Two Worlds

The Help

After a few more seconds, Robby slowly pulled away from my face... But still holding onto my face.

I stood there frozen... Breathing heavily, and just staring awkwardly at his face. Did he really just kiss me?

Was I dreaming?

We met eyes for what felt like an eternity and I continued to breath heavily.

"Holy crap." I said softly. He slowly took his hands away from my face and pulled away from me. He continued to stare at my face and he started, "I apologize."

I can't believe my first kiss was with a dude from 1902.

I wiped the small sweat off my forehead and sighed, "What... was that?"

He stayed very quiet... and put his hands in his pockets. We both looked away from each other and had our heads down.

Oh my god.

I still can't believe he kissed me.

Just then, I heard footsteps coming on the outside, then he pulled me to hide around the corner. I whispered, "Where are we going?"

"Shh."

As he held onto my hand, we poked our heads out of the corner to see who was there. I wanted to make out that it was Elizabeth, by what she was wearing. But I couldn't tell who the dude was.

Robby was in front of me peaking at the two of them and I was behind him.

From what I could make out... It sounded like King Edward. I started poking my head further when I saw the two of them talking.

"Why were you talking to my nephew earlier?" He asked. She replied, "I was helping him get Miss Madison ready, your highness."

"Madison is well enough to get ready by herself. She is full of talent and skill. She is able to help herself. You do not have to involve yourself with those two."

Elizabeth looked up at him and began, "I assume you're not going to imagine to... with Miss Madison, are you?"

I couldn't really make out what they were saying. Elizabeth grabbed his wrists, "Please. Do not involve yourself with Miss Madison. She is too good of a person."

"Are you saying I am not good?"

Elizabeth stayed quiet. Then King Edward slapped her to the ground. My eyes widened and I tried going in, but Robby pulled my arm to get me back. He held onto my wrist hard and continued peaking at the corner. I heard her sob so hard. He pointed at her, "I take care of you well. I have built a house for you, Amelia and Valeria. You will live there."

"All you are doing is torturing us. We may be your mistresses but we are not your slaves."

Valeria.

Who was that?

I heard him chuckle and he slapped her again, as she was already on the floor. He grabbed her by the chin and she slowly got up. He started, "You will continue being mine. Do not go near my nephew again! I demand it! And I will do whatever I please with Miss Madison of yours."

"Someday... Someone will understand your cruelty. Your time of karma will come to you."

He pushed her chin out of the way and began to walk. He stopped a little then turned back around. Robby and I quickly hid ourselves behind the corner as we heard him walk back.

King Edward's voice came up, "We will begin our departure in seven days. My other nephew has made Amelia available. Make your last days at the palace memorable... You'll never see it again."

I heard him walk away and then I peaked my head out again. She was sitting on the ground and crying... Then she began slapping herself. I ran up to her and grabbed her hands, "Elizabeth. Don't hurt yourself."

She looked up and squinted her eyes, "Miss Madison?"

I nodded my head as she let go of my grasp and wiped her tears off. "He is going to take me away. He is not letting me see this palace again. I am going to face my death in the house he has prepared for me."

"Why is he so mean to you?" I asked. She replied, "He still understands my feelings for Duke Robert. He does not want me to look at Duke Robert again."

I snickered, "That's not called understanding. That's called a selfish man that just wants to have a mistress."

She sobbed again and I grabbed her shoulders. "Whose Valeria?"

She looked up and held my hand that was on your shoulder. "Amelia, Valeria and I are all of his mistresses. Amelia also belongs to Duke Richard. But Valeria is already at the house he has prepared for us. By her letter, she is being tortured. King Edward goes to that house all the time... He departs every month or so. Valeria is there... And she is suffering terribly. He is taking us there to suffer with her."

I thought about what Amanda said... King Edward was a scary dude. He had too many mistresses and from what was the secret, they were slightly tortured.

Is this what they needed help with?

"Where's this house? The house that he has prepared for you..." I asked. She cried, "Down in the town of Somerset."

I slightly coughed.

Somerset.

Holy crap.

Somerset.

That's where I lived.

Robby then came out of the corner and bent down next to me. He grabbed Elizabeth's shoulders, "You're going to be well."

She looked up at Robby and cried even more. She began looking at us back and forth and began, "Duke Robert... Miss Madison. You have been too good to me. I don't deserve this kindness from the both of you. What can I do to requite the both of you?"

I looked at Robby as he looked back at me with soft eyes. I sighed, "The only thing I can ask for you to do for me is to take care of yourself. I'm worried about you."

She nodded her head and I said confidently, "I am going to help you."

I was now sure that... She had no idea what she needed help with in this century. But she needed my help in my century. And I had to figure out what it was as soon as possible.

"Maddy's not the only one who will help you. I am going to help you." Robby started. We both looked at him and he smiled at Elizabeth. He continued grabbing her shoulders, "As my servant, you have been one of the best. I really appreciate that. My servants are like family members to me, therefore, I don't want you to get hurt."

She closed her eyes and leaned her head against his hands. I slowly pulled my hand out from her wrists and looked at him. She started, "Miss Madison. Duke Robert. The two of you match with each other perfectly."

He pulled his hands out from her shoulders and we stayed quiet. She stood up and I held out my hand to help her get up. She bowed at us and concluded, "I best be going back to the ball. Excuse me."

She bowed again and then walked back to the palace. I groaned and leaned up against the wall. "Okay. I'm getting closer."

"Isn't your house in Somerset?" He asked. I pointed at him and smiled, "Yes. My house is in Somerset. And King Edward has prepared a house for them."

He placed his hands in his pockets and came close to my face, "I imagine you and I must take a departure to Somerset."

I looked at him puzzled and he chuckled. "Well... I am going to help you with this spirit in your house. You did not expect me to have you go alone, did you?"

I pouted my mouth and crossed my arms. He then came very close to me and held out his arm. He placed one of his hands against the wall, while his arm was very close to my face. He pulled his face closer to me and began, "I have to take care of you, don't I?"

I pushed him out of the way and hit his arm. "You... are so frustrating sometimes."

He grabbed my shoulders and started, "Do you understand my feelings towards you yet?"

I could feel my face was becoming red and joked, "For a guy who has never had a girl, you're pretty good at showing your feelings."

Ahhhhhh, Robby liked me. Oh my god, he liked me. I wanted to shriek right now... but I was hiding my feelings pretty hard.

He looked down as he still held on to my shoulders and laughed, "I've never had anyone. I can swear it. You're the first girl I've ever had feelings for... As you can see, I'm not exposed to many girls in my life."

I squinted my mouth and pulled my bangs out of the way. He continued, "What about you?"

"What about me?" I quickly asked. He laughed, "Aren't you going to say anything about your feelings?"

I pushed his arms that was close to me out of the way and crossed my arms. I smirked, "I will tell you... another time."

He smirked again and I looked around. "This Elizabeth situation is getting pretty intense."

"It is. I can't believe Valeria and Amelia are part of this too. Additionally, Amelia must be the mistresses of Uncle and Richard. What kind of coal is their hearts made out of? How can they do that to an innocent girl?"

"Valeria. Was she a servant here too?"

He nodded, "Many years ago. All of a sudden, she disappeared and I have never seen her again. I now know where she is. Bloody Uncle of mine."

I grinned, "King Edward said he was going to take the three of them to stay together... In the house in Somerset. Could it possibly be my house?"

I heard him sigh and then I looked back around. "Should we go back inside? I'm pretty sure they're gonna suspect something if you and I are out here for any longer."

He nodded and grabbed my arm, "Of course. Lead the way, Miss Madison."

I glared at him, "Please. Do not call me that. I get enough of that being in this century."

He laughed then we started going back inside.

I still can't believe he liked me.

But still... This is the first official guy who has said that he has liked me.

Why did it have to be in a different century?

-->

As the dance ended, all the guests bowed at me and said their goodbyes. The entire process took about, I'd have to say... 45 minutes.

There was over 300 people here.

When I saw King Edward. He stopped by and smiled at me, "I have been admiring your beauty the entire night, my dear Madison."

Can I puke?

I wouldn't mind it if 25 year old Duke Robby said it to me... but not Mr. Old King Edward dude. I put on a very fake smile and nodded at him, "Thank you... so much."

Just then, Duke Richard came up to him and started, "Uncle Albert. I must speak with you." He looked at me and I heard him whisper, "Privately."

King Edward nodded then followed Duke Richard to a small corner. I slightly peaked at where they were and I saw Amelia by Duke Richard's side.

Ugh, those two... bastards.

They treat woman like dogs.

What kind of guys are born like this?

This is supposed to be the century of Mr. and Mrs. Polite, wasn't it? Then again... Not everyone can be the same. Just then, Duke Richard grabbed Amelia's arm and pushed her to King Edward. King Edward then came out of the corner, with Amelia following. She followed him like she was super frightened by him.

We met eyes and I slightly smiled at her. Her nose and her cheeks were red... So that had to indicate she was crying.

I felt too bad for these girls.

They were so innocent.

I saw a funky looking object a guy was holding in the corner so I slightly tapped Robby to ask. "Robby."

He turned around, "Hmm?"

I smiled, "What is that big thing over there? The one that the guy is stowing away."

"That?" He pointed. He chuckled, "It's a camera. You must have not seen him taking photographs earlier."

A camera?

That's a camera? That is a funky looking camera this century has got.

I am so not a history person, but that camera was huge. My century so beats this century times one hundred.

Amanda should've been in this century, instead of me.

Wait no... Then she would've met Duke Robert instead of me. No no... Didn't want that to happen.

I shook my head and he smiled, "Technology in your century must be very high these days. Correct?"

"Well... You've seen my phone." I joked. He nodded, "I will signal you when the photographs have been developed. My photograph is on there too... Maybe you would like to keep it."

"I already have one at home... Thank you very much." I looked down at his outfit and noticed he was wearing the same exact thing. I pointed, "Wait... You were wearing this outfit. The same exact outfit."

"I do not wear this costume often. Actually, this is a new costume. This is my first time wearing it."

My eyes widened.

So... The person who had his picture, must've been someone from around here... In this dance.

The only person I can think of who has my photograph, is Elizabeth. I thought, remembering what Robby had said when I told him I had a picture of him back in my century. I looked over at Elizabeth who was talking to the photographer and I sighed.

So... The picture that I own... could possibly belong to Elizabeth?

-->

I think it was already four in the morning by the time everything was cleaned up. Robby came up to whisper to me, "When are you going home?"

"I have no idea. But... I am... very sleepy right now. I haven't slept all night. The times are opposite."

"I haven't imagined about you staying the night, but I have prepared a room for you in case. I noticed... The more you come, the longer you stay."

I nodded my head and smiled. Then Duke Richard and King Edward came up to us... "We will be heading to the bedroom now. Good night, my dear Madison."

I smiled at King Edward and slightly bowed my head. Duke Richard continued, "Good night... Miss Madison. Wish to meet you again during the days ahead."

Sure.

Why not.

I looked over at Robby, who looked pissed at Duke Richard again. He looked away and rolled his eyes. The two of them went up the stairs as I turned to Robby again, "Those two... give me the creeps sometimes. I think your Uncle said he was admiring my beauty about ten times tonight. Really... Ew."

He smiled, "I'm glad to understand that you're not enjoying the compliments Uncle and Richard give you."

I hit his arm because of the joke and rolled my eyes. He glared at me, "You're not supposed to come in contact with me." I widened my eyes and mouthed at him, "Sorrrryyyyy."

He shook his head and waved his arm. I clapped my hands together and continued to mouthed, "Sorrryyyy."

After an hour or so, he led me to the room I was staying in.

"I was able to manage to get you a room that was on the same floor as me... And also, right across from me. I had to negotiate with Father for a very long time. But I finally got it."

"We're not staying in the same room. Why'd you have to negotiate for long?"

"Males and females must stay on a different floor. Strange occurrences can always happen."

I giggled.

I loved how he said... Strange Occurrences. It was so... 1902 wording.

"So how'd you win the negotiation?" I asked trying to sound... like him. He smiled, "I said I wanted to take care of you."

I looked up at him as we met eyes.

He said the sweetest things... Almost all the time. That made me blush every time.

"I'm going. Night."

He looked both ways then grabbed my hand, "Need I remind you... You were the most beautiful woman in this ball tonight. No woman can balance out with that angel face of yours."

I sighed loudly and pushed his forehead. "Too corny for me..." He laughed and I waved at him, "Night Robby."

"Good night... Maddy."

I walked into the door and quickly shut it... Bending down. I closed my eyes and pulled my hands into a fist to cover my mouth. I wanted to shriek so badly, but I knew I couldn't at four o' clock in the morning.

Oh my god... Was I really liking Duke Robert right now?

Why am I asking this? Of course... I am falling so hard for him right now, you have no idea.