. They all bowed down and I stayed quiet.

Duke Richard chuckled, "You do know... That you're not spouses yet, correct? Otherwise... The media will be after you."

"What about you? You don't care about your image?"

They looked at each other furiously then Duke Richard turned around smiling. He bowed at me, "Miss Madison. I hope to see you soon."

I slightly laughed and nodded. Once Duke Richard walked out of the room, Amelia followed and then Elizabeth stayed. Robby came up to me and grabbed my wrist to get up. He started, "Don't care about him. He's just trying to disturb me."

Well... Great time to play around with him now.

"Why would you be disturbed if he took me to the ball?"

Robby's head shot up and I saw him gulping. "Nothing. I just... Don't like the two of you together."

I bowed my head back and forth and crossed my arms. "You know... Duke Richard is quite handsome. Just as handsome as you. And I think he likes me... Maybe I should go with him to that ball..."

He quickly shot up turning around and grabbed my wrist. We bumped into each other and then our eyes met once again. I smirked at him and started, "Was there any jealousy in this century? Because I'm starting to think you're feeling it."

"Jealous? Whose jealous?"

"You." I stated. He coughed, "Would you stop playing a comedy for once?"

I cracked up laughing, "I'm not playing a comedy. I'm being serious. If Duke Richard was that polite to ask me to the ball..."

He grabbed my wrists hard and said angrily, "If you decide to attend the ball with Richard, I will not call for you to come on that day."

Whoo.

Okay.

He was mad.

I slightly pushed him off and he let go of my wrists, crossing his arms. I started laughing again, "I'm only playing around. Don't be so serious."

I turned around to smile at the fact that he was jealous.

Eeeeeeeee!

I went up from behind him and started, "Okay. Okay. I won't go with Duke Richard. I'll go with whoever you want me to go with, sound good?"

I saw him slightly smiling and started, "You're very cute when you get mad. Like a little kid dropped his ice cream cone, or something."

He turned around and we bumped into each other again. He blinked multiple times before leaning in towards me. I started blinking many times and he kept coming closer and closer.

Just then, the sound came.

I quickly reflected back and Robby quickly pulled away. I sighed, "Ugh. Why now?"

I looked at Elizabeth who was slightly hiding in the corner. I squinted my mouth and totally forgot about her.

I am such an idiot.

A mean idiot.

"Time for us to depart?" He asked.

I nodded my head, "The departure that I absolutely despise right now."

He slightly smiled and grabbed my hand. "I'll write soon."

I nodded again and smiled. "I'll see you."

I held out my hand for him to give me a hi-five and he did. I laughed at him before going then waved at him.

I started walking and went passed Elizabeth. I waved at her and concluded, "I'll see you." I grabbed her hands and started, "I will help you..."

She bowed at me and handed me my bag. I quickly walked to the palace's library. When I reached the library, I felt someone grabbing my hand from behind. And it was Robby.

He smiled, "I have to send you off... Otherwise, it wouldn't be a complete trip."

I smirked then went in front of the doorway. I waved at him once more before placing my hands on the doorway. When I came back, it was dark... and creepy again.

I checked my phone which was already 2 in the morning.

"Geez. I was gone for long."

I heard footsteps upstairs and quickly ran up. I saw Scott walking around the living room and coughed. He turned around and cracked up laughing.

He was pointing at my outfit and I looked down. He laughed, "You look hideous."

I squinted my mouth, "This is the only thing I despise going there."

He came up to me and felt my stomach, "Dude. You wear those corsages or something over there?"

"Corset. And yes. They have to be skinny there."

"I wonder what you would do if girls were fat."

"Yeah, I wondered that too."

He laughed and started, "How's your Duke?"

I shrugged, "Good. Handsome. Amazing." I sat down on the couch blushing and he sat down next to me. I continued, "Why aren't you sleeping?"

He shrugged, "Well... There are ghosts in the house. I can't sleep unless you're here. And plus, I just came back home..."

"Where'd you go?"

He looked away and I tapped him. "Where'd you go?"

He sighed, "Riley's in the hospital. He got into a car accident."

My eyes widened at him, "Did you just say car accident?"

He nodded his head and sighed, "After we got into a fight, he ran away and then a car hit him. Now he's in the hospital. He's fine, he just hasn't woken up yet."

I stayed quiet and frowned. Scott grabbed my arm, "Hey. Did you see the dude who looks like Riley back there?"

I nodded, "Duke Richard. Yes."

"Did you get anything else?"

I stood up and began walking, "Elizabeth is King Edward's mistress... When he already has a wife named Alexandra. King Edward even has a house ready for Elizabeth... Such a bastard."

"Wait." Scott stood up. "If the King has a house ready for her... And they're spirits in our house..."

I looked at him and my eyes grew big. "Did they die in our house?" I asked. He sighed, "It's possible. Why else would they be here?"

I crossed my arms, "If she's already dead... Why would she here? Why would her spirit be wandering around? I know she needs help but..."

He asked, "If she wants us to help her... That must mean something bad happened to her. It can't be a regular heartbreak. And you said she has a crush on Duke Robert."

"Not only a crush. She's basically in love with him." I replied frowning. He tapped my chin and pouted his mouth, "Jealous?"

I uncrossed my arms and smirked, "Psh. Why would I be jealous? He's 130 years old."

"Not when you go back."

I pushed Scott and groaned, "Enough. I need to get to the bottom of this."

Scott then went to the couch and grabbed my bag. He pulled out Robby's diary and turned the pages. He coughed, "It reads... To Madison... Or what I like to call Maddy. I now address these entries towards you because you are the only one that can read them." He began walking around and continued reading, "You must understand that I want to meet you again, but I do not want to waste these pages to have it end. I know that us meeting each other is more than just a coincidence... I feel like it means something and I do not want it to end. But if this is the only way that we can meet, then let me waste the pages. Signed by Duke Robert."

He closed the book hardly and I bit my bottom lip. I raised my eyebrows at him and he sighed, "You two... You're getting feelings for each other, aren't you?"

I looked away and crossed my arms. He pointed at me and continued, "It's true. You like the Duke."

"Do you really think I want to?"

"Spencer! You can't! He's..."

"I know! He's in the 20th century. The year 1902... But this Duke... You have to understand."

He grabbed my arms and sighed, "Spencer. By his diary, he definitely has feelings for you and you definitely feel something for him. I understand he can help you... But the most you guys can be is friends... You can't be anything more than that, okay?"

I felt like my eyes were getting watery and blinked multiple times. "Listen, Scott. It is not that easy. He is the only person that is with me the entire time I am there. Do you really think that I want to have feelings for a guy whose not even living in my century?"

He let go of me and groaned, "Spencer. Why did it have to be you? Why couldn't it have been someone else?"

"Because Elizabeth and Amelia obviously know that I'm not afraid of anything. Even their spirits."

He sat down on the kitchen chair and sighed. "I can't believe my sister has to be soul mates with a dude from 110 years ago."

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "Dude. I don't even know if he is."

"What is this?" He asked as he opened the first page of the book. It showed the picture magnet of the word, "destiny" and I frowned.

I pointed at it, "I just thought it went well together."

I noticed his picture was missing and touched that missing part of the book. "Robby's picture."

Scott groaned and looked down, dropping the book. "I can't believe this. I can't believe you like him."

I pushed his head and frowned, "I know. Give me some time... I'll get over it eventually."

Just then I heard my phone ringing, so I quickly picked it up. "Amanda. What's up?"

"Maddy. Riley is like going crazy. He's like screaming, Miss Madison, Miss Madison. You need to hurry and get here. I'm afraid he's going to have a heart attack."

"Okay. Okay. I'll be there."

I hung up the phone and grabbed Scott's hands... "We have to go. Come on."

-->

At the hospital, Scott led me to what room Riley was in and we saw nurses and doctors surrounding him. When I pushed through, I heard him screaming, "Miss Madison. You can not leave me. No... Don't go with my brother. No, you're mine!"

My eyes widened and I whispered, "Duke Richard?"

I grabbed his arm and his veins were like popping out. "Riley... Are you okay?"

"Miss Madison. Don't leave me, please... Please, don't leave me."

He was squirming around and nurses tried to inject some medicine in him. I gulped before saying anything else, "Richard. Madison's here... This is Madison. Calm down."

He breathed heavily but he stopped squirming around. He finally stopped moving and he called out, "Miss Madison. Please don't leave me to go with Robert. Please, don't."

I looked over at Scott and Amanda with a puzzled look and sighed.

Duke Richard liked me?

This was too much for me to handle right now.

He finally calmed down and the nurses took the medicine away from him. One of the doctors announced, "It's okay. Let them have their time."

They all went out of the room and then I grabbed Riley's hand. He was sweating like crazy so I got out a cloth to wipe off the sweat, as I was still holding on to his hand.

A minutes later, he shot up like a bullet and panted so hard. He closed his eyes while he grabbed on to my hand so hard. He looked over my way and started, "Maddy?"

"Riley. Are you okay?"

He nodded, "What happened? I remember, I was out to dinner with you... Then everything after that was a blur."

He didn't remember what he did to me?

"You only remembered the dinner?"

He nodded and I continued, "Not even... What you did to me in the car?"

He gave me a puzzled look and shook his head, "No. I can recall nothing. We watched a movie and we went out to dinner. That's all I can remember."

I looked over at Scott and Amanda and they shrugged. I gulped once and sat back.

That must mean... Duke Richard's spirit actually did possess Riley... Because he remembers nothing. Only everything before.

What did Duke Richard want with me? Why was he waiting for me for years?

He looked down at me and let go of my hand. He coughed, "Maddy. What are you wearing?"

I looked down and slightly smiled, "Yeah. Long story. I'll explain later, but I gotta go change. You're okay though right?"

"Okay? Why am I here?" He asked. I replied, "You got hit by a car..."

He shifted his head quickly, "Say what now?"

We all smiled and I grabbed his shoulders, "I'm just glad you're okay."

He laid back down, and I got up. "I'm gonna go change. I'll be right back."

I walked passed them then stood in the corridors waiting for Amanda. She came out a few seconds later and started, "Whoo. That was awkward. Are you okay?"

I nodded and she continued, "What on earth are you wearing?"

"Like I said. It's the only thing I despise going back in time."

She slightly smiled and crossed her arms. I started, "He remembers nothing?"

She nodded her head, "Before you came... He was screaming, Miss Madison! Miss Madison! I am in love with you... Do not leave with Robert... Don't leave with my brother..."

"Oosh. Wait, he's in love with me?"

"Who is he?"

"When he was screaming Miss Madison... He screamed he was in love with me?"

She nodded her head and smirked, "Yeah. I figured it was your Duke's brother who was screaming."

"It is... But I didn't know he felt like that for me."

She sighed, "Well... He does. And very much, I have to add."

I groaned, "This is so complicated. Why would Duke Richard's spirit possess Riley?"

"He definitely wants something from you."

"You got that right."

She then grabbed my arm and came close to me, "So... Are you happy that officially two Dukes have a crush on you?"

I hit her head and then she laughed.

I started, "I need to get out of these clothes before my stomach gets any more bruises."

I walked to the bathroom to go change into my clothes.

Duke Richard.

What did you want from me?